It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China 'spying on US'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Russia and China 'spying on US'

news.bbc.co.uk

Russia and China are spying on US facilities at close to Cold War levels, the head of US intelligence has warned.

Both were aggressively collecting information on the US, head of National Intelligence Michael McConnell warned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's interesting how he is quoted at saying:

"China and Russia's foreign intelligence services are among the most aggressive in collecting against sensitive and protected US systems... Their efforts are approaching Cold War levels."

With all the activity from the new missions of Russian bombers, the test of their new "vacuum bomb", as well as the war games Russia, China and other Asian countries participated in, things are really starting to get interesting out there.

-Droops

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It takes a spy to know one thats all im going to say

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
whatever the case is they want to know something and probably getting everything the looked for,few weeks ago the cia or pentacon got hacked... noe this.. and yes...all of this is being done for a reason.

i just wish the event's would get under way so we can stop being so...simi-noid.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I agree. But it is also possible that they are being "allowed" certain information. I mean, look at the invasion of Europe. They was so much "information" being leaked to the German's that this could really just be a ploy by the US government to see what happens. I wouldn't put it pass them.

There is also the possibility that they didn't let it happen, which is just as strong a case as any, and that they found out some stuff they shouldn't have discovered. Things are getting tense.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
China has been building up to this for years.. for economic war and military. they are testing new stuff all the time trying to find holes in our national defense. some of the recent in the news was the Chinese military making hack attempts with varying degrees of success on the us, British secret service, and Germany that we know about. there was also an broad band interference pattern broad cast just outside San Diego. the transmission was on a very high wavelength aimed at us military frequencies. the true source was undetermined. many based on location suspect china. the pulse was detected by several navy ships. fortunately nowadays the fleet uses more fiber optics and esd safe computers since we ourselves keep emp weapons in our arsenal. the Chinese have been using nuclear subs with ballistic nukes pointed at us for years they have in excess of 500 nukes when i was in, and a hefty air force. most of their stuff is reverse engineered Russian and German equip. oh.. and they just made that hefty oil deal with Iran. if we ruin that china will want to protect their interests just like we are now...its to easy to see the quagmire.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
mayb this explains y we going down telepathic route. u cant hack someones head like u can a computer lol

r spy friends have a real challenge on their hands

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Holy cow, I didn't hear about that. Do you have a link or something to that story? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was them. That is interesting about the ballistic missile subs. I wonder how deep into Iran they are?

-Droops

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Holy cow, I didn't hear about that. Do you have a link or something to that story? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was them. That is interesting about the ballistic missile subs. I wonder how deep into Iran they are?-Droops

" this article was way long so i cut for esential sections.

OR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
US Sinks North Korean Ship Bound for Iran
"How close were we to seeing an armed nuclear conflict?"
July 23, 2007
by PJ Paulson, ACG-CIS

with additional reporting from The Lekarev Report; DebkaFile
(Vancouver, BC) -- "How close were we to seeing an armed nuclear conflict?" That is the question being asked as Syrian nationals temporarily vacated Beirut, Lebanon and the Jordan Valley during mid July according to sources close to ACG-CIS. Many security and intelligence officials believe that this behavior may have been related to the US sinking of a North Korean ship approximately 100 nautical miles from the coast of Iran.

In reports first published by DEBKAfile, American naval and air forces intercepted two North Korean vessels clandestinely en route for Iran with cargoes of enriched uranium and nuclear equipment in the past month. The shutdown of Pongyong's nuclear facilities has made these items surplus to North Korea's requirements and the Islamic Republic was more than willing to pay a hefty price for the goods.

On July 12, the second intercepted North Korean freighter was sunk in the Arabian Sea by torpedoes fired from a US submarine 100 miles southeast of the Iranian naval base-port of Chah Bahar. Delivery of its freight of enriched weapons-grade uranium and equipment and engines for manufacturing more fissile material including plutonium in its hold could have jump-forwarded Iran's nuclear bomb and warhead project, lopping off at least a year of work. For this Iran's rulers were ready to reportedly pay out a cool $500 million.
"
this is for those wondering about the nk nuke deal with syria being real..
this is good stuff still trying to find the emp portion.. ill search som more

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The chinese do not have nuclear powered subs. They have russian diesel powered subs, and will be producing diesel powered subs into 2025.

As for 500 nukes, there is no confirmation source that validates your claim.

The US is not innocent in this hole thing either. Infact, the US has not stopped its 'level' of cold war spying, ever. Everyone is doing it. Why people make such a big deal about Russian and China doing it, is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think everyone is missing the real reason behind this article...

Spying on the United States by Russia and China has rebounded almost to Cold War levels, the top U.S. spy chief told Congress on Tuesday in seeking a permanent expansion of U.S. eavesdropping authority.

(emphasis added)

I really don't think spying is any worse than it has been.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
The chinese do not have nuclear powered subs. They have russian diesel powered subs, and will be producing diesel powered subs into 2025.

As for 500 nukes, there is no confirmation source that validates your claim.

The US is not innocent in this hole thing either. Infact, the US has not stopped its 'level' of cold war spying, ever. Everyone is doing it. Why people make such a big deal about Russian and China doing it, is beyond me.

how about the Han- made 5, the Xia is their ballistic platform.. and so on look em up.

www.nrdc.org/nuclear/nudb/datab19.asp gives the civilian estimates..

they do love diesels ill give you.. like the German made type 209. and have had a successful aip proto-type for years now

[edit on 18-9-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I always wondered why the Army wanted to train me in the Russian language. With a last name of Yastremski and all.....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ya think. They are trying to spy on us madly. We got stuff. Bad stuff. That they weren't able to hack or steal out of Los Alamos and they know it. And they don't know whether to raise or out the next hand. Do I have any evidence of this no. But I do know human nature. Heavy stuff going on. China got some nasty ballistics info off us in LA. Probably swingset stuff to what we have now. IMHO. And what the heck do I know.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Oh wow. Imagine that. Countries spying on each other.

Non story. Sensationalism at its very best.

Every country spies on every other.

Imagine the country that is home to the NSA and CIA and is responsible for the Echelon system complaining about spying.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Every country spies on every other.

Imagine the country that is home to the NSA and CIA and is responsible for the Echelon system complaining about spying.

The first part i will go with you... but spying we learned from the British in ww2. our boys who learned it came back and became the origin of the cia. i don't know where the British learned it..?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I suppose the headline USA and UK Spying on China & Russia

Would just not get so many responses would it.

Everyone spies on each other, whether it be military or just you or I peeking through the curtains to see what new car the Jones's have just had and then working out how we can counter their audacity to have a newer motor.

As the saying goes "keep your friends close by but keep your enemies even closer"

It is always good to know what the opposition are doing or have.

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well this demand a response, how dare they to spy on us, I say lets attack Iran then keep on going up north take Russia and then jump to China.

What a wet dream for the war happy people.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Amen! Haha. How dare they spy on us! We have done nothing to them at all! I say tactical nuclear strikes should settle things pretty well.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
DrOOpieS right on, right on

And we don't even have to dirty our hands or have any of our men and women in uniform in danger just nuke the entire region.
Then can you imagine the money to be made just doing the reconstruction of a new China, Russia and Iran? I think I even got an Idea for a business.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join