It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange going on in Hereford (UK) - S.A.S HQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hi all,

I wanted to report something a little odd thats been going on all day. I live in Hereford in the UK, about a mile and a half from the S.A.S. camp. Normally the base is very quiet with no major activity; the odd cars coming and going as you'd expect.

All day (and night) today however there have been constant convoys of upwards of 10 Land Rovers / Covered Lorry's going in and out of the base along with 6 Chinook helicopters flying a loose formation regularly across town.

I have lived in Hereford all my life and I can say I have NEVER seen anything like this from the S.A.S camp.

Wonder what's up??

[edit on 18-9-2007 by FirstContact85]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. Maybe they are off to do some behind the lines work in the middle east 'somewhere'. Although they have probably been doing that already, so it's odd that you have seen a massive increase. Did you notice any difference during the build up to the last iraq war, or any other missions?

Maybe you should add (SAS HQ) to your topic title, I'm guessing only some of us brits know why hereford is significant.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your response, if I remember rightly there was some increase just before the Iraq war, but not on this scale. As I was saying I have never seen such a large amount of activity in such a short period from the camp.

Since I originally posted this message more trucks have driven past my house (I live on one of the major roads in and out of town).

I'll keep you all posted on whatever (if anything) further happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
you got a video recorder? if so.. start to document this stuff... just to have,i'd keep my eye's open if i were you... i live on the west coast,and we have had a few things going on as well late night... a few night's in a row we have had heavy jet traffic.. not the 747 type either.. they make these sounds like brief after burnners cut on then off... it's real fast... then a huge helicopter,didnt see it just heard it... but yea,seems odd.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Another update - 2 more choppers overhead.

I know what you mean about them not sounding like a commercial aircraft. I'm sure you've seen/heard Chinooks, they have a very heavy sound, much deeper than that of a traditional helicopter design.

I do have a video camera - I'll charge the battery tomrrow (its 11:54pm here). Hopefully things will continue tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry if I seem like I am spamming; another two choppers - definately going in the direction of the SAS camp. My Camera is setup for the next set of choppers.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
keep us posted,you have a youtube account?.. upload videos there or where ever so we can check them out.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Sorry, I meant Digital Camera

I got a couple of pics but they are slow shutter so are just a few dots of light

I'll take my camera to work tomorrow - I get a good view of all of hereford from my office so if there are any more I should get some decent pictures!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
hi guys.

there is an exercise on in Wales at the moment involving Navy , RAF plus Marines and Spec Forces, it is on for 6 days , i believe it started on Monday.

i will try to get some more info for you.

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yep, you're right snoopy.

Exercise SKYLANCE
17 - 28 September

LFAs 4, 7, 11. 12. 13. 14. 16. 17

The aim of Exercise SKYLANCE is to provide joint collective training in a multi-threat environment for UK units and invited NATO and Allied units and their staffs. In the region of 80 aircraft from 6 nations will operate from various bases in England and Scotland. The majority of the aerial activity will take place over Northern Enlgand, the Borders and most of Scotland, off the north, west and east coast of Scotland and limited areas of Wales and Southern England. There will also be considerable activity at Spadeadam, Cape Wrath, Loch Ewe and RAF Fairford.

The exercise will involve many different types of aircraft including Harrier, Typhoon, Tornado, Etendard, Rafale and Mirage. E-3s, Nimrods, VC-10s and Tristars will be operating at upper levels.

www.mod.uk...

zero lift

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good stuff, glad its nothing serious

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
you got a video recorder? if so.. start to document this stuff... just to have,i'd keep my eye's open if i were you... i live on the west coast,and we have had a few things going on as well late night... a few night's in a row we have had heavy jet traffic.. not the 747 type either.. they make these sounds like brief after burnners cut on then off... it's real fast... then a huge helicopter,didnt see it just heard it... but yea,seems odd.

Now I for one wouldn't go sticking a recorder into the SAS noses it might end up stick up your ass!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstContact85

My father was in the regiment for many years and came and went for up to 9 months at a time. Borneo, Oman, Aden, States etc.

What i know is this. Movements will often be at night or dusk. Indeed, i see choppers regularly going into the SAS base at Credenhill so it is a little odd that you have not noticed before. All usually at dusk or later and they will traverse away from the camp in an arc and then in.

There are many reasons for movements. They are not just serving in Iraq or Afganistan. They train all over the world with other special forces (Navy Seals) and are constantly covert. Who knows some are probably in columbia or Africa and they are most certainly still in Ireland.

Hope this helps Jicks

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This thread seems like an attention seeking fake- IIRC the SAS are not at Hereford anymore and haven't been for some years now.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well i for one wouldn't wanna be caught taking pictures of the SAS...

They're the toughest men in the world and wouldn't want them confiscating my camera.

Be careful... Besides it could compromise national security etc

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstContact85

I haven't been keeping up on the likelihood of attacking Iran recently.

Israel may feel they need to do it sooner than later i they have to more or les go it alone with OThuga being such an opposition to their existence.

I would sure prefer that they hold off on 'festivities' as long as possible.

Sigh.

Will end up in wholesale WWIII I think, WHEN it blows . . . not IF . . . WHEN.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
This thread seems like an attention seeking fake- IIRC the SAS are not at Hereford anymore and haven't been for some years now.

Didn't they just move from to another base only a couple of miles away from the previous one?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I thought it was more like 100 odd miles away, near to Brize Norton?

new topics

top topics

join