It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo adults revisited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am a new member and I have been lurking for a few days. I recently discovered the "indigos" and would like to try to connect with other indigos. I myself am an indigo and need a discussion about the mission that I am on.

If you don't know what an indigo is then you can read a thread that was started 2004.

THE INDIGO CHILDREN

I find that people that aren't "indigo" do not understand what I feel. I myself have felt "special" since I was a young child. I have always asked people if they felt this way and they didn't understand what I was talking about. It was a relief to finally read about other that feel the same way. What disturbs me is that I can not find anything recent on indigos. Is there a reason for that?

Anyway, I would just like a fresh discussion on Indigo adults/children.

(Keep in mind that this is my first post. Please don't be too critical of my "messing up" the format.
)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Plenty of people feel what you feel.

It's a psychological disorder called "Narcissistic Personality Disorder".

[edit] The above is tongue-in-cheek. I am no psychologist (though my wife is). But I am a developmental biologist.

All "feelings" are complex interactions between the release of biochemical compounds and activation of specific neural pathways that feed into other pathways, are processed, and manifest as "emotions" and "perceptions".

Go do a search on PubMed for "emotion". Everyday we're getting closer and closer to having a full understanding of these feelings. We've still got quite a ways to go in fully detailing out these pathways, but we've got most of the basics and many of the finer details.

I'm sorry if you don't want to believe that. I'm sorry that science is eliminating the need for a an non-material "soul" to explain personality, experience, and emotion.

But honestly, the truth is much much more amazing than some glowing ball of energy essence that makes us who we are.

Think about it: you are nothing but a mass of matter, temporarily battling entropy to create order in higher and higher layers of complexity, that, as a byproduct, has created the amazing powers of thinking and awareness. We are hunks of matter succeeding in actually understanding our own natures! That's alot more amazing than the supernatural alternatives.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Irradiatus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am very open minded and not above considering every option. I know much about the psychological/emotional illnesses in the DSM and I know that I do not have npd. There is more to my "experience" than that.

I am also a proclaimed agnostic that was once very spiritual. I turned away from my spirtual side for many years and just recently returned to researching the things that I have experienced.

I don't know if I truly believe in "indigos" but I do know the research I have done is very much of what I have experienced and helps explains a lot of the phenomenon that I have witnessed. This is why I was wanting to bring up the discussion because I want to get more views than just what I have read. I would like a real time discussion and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Irradiatus

Try to behave. This is a noob with a sincere question.

Welcome to ATS Stellawayton!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
While I don't believe anyone has supernatural powers, I will say that among "normal" people you may find some with a mutation, or "disability" that may or may not be beneficial. Something like, vision that only detects certain wavelengths, or an "unusual" human thought process.

These could lead to things normally not being seen, to be seen. Things not normally thought about, to be processed.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have felt different my whole life, but im not going to label myself as an indigo OR a narcissistic whatchamacallit. I have been to psychiatrists and they think im fine. In fact I think im better then fine. I have this knack for reading beetween the lines, Seeing fact in fiction, and fiction in fact. Im a spiritualist with a buddhist lean. I am also above average intelligence and extremely curious. My advice to you is to think outside the box.

Dont believe everything you read. Research, read, watch, listen, ponder, meditate.

Everyone has a purpose or a place in life, and the times we live in are more complicated and faster moving then ever before. Very interesting times we live in indeed. Scary Times for sure. Go on an all night vigil, try something new whenever you can. And read read read, knowledge is power, you might not like what you find, but would you rather live in dreamland? Is Ignorance really bliss? Or will the truth set us free? Freedom comes with the highest price. Are you willing to pay?

You will eventually find your place one way or another. Im more then willing to help you any way I can. For if there is a such thing as indigo's I am surely one of them. But im not sure if there is. I have never met someone who thinks like me anywhere. So feel free to ask me whatever youd like, maybe we can figure out something if we work together. My email is "[email protected]" if you want to email me directly.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am on the same page as gravytrain. Indigo is just a label that really doesn't do the experience justice. Many Indigos manifest their abilities in completely different ways so its very difficult to categorize this phenomena.

Ultimately I feel that for whatever reason a select group of individuals were in some way predestined for this path, but that doesn't mean ordinary people can't experience what an Indigo does.

I would encourage everyone to meditate in order to awaken to their own spiritual abilities.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
wow, thanks for all the replies.

Kosmic, thanks for the welcome. After reading alot of the threads, I fully expected to get blasted but wanted some answers so decided to post. Again. Thank you for the welcome.

Sytima, so you would say that thinking different is a type of "mutation". Interesting concept.

