It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was doing my budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I found I was spending 150 dollars a month on Marlboros. Yes, I am a disgusting cigarette smoker for twenty years, and I LIKE 'em lol. I went to smoke shop after reading a post recently that promoted 'drum' and got an education and a way to cut that cost in a third (at least). I was told and have found 'gambler' tobacco is closest to the boros. First one I smoked I actually got a buzz. 1 lb of shake in resealable bag 17.39. Enough for roughly 3 cartons of smokes give or take. A zigzag cig making mach (very cool/6.39) operates by filling and tamping center cartridge attaching empty paper WITH filter, (200 for 1.89) and closing and zipping back and forth. I am truly amazed. The first few I made were loose, not enough tobacco. But by the fifth it looked just like any store bought cig. Just have to tamp down first 2 cms or so. This could save you thousands a year for the like tobaccy afflicted. Not hard either. I've got it down pack, load, and zip it about 3 mins. A couple things I've noticed is it burns longer, less chemical taste. And I only smoke one every 45 min's compared to maybe a Marlboro every 30 or so. I know I'm going to get, 'why don't you just quit', but I really do enjoy my smokes right or wrong. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I roll top tobacco to cut down on cost, watch out though it is murder on the skin of your lips make sure you keep that side dry or it is bad.

Its really gross

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi Redge, I'm not sure we're on the same page. They have 200 count cigarette filter tubes. Empty hollow tube paper attached to the filter for 1.89. I looked closely and there appears to be less brown on the 'gambler' filters after snuffed then the boros. I kept my old water bong from college days and am thinking of giving that a try if I can find it in attic. I've smoked a few lucky strike non filters in my time and yes they can be murder on the lips especially in winter.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Nothing worse than getting a non filter stuck to your lips and going 'ow ow ow' while peeling a nice chunk of skin off, that's a bummer.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

your right, I roll my own, I will look into those things.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's the coolest. 'Gambler' box of 200 for $1.89 cents. Looks like a regular hollow filtered cig, I never knew anything like it existed. Maybe new. I've heard of the glue on or whatever filter you could attach but sound like PIA. The zigzag machine 6.39, is capable of making kings or 100's with small adjustment. It's called the 'zig zag precision-pro cigarette making machine, made in Spain. No product number but says visit zigzag.com you'll see it and it is the bomb. No, I don't have stock lol.

top topics

join