It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
In 1973/74 in Philadelphia there were a number of “Bigfoot” sightings. Apparently, around that time in the same areas, there were numerous sightings of this creature. One was by a kid, of 10yrs I think, who was in the woods and thought there was a deer behind some bushed. He picked up a few stones etc and threw them into the bushes. A few minutes later this creature, around 8ft tall, came out holding a fence post and looked at the boy and then left in a hurry.

Another was a guy in his bathroom shaving and saw what looked like something looking through the window. He looked closer and saw these “red” glowing eyes peering at him. The window was 8ft above the ground. Apparently it was HIS son that saw the creature in the woods.

In another incident a couple of girls were standing outside their house waiting for a ride and they saw a creature walking on the other side of the road. Now this one appeared to be carrying what seemed to be a sphere but which was brightly lit. It’s eyes were also glowing red. The father came out and went to investigate. At the same time a “UFO” yes, that’s it UNIDENTIFIED Object flew over head shining a light around toward the ground. He returned and never wanted to talk about the incident.

Again, in the same area a couple of guys saw some weird brightly lit object hovering above the pasture and went to investigate. They had parked the car in such a way that the headlights would light their way. The “UFO” had also landed and was making some weird sounds. When they got close they saw 2 creatures. The creatures appeared to be 7ft and the other 9ft. The creatures came closer and they saw that the eyes were glowing green. They shot at the creatures and the UFO literally disappeared and the creatures turned and walked off.

OK now to cut this long story short, are Bigfoot creatures from a different planet?
1. Are they linked to UFO Sightings? Some say not and others say they do.
2. Are they then of this earth or not??
3. Why do the eyes “glow”? My theory is that when they are seen at night there has always been some sort of light source and I can only speculate and say that they have possibly enhanced night vision capabilities like a cat or dog and when a light source hits the retina it reflects back and we see these glowing eyes – as one would an animal in the dark caught in the headlights of a car. This is caused by the tapetum lucidum which allows the cat’s eyes to absorb more light and is located behind the retina. Typically it reflects back the light not absorbed by the retina which allows the retina then to absorb more light. The usual cats’ eyes glow a greenish or golden and a Siamese cat glows reddish. This could explain why the eyes were seen with a red or green glow.

Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Do you have any specifics for these stories, such as location? I've lived in the Philly suburbs in Bucks County for about 25 years and have never heard of bigfoot rumors in the area.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I live right by the city. I'm pretty sure there's no bigfoots that could thrive there, lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I saw this on Reality channel. I will try and see if i can find more on the specific locations and return to post.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
AHHHHH - found something interesting - I cannot find the specific incident that was shown on "Creepy" the program on Reality TV. Any how, here is a link to many sightings in the Philly area (79).
Philidelphia Sightings

Unfortunately I am not 100% certain of the county only that it was to do with Northern Philly - i think. The sightings of what was covered took place around the early '70s.

But again, regardless of the exact County, the questions posed were:

OK now to cut this long story short, are Bigfoot creatures from a different planet?
1. Are they linked to UFO Sightings? Some say not and others say they do.
2. Are they then of this earth or not??
3. Why do the eyes “glow”? My theory is that when they are seen at night there has always been some sort of light source and I can only speculate and say that they have possibly enhanced night vision capabilities like a cat or dog and when a light source hits the retina it reflects back and we see these glowing eyes – as one would an animal in the dark caught in the headlights of a car. This is caused by the tapetum lucidum which allows the cat’s eyes to absorb more light and is located behind the retina. Typically it reflects back the light not absorbed by the retina which allows the retina then to absorb more light. The usual cats’ eyes glow a greenish or golden and a Siamese cat glows reddish. This could explain why the eyes were seen with a red or green glow.

What i know about them is minimal as I don't really get into creatures etc LOL. BUT, after seeing these "eyewitness" accounts it perked my curiosity with regard to other's beliefs etc.

