It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies on mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsthatthingy

download the panorama from the link on my last post, stick it into photoshop or some other paint program and zoom in they are there alright. The snapshots that i posted are all from the nasa original with no processing of any kind being applied to them.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

I notice there's anomalies in that the edges of sections of the image that don't line up evenly.

Perhaps, like the other pano image, this was compiled from thousands of images captured over many days or "sols."

And the brown blocks are just gaps in the data?

Rather than leave them black, they colored them a complimentary hue to better blend into the final image composite.

What I want to know is: what's that black thing on the rover that looks like a joystick?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Thats a colour chart that they use to get a good approximation when calibrating the rovers cameras it also gives them a way of judging the direction of the sun.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Looks like i posted a link to the wrong panorama folks.

Use this image

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I see plenty of crisp stuff in your picture, and plenty of not so crisp stuff in your picture. Nothing airbrushed, mind you. You see, rocks and stuff have more defined edges, while soft sand ripples from a distance will not, thus appearing "fuzzier" compared to some foreground and background objects.

If you put a pile of cotton in the middle of a bunch of legos, it would not appear as sharp as it's surroundings. I admit it is much more exciting to imagine there is some secret cabal of NASA people keeping the truth from you, but believe me, if they were you would never know it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'll start by saying that personally I believe life currently exists on Mars.
But the thing with the first photos is that we have no referance of altitude, which means we don't know if we're looking from 10ft above or 10 miles. The resolution also isn't the clearest, which is sort of like looking at clouds, you can see a lot if you look hard enough.
As for those covered up areas in the others, that is what they are. Cover ups. NASA doing what NASA does best. Although the lack of detailed airbrushing suggests they want people who look to find it.
Please don't let my opinion stop your inquisitive nature though. That is what makes you the type of person that DOES eventually discover something undisputable. Hey, that MAY be the remains of a spine of some weird creature. The truth is no one knows.
Seek and you will find...

[edit on 24/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Hi NuclearPaul,
The are taken from the mars rover 'spirit' so it should only be a few feet off the ground, i would also estimate that they are approx 10 - 20 feet from the rover - maybe further. The 'orb' pic that i posted is almost right under the rovers nose 'so to speak' but its quite small.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hi scepticsRus

Didn't imply you modified the picture, actually I was talking about the "lake" pic by someone else. Thanks for posting the new link, I see the cream colored squares on the new link you posted. Interesting. Question is why?

Came across an interesting interview yesterday.

Interview with geologist Elaine Bickle

Some ways down the page after the Moon. Based on her "theory", wouldn't be surprising to find artifacts at all...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Fascinating link whatsthatthingy, thanks for that.

Lots of info to digest, and savor.

So the images we're viewing here may simply be filtered Arizona desert?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsthatthingy

Hi scepticsRus

Didn't imply you modified the picture, actually I was talking about the "lake" pic by someone else. Thanks for posting the new link, I see the cream colored squares on the new link you posted. Interesting. Question is why?

Came across an interesting interview yesterday.

Interview with geologist Elaine Bickle

Some ways down the page after the Moon. Based on her "theory", wouldn't be surprising to find artifacts at all...

hmmzz, this is a very interesting article. I guess she is on 80% correct?!Some "facts" seems to be "proven" otherwise. But I guess she cant know everything too. And therefore she is not primerely false on everyhting?

Well, better someone with a far better expertise then me has to comment on it.

In either case, there is enough out there we dont know. Or actually do know, but cant be "proven" on a scientifically base...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

I'm trying to find an article that I've seen a while back about the "true colors" of Mars. There was something odd from a picture that showed the rover and a sky/terrain shot on Mars, and another picture of one of the rovers in the assembly plant. Cable color was bright yellow in the assembly plant, yet on the "near true color" image from Mars, the rover cable appeared dark orange. And when you adjusted the "near true color" from the NASA pic to auto level in Photoshop, sky was blue, with thin streaks of clouds, and cable was bright yellow, as built and photographed from the earth lab prior to "take-off" to the red planet.

My memory ain't what it used to be, Will post it when I find it, or some pictures from JPL, unless someone remembers and posts before me

Edit: typos

[edit on 24-9-2007 by whatsthatthingy]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsthatthingy
I'm trying to find an article that I've seen a while back about the "true colors" of Mars. There was something odd from a picture that showed the rover and a sky/terrain shot on Mars, and another picture of one of the rovers in the assembly plant. Cable color was bright yellow in the assembly plant, yet on the "near true color" image from Mars, the rover cable appeared dark orange. And when you adjusted the "near true color" from the NASA pic to auto level in Photoshop, sky was blue, with thin streaks of clouds, and cable was bright yellow, as built and photographed from the earth lab prior to "take-off" to the red planet.

My memory ain't what it used to be, Will post it when I find it, or some pictures from JPL, unless someone remembers and posts before me

Have you found the pictures of the rover showing the cable color on Earth and Mars for comparison?
I would be very interested to see the difference.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Have you found the pictures of the rover showing the cable color on Earth and Mars for comparison?
I would be very interested to see the difference.

No, no luck yet. Seen a whole slew of Mars pics today though. Cool, even if they prove to be fakes down the road. I keep looking for it as time allows

Cool signature, by the way "Calling a illegal alien an undocumented worker is like calling a drug dealer an undocumented pharmacist!.

Totally agree. I guess you guys South of the border got a bigger problem than we do here up North... Cold and snow seem to have their use after all (besides mosquitoes and black flies) Not to be off topic or anything

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join