It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some old work with 3Dmax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
heres a few projects i've worked on havent been doing much work lately,i was trying to get into the Art Institute of portland... but i donr have the 74 grand it takes to finish... so i kinda gor discouraged and stopped working with mt programs... photoshop is my true love though...although not much compares to 3Dmax when you need to creat some killer 3d work... and yes.. i am BlackGravity/Extreme/KINGOFPAIN (mods that want to check the origin of my work.)

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
few more...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Nice, you should let gamesworkshop take a look at some of your work. I think they will like it too.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
Nice, you should let gamesworkshop take a look at some of your work. I think they will like it too.

thank's...gamesworkdhop huh?.. ill have to check them out,is the name the site as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
great work! I also use 3dsmax, but the past few years I've done more work inside Cinema4D

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Damn you are sick, keep it up you have a future with that. I am/was a graphic designer and i could NEVER figure out 3dmax. It was wayyyy over my head.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Some very awesome work here! in my type of genre too
Do you animate them as well? Also do you ever take commissions? I need 3d models from time to time.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
great work! I also use 3dsmax, but the past few years I've done more work inside Cinema4D

ahhh yes C4D.. thats the program i started out with when it was version 6 i think... it's still in the top 5 programs for 3D work and annimation.

would like to see some work from you.

Originally posted by hikix
Damn you are sick, keep it up you have a future with that. I am/was a graphic designer and i could NEVER figure out 3dmax. It was wayyyy over my head.

thanks for checking my work out... yea i know how it is to try and understand some of the program... the learning curve is a bit much.

Originally posted by Optix
Some very awesome work here! in my type of genre too
Do you animate them as well? Also do you ever take commissions? I need 3d models from time to time.

i was thinking about it a while ago,and to annimate almost any model takes alot of time.. and understanding how to deal with scripting and all... and im not all that well learned with scripting... so.... but what do you have in mind?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
fun stuff really. just weird spaceships.
by the way i am using that extreme pic as a desktop.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Optix]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN

Originally posted by ixiy

thank's...gamesworkdhop huh?.. ill have to check them out,is the name the site as well?

It's www.games-workshop.com

I think games workshop is the creator of Warhammer 40k universe and the dreadnought you made comes from there.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
ahhh yes C4D.. thats the program i started out with when it was version 6 i think... it's still in the top 5 programs for 3D work and annimation.

would like to see some work from you.

i started with 3ds max because I was designing models for real time gaming... but as time went on, I started getting more into design work and motion graphics, as opposed to getting technical with my models (scaled to size to work with physics, find tuning triangle counts, etc.)

C4D is just so much more intuitive for the types of things I do. I still use 3ds max on occasion, but mainly for third party plugins.

I'll post some 3d work tonight when I get home, although admittedly, I wouldn't dare compare my work to your mechs

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
WOW!! That is stunning.

Especially the one above the iPod one. I can't imagine the amount of work you put into that.
I wish I could do stuff like that. All I'm good at is photoshop stuff. 3D is awesome.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

would love to see some of your work.. will be checkin back on ya!...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

thanks alot... i love photoshop as well.. i have tons of work with that program... i'm just to lazy to post.
,i really wanted to get into vector work... but.. 3D max Took over!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
man nice stuff i could never figure out just how to use this stuff but i havent given up yet i'm currently developing my project chronostar and i rteally need 3d models of my designs but i just dont get how am i suposed to use those shapes and tuff to make the stuff i want with themand how to join separate and uggh it make me crazy just to think about it

PLease do not use these images as i have not released them to the general public as of yet i'm only showing you guys to get an opinion and i dont want to get into legal disputes about it.

this is the closests i've come to using 3d i made it with XARA

here is some of the stuff on photoshop
some cs2 stuff

[im]http://chronostar.275mb.com/xml/udf/images/logos/udf2.gif[/img]

[img]http://chronostar.275mb.com/xml/udf/images/mecha/battle03.jpg[/im]
this is way back like photoshop 8

[edit on 10/11/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
man i really dont like that dumb host i'm on i'll transfer my images over to a new one and post them again sorry

new topics

top topics

join