It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA must go!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It was meant as neither.

A lot of these guys in power have a closet full of skeletons, that's why they serve their masters so well, for fear of the closet door being opened up, plus they make a buttload of money to boot. They've sold their souls to the devil.

ah see i assumed you meant "Americans" to be all inclusive because you didn't specify otherwise - which is probably the source of a lot of conflict in here. you can see how i thought your comment was pretty ludicrous in terms of the average american.

link   
reply to post by Atlantix

Not all (but most where I live) feel this way. It is hard to know what to do to go against this. The mainstream media is brainwashing many of the sheep. Put honestly, many have been brainwashed since they were born. I see many parents putting into their childrens heads that USA is the best country on earth yet these parents have never been anywhere else and never experienced any other country.

If anyone has any ideas of how to change what is going on here please let me know. I see people (barely because mainstream media hardly covers it) protesting yet their voices are not being heard. The only thing I know to do is everyone stop going to work and quit paying taxes and put a hault on the gov't but what you must understand if you don't live in the USA, most people just bury their heads in the sand, go to work and provide for their family.

There are some like me that don't agree with what is going on but they are too scared to do anything about it. I don't mean scared of the gov't but scared of loosing their lifestyle.

link   
This thread is being looked into.

I would advise everyone to chill out

Do not attack another member and if you don't have anything constructive to add then don't post.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You want to see chaos, if the USA pulled everyone in and shut the world out, then you would see chaos.

The parent is always looked upon as the bad guy. The USA is the parent of the world and not by choice as it costs billions every year to be the world police.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well i was sort of going more for the illuminati as the reason why america is so horrible, and you have to admit people are stupid...the majority but there are a few. Education is slowly going to hell, have you heard of the Jena 6 yet...i rest my case, racism is still going on strongly...and the news is lien most at some times.

go ron paul

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A little correction here btw in regards to obesity.

The whole WORLD is getting heavier. To cry "Fat Americans" is ignorance.
Sure, the US is 9th on the list, but there's a HUGE number of countries with more than half their population overweight.

67% of Australians
63% of UK
61% of Canadians
60% of Germans
58% of Finlandians

Also, as for quality of life in the US. I'm going to have to disagree with the earlier poster that claimed that life in the US wasn't so great. For, if it was so terrible, we'd be more apt to rise up and change those in power. But we're complacent, well fed, entertained, and even the worst off of our population has it better than a great many places in the world torn with war, torture, hunger and other dispair.

It's the key to their getting away with so many things. Life is too comfortable here. If we were more discontent, hungry, fearful and so forth, we'd do more than shake our heads and fingers in our lengthy diatribes in blogs and forums.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Can't we have a anti Israel thread instead? That should be interesting!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The anti Israel thread is here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Surely there must be others here who look upon this thread with total dismay ? Has it helped establish truth or reveal any special insight ? Na. It's just pandering to the worst national stereotyping. I thought we were better than that ?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

If I came off as talking about all Americans, I'm sorry, I certainly didn't mean to.

I hope it was nothing I said that's causing this thread to be looked into. I was just ranting about the people at the top.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
nah, i wasn't singling you out. a lot of people are saying "americans" when they just mean the government.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
The anti Israel thread is here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol unbelievable.....Thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Don't hate America, hate the Bush Administration. They rigged the last two elections so what you see manifested in foreign policy IS NOT the manifestation of what a majority of Americans want by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is impossible to rid the world of hate.

When we watch tv, or surf the net, we see how results of hate. It is monstrous, gruesome, and down right nauseating. It makes your blood boil. When you see or read what happens, things that are turning out to be far beyond your imagination......when you understand that it is real. It makes you furious. It makes you want to find the root of it and destroy it. Americans, like many others, are fighters. We fight for what we believe in. We all come to our own opinion as to what is causing it, and we go after it with all we have. That is what I love about America. We are full of passionate people who are willing to fight how ever hard we need to in order to protect others.

There is no person who could affectivly rid the world of hate. People are always going to hate other people. No matter if it is hating fat people, skinny people, rich people, poor people, jews, muslems, christians, whatever. Blaming that on the United States President and govt. is not going to acomplish anything. We could replace them all, and we would still be left with the same problems!!!!