Gravy, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. I hate labels as well but society insists that we have one. When someone asks you what you "are" a label is the easiest way to explain but I find that no one ever knows what agnostic is anyway. I read everything that I feel drawn too and try to research as often as possible. A lot of times I hit a brick wall. I recently started meditating again but am having a hard time reconnecting. I would love to chat about things. my email is [email protected]

Please keep the responses coming. I love to have something to think about.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
there are many advanced souls incarnated here on this planet at this time. when i say advanced i am not saying superior or more important. i am saying spiritually evolved. the terms "indigos" "star children" "Christal children" are all attempts at describing new generations of highly evolved souls incarnated in human bodies with more access to special abilities, that we all have. feeling special or being aware of your close relationship with the universe is not narcissistic. your just more self aware...self aware meaning aware of the connection between everyone and everything....i think you'll find when science tries explain and identify phenomena it cannot "measure" or fully comprehend ,it runs in to spirituality, just as quantum mechanics realizes that eventually at some point below the subatomic level we are all one...i hope you do meet others that feel like you feel...you can attract them to your self with your thoughts...just my view...later indigo

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I feel the same way you do, and despite some bashers here, I do feel that I'm an indigo.

DISCLAIMER: When I state that I'm an indigo, I am merely stating my beliefs about myself. I cannot prove or disprove it. I also do not feel that I am "above" anyone else, nor am I the "next step in human evolution." To those who consider themselves that, and who adopt an elitist attitude, that is wrong, annoying, and you won't convince anyone of jack.

Not that that's referring to you. I'm just stating those are my views to those who may decide to let me have it based on those things.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Spiritually I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, but I fit the Indigo Child descriptions I read.

I accept many do not understand things I have seen and experiance, thats ok with me. But it makes conversations difficult.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinHawk
I also do not feel that I am "above" anyone else

I so agree with you on the elitism thing. I am who I am, a flawed person with a different perspective then most.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

You are very brave. Welcome to ATS. Whether or not you are indigo, you have a special mission to be the human being that only you can be. That is a most remarkable and wondrous journey to be on, and by being open to the widest range of human experiences that seek the betterment of humanity and the alleviating of suffering you will find your place of operations, so to speak.

Often we discover our mission in the midst of doing it.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Spiritually I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, but I fit the Indigo Child descriptions I read. I accept many do not understand things I have seen and experiance, thats ok with me. But it makes conversations difficult.

Discussing any spiritual experience or idea is very difficult in a secularising culture. But it is enormously liberating for others who are cowed by the dominant culture whenever you do reveal spiritual experiences and understandings. You become a spiritual Johnny Applesead. Plant the seed, someone will water, God will give the growth.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

Originally posted by MinHawk
I also do not feel that I am "above" anyone else

I so agree with you on the elitism thing. I am who I am, a flawed person with a different perspective then most.

Thanks.
I just had to put that there, because there seem to be a few people on this site who like to assume that just because someone referred to indigos as the "next step in human evolution," that we all feel that way. Personally, I think that is a load of crap. I feel I'm an indigo, but I'm not superior to anyone. I am just me.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am not really that sure with the validity of Inigo children. I am just not convinced quite yet. I have many characteristics of an Indigo child but believe in no such thing

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
i believe indigo children/adults are the net results of Earth's natural progression through the universe. at some point in time, we as a people, are bound to wake up and realize there is more to life than Bob Marley's famed "Rat Race." Life isn't about money or material objects at all. It's about improving oneself by improving what's around them. The definition of improvement is in the eye of the beholder but I happen to believe one theory of mass improvement has to do with compassion for all living things.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Irradiatus

Irradiatus, I do not agree with you that people who refer to themselfs as indigo childeren are suffering from a narcistic personality disorder. Of course there will always be exceptions but refering to yourself as indigo child does not make you a narcist.

That said I want to say that human life and the chemistry of the brain are indeed very interesting subjects and if you have no spiritual interests it is fine to study science and amaze yourself about these things and rule other spiritual things out. However science has proven over the years that it is never finished. Humans (as all other forms of life on earth) evolve and find new theories to things. All things we assume right now can change into ridiculous theories when mankind devolps new ways to research them.

A good scientist is one that takes all possiblities into consideration.

Juliet

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

I'm finding that more and more, science and spirituality work hand-in-hand...

Even looking into history -- the ancient Hindu seers were scientists. In meditation, they realized more about their own world that they could then re-apply to life, and to their meditations. And the Hindus were certainly not the first, nor the last...

The greatest fact I ever learned in science was the notion of energy: It can never be destroyed, it just changes forms. Science factoid that explained more about spirituality than any religion, or dogma.

Even if science explains how the brain works (what a day that'll be!), it still won't "explain away" our spiritual side -- there are so many intricate and individual connections in each brain... no generalized study could explain everything... very much like spirituality.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Ditto. Only thing I've ever had was depression. And certainly if I had any "disorders," they would have figured that out as well, back when I was having the depression dealt with. I'm fully sane.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join