It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Arises In O.J. Simpson Dispute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

from MSNBC | KXAN Austin News
Los Angeles -- One of the men arrested in the O.J. Simpson memorabilia dispute is offering up a conspiracy theory.

Walter Alexander told ABC's "Good Morning America" the whole thing feels like Simpson was set up. Alexander said the former NFL star may have been tricked by the dealer who initially tipped him off about the supposedly stolen memorabilia. That dealer was also the man who caught the confrontation on audiotape.

Source

Ok, so someone arrested with Simpson thinks they were set-up by the memorabilia dealer who tipped them off to the transaction going down.

That's not too hard to believe.

Need I mention OJ Simpson is not a well-liked man?

from The New York Times | O. J. Simpson Arrested and Charged With Felonies
Mr. Simpson has declared his innocence, telling The Associated Press that there had been no guns involved in what he called a self-organized sting operation intended to retrieve some of his football memorabilia.

Source

No surprise there either, after all in "The Trial of The Century" didn't he earnestly declare he was "absolutely 100% not guilty?"

Does anyone think the reasons for this set-up go deeper than simple revenge on the part of the Goldman family?

In a cynical twist, perhaps the Goldman family set up OJ to boost sales of the "fictional" book OJ ghost wrote, "If I Did It," "confessing" to how he would have committed the murders of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman.

It was "No. 1 on the Amazon.com best-seller list" this weekend.

Now, lets take this to another, more sinister level, perhaps it goes deeper than this.

With OJ back in the news, under felony charges, consider the effect that would have on mass media and the limited attention span of the population at large.

Turn on the tv, pick any news station, what's in the news?

It would almost certainly bury everything else in the news for some time.

Like a war going badly, missing nukes, and plans for more war...

...at least until the bombs start dropping on Iran...or here, in America.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm willing to go along with the fact that "they" are going to milk this story for cover for all it's worth. But ...

Even if he was set up, from the tapes I've heard so far (on the evening infotainment, so my sources aren't great) what he did was still a felony. He sounded like a thug, he broke in with guns, cursing like Tenderloin hooker. If it was his stuff, why not call the police?

Whether he was or was not set up is immaterial. He broke the law and did the vigilante thing, and now he's got to pay the piper.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Interseting theory, (about distracting the media away from the war) but I tend to think that the majority of Americans don't really care that much about anything. I mean, that Lindsay Hilton or Paris Lohan or whatever was in the news for like, a week. Now where is she?
OJ was, and is guilty.
He's where he belongs now, and hopefully will stay there for a nice long time.
"Joe" American could care less if we go to war with Iran, as long as McDonald's is still serving Big Macs.
Sad but true.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
He's a murderer that got off with his money. I don't care if he did get set up. If the charge fits, they must acquit. And so the circle closes.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have no sympathy for his predicament, in fact I'll wager most will find it rather amusing to be aware of the fact he may go down, at last, for a long time.

Anytime he does something stupid he's in the news.

He's loathed by most everyone.

But why is he smiling?

We know he's a narcissistic hothead who murdered two people and got away with it.

Maybe he thinks he's above the law and he'll walk away from this one too.

Does he know something we don't?

If he does walk, then I'd be willing to bet he's a willing participant in this sordid little drama.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I got one. how about OJ is a mind controlled asset originally used for football. and since has been triggered in a series of distractions for the American people.

I dont really think this btw.....but I wouldn't be surprised either.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This isn't really "breaking" news, as I just heard it on the radio, but OJ has been charged with 10 felony charges, including kidnapping.
Well, he's out! Yep, two hours after court and he's free on 125K bail.

news.yahoo.com...

Maybe there is something to this conspiracy thing after all...

It's just a shame there were no gloves involved, but maybe we can start a thread about Johnny Cochrane piloting the defense from beyond the grave!

[edit on 19/9/07 by cbianchi513]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
One of the men arrested thinks he's being set-up, how about the guy who was freakin' robbed thinks he's being set up and said so on the Today show this morning that the audio tapes played for the public have been edited.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
my opion is he was set up how come others were not jailed why only oj from my point of veiw its bs the charges wont stick the audio explains it all SET UP

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Set up or not you can't break into a room wheeling a loaded weapon, threatening people with their lives, proclaiming to be a police officer, and making the threat that if they were in LA they'd be dead already, and think you are going to get away with it.

Lets say for the sake of argument that he was set up, it is still no excuse for brandishing a weapon. You can't yell "do over" when you find out after the fact that it was a set up.

OJ believes that he is above the law with everything he does, especially since the acquittal. He isn't. Law enforcement and the general population was looking for an excuse to lock him up and throw away the key, and he gave them that excuse hook, line & sinker.

As far as I'm concerned, society as a whole would be a better place if I never had to see or hear from this man again! Good riddens!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What about this guy Bart Simpson who is still in jail.

What does he have to say?

www.auctiva.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's either that:

1) Murdered both of two people.

2) Hired someone to murder both of them.

But again, I can't say too much about his situations and such, I don't/didn't read too much news about him.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So? His sleezy friends set him up. He's a loser 2x loser. (at least)

First he gets away with a double murder. Now someone decides to take him to that apartment and get his stuff all the while taping the voices so he can do him in.

Its ok. I'm glad that the other sleezes turned him in or set him up. He deserves it.

I understand OJ is working on a new book, "IF I TOOK IT"

I like to see justice done. I hope he rots in jail and Kudos to the other sleezes for masterminding this, if they did.

Life is good.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I go along with a theory forwarded by Dan Abrams of MSNBC.

When the Goldmans won their suit, Simpson squirreled away all kinds of memorabilia and other expensive items with friends and relatives to avoid losing them to the Goldmans. OJ was tipped off that one or more of those "friends" he had entrusted his "stuff" decided to sell certain items.

This makes sense since one of the sellers, Beardsley, has backed off saying Simpson didn't do anything, etc. Why would he do that? Because he, himself, is party to the illegal act of hiding Goldman property won in the settlement. I'll be interested to see what items were confiscated and just who, exactly, the court decides is the owner.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Good point! That makes a lot of sense.

I don't watch tv so I would have missed that theory, at least until it made it to the internet.

I just did a quick search, based on your post, but couldn't find it mentioned.

I did find this though:

With Hilton quiet, Lindsay Lohan laying low, and Anna Nicole Smith long dead, Simpson has brought the entertainment back to the courtroom.

It's also ironic that Simpson started the three-ring circus again by trying to steal back that designer suit he wore with a smirk as the jury let him off the hook on murder charges.

Source

I hear he wasn't doing much smirking during his latest appearance in court...

Originally posted by dgtempe
I understand OJ is working on a new book, "IF I TOOK IT"

I like to see justice done. I hope he rots in jail and Kudos to the other sleezes for masterminding this, if they did.

Life is good.

LMAO! FUNNY!! Good One!

Thanks for the laugh, dgtempe.

I agree with you, absolutely, 100%!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"If I took it", lol

Also I'd like to have an addition - it could be as well that made him angry considering the could-be that his ex wife had affair with ronald goldman, so he had to take an action...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
OJ is an out of control person. If you heard the tape then you realize he can not control his emotions. It's easy to set someone up when you know about human emotions and the persons attitude,personality, and mental state. People are set up on a daily basis to gain money. Just another facet of evil.

top topics

join