It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Voltage Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Rare and unexplainable, are those strange people who seem to be charged with high voltage electricity. Medical science doesn't know what to make of them, so it does the next best thing... it proceeds to forget them.
For instance -
Dr. Ashcroft doubted the stories he had been hearing about the young girl's charge of high voltage electricity, so he reached out and took her by the hand. A few moments later, when he opened his eyes, the doubting doctor found himself on his back, surrounded by a group of worried friends. Jennie Morgan had done it again.
paranormal.about.com...
books.google.com... 7C39czVg9EG3QMDrg
She lived near Sedalia, Missouri, in 1895, a frail, nervous girl then in her middle teens. The phenomenon which attracted so much attention to her was not noticeably present until she was about 14 years old. Then, for no apparent reason, Jennie suddenly behaved like a powerful storage battery. Sparks flew from her finger tips when she reached for the pump handle, and the voltage was so high that the spark was painful to her. The sparks were doubly painful to anyone who chanced to touch her under conditions which enabled the electricity to leap through their bodies.

Needless to say, Jennie had few close friends. She regarded the phenomenon as a curse, principally because the family cat was one of her favorite pets and the cat avoided her like the plague after it recieved a few shocks. Jennie's strange electrical endowment faded by the time she reached maturity, and she became another normal young woman, much to her delight.

Medical and newspaper records tell of another human storage battery in the person of Caroline Clare of Bondon, Ontario. books.google.com... - books.google.com... VpzLM - In 1877, when she was seventeen years old, Caroline was a strapping 190 pounder who lived with her parents and 6 brothers and sisters. She became ill, lost her appetite and began to waste away. Doctors could find nothing seriously wrong with her, but she continued to dwindle until her weight dropped to slightly less than 90 pounds.

Then she underwent a mental change as drastic and as baffling as the physical change had been, for Caroline began suffering from seizures - or convulsions - as some of the doctors described them. While in this state, body rigid, eyes fixed and staring, she would mumble at great length of far away places and scenes which she had never visited. It made no sense to those around her, for this simple child had never been outside her native town.

For a year and a half she remained in this condition before she took a turn for the better, but it was not an unmixed blessing, for when her physical and mental health returned to normal, she discovered that she had acquired an unwanted propensity for shocking people who merely touched her. Oddly enough, she not only emitted considerable voltage, but she seemed to be magnetized as well, for when she picked up any metal article susceptible to magnetic attraction, she could not let go of it; someone had to forcibly pull the article from her open hand.

As in the case of Jennie Morgan, the curse of the annoying electrical charge left Caroline when she reached maturity, simply fading gradually, to return no more. Her case was studied by the physicians and a report was made to the Ontario Medical Association in the summer of 1879.

These two people were investigated and forgotten, for in both of these cases science admittedly found only the evidence... but not the answers.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am highly skeptical of these anecdotal high voltage people.

A more likely explanation is that the girl tended to wear lots of wool.

Though I would entertain the remote possibility that some people's cells might be able to hold a slightly higher potential across their membranes. But I seriously doubt it. The human inter-membrane potential is very highly regulated.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A very shallow response. It shows a lack of personal investigation before assuming a conclusion. Though these days Im not surprised.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Very interesting post, you've prompted me to investigate this a bit. It's something completely out of my experience, but I've seen enough to know that anything is possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irradiatus
I am highly skeptical of these anecdotal high voltage people.

A more likely explanation is that the girl tended to wear lots of wool.

I personally have a friend that is a "high voltage person". She seriously has to be careful when being near electronic equipment. I have personally witnessed her blow up a computer monitor, ad dvd player, and a bunch of light bulbs. It's real dude. I dunno what else to say. I have seen it numerous times, as have other friends.

I think the moderator Gazrock? is one of these people. Or maybe it was another moderator.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
good stuff. read into this years ago. its worth the research. then again, they all must be wearing alot of wool.
sucks that all the amazing people we have in the world are never studied, and there is no want to try to understand whats going on that is causing this within their bodies. sigh. thats it. i dont feel like getting to far into it. just check it out for any interested. its good times. check out some of the magnetic folks also.

A more likely explanation is that the girl tended to wear lots of wool

gky

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200
good stuff. read into this years ago. its worth the research. then again, they all must be wearing alot of wool.

I have seen the friend (from my previous post) blow up lightbulbs in her panties =]

new topics

top topics

join