SO, someone please tell me another way to deal with all the worlds problems. Be sure to think of all the effects of your decision prior to posting. How is it that we can make everything all better??

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

Slow down, please. All the aggressive talk, whether from an American bully, or an overly-emotional person from another nation does not truly help this dialogue. As someone already posted here, the current administration here in the ol' U S of A has a 30% approval rating. How are they in office - the same way corrupt leaders are in office all over the world! This site provides many theories on that subject.

As an American, and a prior-Marine, I consider myself Patriotic, in the same spirit as Paul Revere and Thomas Jefferson. Idealistic? Perhaps. But without hope, what do any of us have.

My father was in the Army during the end of the "Cold War". We were stationed in Belgium, and every morning I looked east to see if the Warsaw Pact was waging open war yet ( I was a kid, gimme a break!). In those days, America was instrumental in helping NATO hold off the aggressive politics of the Soviets.

Now America is the aggressor, and it disgusts me, just as it disgusts you.

It is not fair to the majority of us freedom-loving Americans to assume we're all globalist, aggressive, close minded idiots like our Prez would lead you to believe. I truly believe in a lot of the NWO theories, and from my point of view, America is not the only nation involved in that web of deceit.

I believe all people of the earth are created free and equal, but let me encourage those of you who are disturbed at this nation's leaders ( as I am) to give constructive criticism. There are many of us here looking for solutions, and it's not real cool to hear such negativity from people who have not truly experienced this "land of opportunity."

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I just have to respond, because I've seen to many of my friends across the pond keep saying how messed up America has made the ME. True, we have been the latest instalation in that royal clusterf&#k. However, a little history would do you well. It was the UK that chopped up the ME almost 100 years ago with no regard to cultural differences within the region. I believe America is really just the strong arm for the NWO, and the UK is part of it, too.

I do applaud Britain for their exit strategy, however. I wish we would do the same. "Our job is done here" and leave. Whether or not anything was actually accomplished ( other than killing people and breaking things ).

There's an old saying that goes along the lines of "When you point your finger at something, you got 4 more fingers pointing back at you."

Cheesy, I know, but I feel it applies here.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Iranians can do what ever they want really... Having a military is to protect your own country. Seriously you can't stop them. No one can stop them like no one can stop the USA or China, other countries just have to defend themselves through diplomacy or war.
I really don't like the Islamic doctrine and espicially their Jihad which is illogical. But a country protecting itself is normal, what can you do just sitting here saying that they can't have it? USA is a bully with a rail gun on a playground, and a smaller kid can have a handgun. The smaller kid can catch the bully off guard.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I completely agree with your thoughts, views and opinions. Please indulge me more. Would subscribe to your newsletter.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Iran with nukes is like giving a 3 year old a loaded gun.

Why?

Tell me how many armed conflicts Iran has been directly involved in during the past 40 years?

No - wait...I'll answer it myself. One. Against Saddam Hussein, who the US was ass-kissing and supporting at the time because the revolution in Iran had deposed the US favoured Shah and temporarily loosened the US foothold in the region.

Oddly - in case you missed it - the US just took out Saddam Hussein.

And by the way, despite fact that people keep repeating that "Iran threatened to wipe Israel off the map", its not true. Read a proper translation of what was said, in proper context, instead of reciting soundbytes - what Iran was saying was that they'd like to see regime change in Israel.

And you guys are all for regime changes, right?

[edit on 19/0907/07 by neformore]

[edit on 19/0907/07 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

I know, it's quite silly.

The over enthusiastic patriotism is rather disturbing. One bad thing is said about a country and people turn to some automatic defense mode.

I can see how easily it would be for people to readily go into combat without evening realising (or even thinking about) what they were fighting for.

Some replies (and probably the very nature of this thread) have come across as being very immature and seem to serve the purpose of taunting more than anything else.

We have the potential to make so much more progress as the human race if we just drop this petty crap. "I've seen what we can be... And what we're not." -not sure who

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join