[edit on 20/9/2007 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting site. Sure enough, there's a sighting listed right near the town I live in!
I can't say I've ever seen anything though.
My aunt used to live pretty much in the middle of nowhere in Pottsville or Pottstown (I'm sorry, I get those two mixed up) and was convinced that a bigfoot lived not far from her house. She and the whole family would hear odd sounds at night and the dogs would be too scared to go out some nights after dark. I don't know if she or any other family member ever actually saw anything, but they all said they were woken up by odd sounding cries at night. But that could be caused by anything, really. Although, you'd think it would take something pretty intense to scare a rottwieler from doing his business at night!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That's interesting, Goosenapper, and i will tell you why, When this specific sighting took place, two of the guys that went to see what it was thought they heard what sounded like crying or something like a baby crying etc... Perhaps that's how they communicate. Who knows.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
AHHHHH - found something interesting - I cannot find the specific incident that was shown on "Creepy" the program on Reality TV. Any how, here is a link to many sightings in the Philly area (79).
Philidelphia Sightings
[edit on 20/9/2007 by shearder]

I've seen one or two episodes of "Creepy" (not the one you mention), and it's really the worst possible program to watch if you're interested in the paranormal or mythical beasts - in my opinion. There is absolutely nothing scientific about it, it's over-dramatized, they've got the worst actors and the least likely suspects for "experts". Not to forget that their facts is more likely "loosely based on something that may or may not be true". Maybe they can get a brownie point for entertainment value, or digging up some topics that no one has ever heard of. But that's as far as it goes.

Back on topic... I wonder why it is that mythical creatures always have "red glowing eyes"... Usually when someone adds that to their description my BS meter goes off. I've seen hundreds if not thousands of "glowing eyes" at night, of a wide variety of animals - none of them I could ever describe as "glowing red" as examples such as this one describes them. It's just wrong in so many ways.

As to the question whether there is a "connection" between Bigfoot and ETs/UFOs... In my opinion there is not. Of course I don't have anything to support this. Just as much as no one can support the theory with anything tangible that Bigfoot is connected to ETs/UFOs... My common sense/approach is that Bigfoot is merely a "natural" animal that is yet to be "discovered" (or rather accepted by the zoological community.)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Gem,

You took the words right out of my mouth although the OP did give a pretty good explanation for the glowing eyes which happens to be correct. Maybe you glossed over that part.

As for all the rest of it, just allot of hearsay and tall tales but fun to read none the less.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Oh i more than agree with you. It is quite a bore to say the least. However on that particular night i don't think there was much of anything on any channel LOL so i was reduced to watching that program AGAIN...

But I also have a feeling that possible sightings, especially this one, feels like it has been "sensationalized" with the addition of a "UFO"

But thanks again for the posts all.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Fun for sure. That's why i have never been "into" mythical beats etc. But i found it interesting that they linked, and i use that word loosely, the sighting to a UFO sighting as well... But again, perhaps sensationalized too much

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Check out this thread dealing with odd happenings in NE PA. One poster describes feeling creeped out when hearing what sounded like a baby crying all around him. Another poster goes on to state that it was probably a fox, as they can mimic many sounds, even a baby crying. There are links to sound-bites on there as well.
Now, I'm not saying that is what my aunt's family used to wake up to late at night, but it's certainly something to consider.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goosenapper
Check out this thread dealing with odd happenings in NE PA. One poster describes feeling creeped out when hearing what sounded like a baby crying all around him. Another poster goes on to state that it was probably a fox, as they can mimic many sounds, even a baby crying. There are links to sound-bites on there as well.
Now, I'm not saying that is what my aunt's family used to wake up to late at night, but it's certainly something to consider.

That poster is me and yes Foxes can make some of the most amazing sounds that would curl your toenails.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least and if there are foxes in PA then i would have to assume that this is what they were hearing. I can't imagine huge beasts making the noise of a baby LOL

But hey, IF they exist, then who am i to even think i know what they sound like. Hmmmm... come to think of it, perhaps it is some of our cabinet members on holiday in the US

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
"Baby cries" are just a sampling of the vast repertoire of sounds a fox can make.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
didnt you ehar about the guy with the hook for a hand? but really it was her bf being hung and his feet scraping the roof?

i love these stories wheres the campfire i brought marshmellows.

top topics

join