It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat is Rubbish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There,
I've said it
the chat experiment hasn't worked out.
Put it out of its misery pls
pls
pls
I'm beggin ya
LMAO

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Blasphemy!!!

What's the matter with it anyways? Not enough scintillating convo happening?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Chat ROCKS!!! I get more goss in there than anywhere else.

You just aren't showing up at the right time I guess.

(Or maybe you've made everyone so mad they're all ignoring you)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Not any convo happening

Every time I go in there, there's maybe 5 people max

and hardly anybody is typing - methinks they just opened the window and forgot about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Well, Major,
you could try typing less like cap'n sparrow talks

when i go in there's never anybody there.

But I am in the UK, so am not up at late US time

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I type like who, now?
Only on Wednesday, matey. it's Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Yeah, timing is the problem. Saturday last, there were about 20 people in there about 7 pm PST.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
There,
I've said it
the chat experiment hasn't worked out.
Put it out of its misery pls
pls
pls
I'm beggin ya
LMAO

I'm sorry that "Chat" hasn't worked out for you but that isn't any reason to start calling for Chat to have it's plug pulled.

The Chat on ATS has been a lot of fun. I've met quite a few people and made a number of friends through Chat. Sure, there are times when it does get rather quiet. This probably is due to the many different time zones that are covered and, therefore, there are peak times. For the most part, however, one doesn't have to wait long for someone to drop in. Try logging into chat at different times throughout your day. It might help.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It took me a fair while to try out chat (over 12 months actually, im a scaredy cat). And to be honest i prefer it when theres only 5 or so in there, its easier to follow the convo, or maybe im just slow.

I pop in there every day now even if its just for a few minutes to say g'day.
Ive met some other members i call my friends in there who i may not have crossed paths with otherwise.
I think its great, and it'll be better once i get my head around all the shorthand stuff, that messes with my head sometimes.

Btw i just went to see who was in there 5 minutes ago. One.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was there. And minnie.

You *sniffle* don't.... *sniffle sniffle* love us!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You're rubbish!

There are people that are on. They just don't want to talk to you.

THERE I SAID IT!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Go there right now.................

I can't even keep up with the messages running by, and it's moving too fast for me to even make a meaningful contribution.

Edn

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If the chat was IRC i might actually join but since it isnt and well, the fact that it apparently uses some sort of flash that i don't have so cant use anyway, well you get the idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i'd like to chat and say what's up every once in a while but I'm not able to log in for some reason

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Your flash probably needs updating then TP. I've had two occasions I couldn't get in, and after upgrading flash, it worked fine.

If that doesn't work, send a message via complaints/suggestions.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Their no need to call for chat to be pulled or change to irc I'm from the uk aswell and have had no problem talking to other members from UK/US or else place as a matter. It's all down to times somone is always around in chat if not watching people floating in or out.

If it wasn't for chat I would have never meet such a great bunch of people with some clever and crazy ideas to talk about or just have a plain good ole chit chat lol. It's also a place to get to know the people who respond to your topics on ATS on all of it's levels it has to offer.

If your chat is not working their is a upgrade your flash at the bottom of the window and make sure you log the right name and password you where given to get in.

it's a shame more people don't use it really

Peace SE7en

[edit on 02/014/200 by SE7EN]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm with all my chat room friends on this one!
I've met some great people in there, but every once in a while I have a day or two when I can't make it into chat in the evening, OMG...I get to missing my wonderful chat room friends something awful
If chat ever dies, I'll be very sad.

See you in chat

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Everyone stop reading this thread right now..........

Go log-on to "Chat" and the place will be full of members in no time.

But if all else fails:

Tell a friend about ATS. When they make the required number of posts you can chat with someone you know.

You can also keep the chat window minimized while you surf ATS, then when you hear someone come into the room, go chat. Others will join........

I don't go there very often, but I think it's an important part of ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have never been in, probably because deep down I think no-one would want to talk to me, (how sad and pathetic does that make me sound:shk: ).

Even so, doesn't mean that I think it should be pulled, especially if other members enjoy going there.

Bud, simply don't go in mate, anyway, you do enough gassing on the boards. LOL.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Are you serious?! Chat works fine, and should not be "put out of its misery".

I have made some good friends on ats thanks to chat, and most likely would have not even seen them or spoke to them if it wasnt for it.

Yeah, at some times of the day no one is in chat, but ive rarely seen a night where at least 10 people are not on at the same time. Usally around 9pm est. and at that time also people from the UK are in chat.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I beg to differ.

After reading your scathing analysis of ATS chat last night I decided to finally try it out for myself.

Grabted that you have to deal with the issue of timezones and peoples personal schedules, I found some willing chatees, and struck up some nice conversation.

Getting rid of chat seems completely inane. When the rooms are full, i am sure that chat is crazy, but to diss the whole concept as a whole is misguided.

I'll definitely be on in the future...as my schedule permits

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join