It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Terminology & The Black Sheep of "Conspiracy."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Conspiracy: An agreement between two or more natural persons to break the law at some time in the future or to achieve a lawful aim by unlawful means.

Theory: A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

"We", ATS, Need to drop the "Conspiracy" from our theory's. Most of which are based on hardcore facts.

"Conspiracy" allows for a window for infiltration, and should be avoided to lend credit to discloser.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ah, but a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

I think Alex Jones said that.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Well said...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In one of my many discussions at the local bar, a guy threw down the conspiracy theorist label. The labels strength is it works like Kerry's flip flop, it brands an image without logic or fact to back it up.

When I actually discussed his use of the term he gave me the definision of conspiracy then the definision of the word theory to prove that is what I was doing.

How can we expect people to understand the world, and the use of power to change thought models, when they do not even know that labels exist to change image. The two words together mean far more then the sum of their definisions.

new topics

top topics

join