It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies on mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The above picture is FAKE. I know it. I accept that there could be a John Lear BLVD on Mars, but the Earth would not be that big in the background. And of course, the shadows are all wrong.

There, I debunked something.

LOL ... the shadows are all wrong? Isn't that a real picture from the moon? Just the surface color enhanced to look the way they the pictures of mars come back as?

So are you now also proving that the moon images are fake? Welcome to the moon conspiracy side
You have just proven a point for Mr. Lear, I am sure he appreciates it

Hehehe

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

[you guys are the reason no real person takes this seriously, and laughs a little every time it is brought up.
[edit on 20-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

Now, I sure as hell don't want to start calling you names for being rational like seems to be the norm around here but I've got to ask. What exactly do you mean by saying that???? Are you implying that people who don't subscribe to the notions of ufology are in some way more real than those who do???? I honestly am dissapointed at your choice of word here, "no real person".........explain yourself please.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Well it's only my opinion, I think there was civilization on Mars. I can't say that any pictures I have seen even hint at an ancient race, I do agree though there are some strange / unknown objects but thats about it. (IMHO)

That gave me laughs.

Speaking on this thread, I don't think they could be anything else. They just all look like rocks and dust to me. But again, they could be anything.

You never know.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
Hi Everyone, this is my second posting on ATS so please be gentle

If these pictures have been discussed before them please excuse the duplication.

I found a few "odd" features on john lears moon pictures and thought i would start to have a look at mars pictures hoping that the higher resolution images would make identificaiton a lot easier. Anyway, to cut a long story short i found a few pics that i personally think look out of place.

these were found at photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks matallic i think !

Just an odd grouping of "stone" looks more like bone !

parallel lines on a stone ! doesnt look natural to me.

possible text !! either a 9, 6 or g ..... just looks odd

Please give me your comments, im quite new to this but really want to learn more.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scepticsRus]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scepticsRus]

Hi scepticsRus.

Interesting pictures. Unfortunately I don’t see anything unusual in these pictures- just Martian rocks and soil. The pictures have a fairly low resolution, so one could imagine seeing all sorts of things. I’ve yet to see any convincing picture that there’s was or is an advanced civilization on Mars. Pity really…

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Originally posted by Sauron
Well it's only my opinion, I think there was civilization on Mars. I can't say that any pictures I have seen even hint at an ancient race, I do agree though there are some strange / unknown objects but thats about it. (IMHO)

That gave me laughs.

Speaking on this thread, I don't think they could be anything else. They just all look like rocks and dust to me. But again, they could be anything.

You never know.

Oh. There's one...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Looking at the same mars panorama i found this.

hands up all those that think its a rock !

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by timelike

Hi timelike, the images are about as good as i could get them, you can see them on the original image that i posted. Since the original is 23Mb i couldnt indicate there location.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by timelike

Hi timelike, the images are about as good as i could get them, you can see them on the original image that i posted. Since the original is 23Mb i couldnt indicate there location.

Cheers scepticsRus!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

[edit on 19-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

Man ITF, what a childish response! Your attitude and manner is appalling. You should be ashamed of the way in which you refute those photos.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Looking at the same mars panorama i found this.

hands up all those that think its a rock !

I have the 300MB TIFF file so if you tell me approximately where its located I will attempt to get a larger and sharper image.
Is it located upper right/left, lower right/left, center, close to a large rock????

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Edit. Repeated topic.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Was just hunting on the same pic, PIA01907.jpg -- and noticed this...

Just me... or does that look like water? I know in recent times even NASA is admitting that there is water on Mars, and there are quite a few similar pics from different sources that are around aswell. Not sure if it's been looked at before, it's not hard to find -- so I'm betting it has.

Heres another pic zoomed in, colour added for effect.

< br />

Navieko.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Hi 4thDoctorWhoFan

I've posted a link the part of the image which has the "object" in it which you should be able to match the the tif. I've also marked where the object is.

View In Context

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

so your telling me that the first picture (in the center) you dont see something odd !! it could be a rock but have you ever seen a rock that looked like that !

That one's tricky. If you're referring to what I think you are, it looks like a V. But if you look closely, I think you'll see that the "arms" extending out of it are actually features in the background, further away from the central rock. The trouble with all these anomaly mars photos is the resolution is always just low enough to to confuse matters. I do think there are anomalies on Mars by the way, but I'm not feeling it with these photos either, sorry.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Damn, what does someone have to do to stop IgnoreTheFacts from posting rubbish and clogging up a thread.

How about posting some real evidence rather than pictures of geography?
That might help

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I tend to agree with your opinion on the matter. Our imagination can cause us to see things that resemble faces and all sorts of other things in natural formations.

Here's a classic example:

From this site, which has many formations that appear to be other things.

Our imaginations are powerful indeed.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Just me... or does that look like water? I know in recent times even NASA is admitting that there is water on Mars, and there are quite a few similar pics from different sources that are around aswell. Not sure if it's been looked at before, it's not hard to find -- so I'm betting it has.

It's not liquid water. It is nothing more than wind ripples in fine sand, the same thing you can see here on earth wherever there is wind-blown small particulate gathered in a common area. As you know, liquid water can't exist for very long on the surface of Mars due to atmospheric conditions, much less pool up in a small depression.

Heres another pic zoomed in, color added for effect.

You clearly want to see something that is not there.

Originally posted by Ingolstadt

Our imagination can cause us to see things that resemble faces and all sorts of other things in natural formations.

A great example you posted. Some times the human brain's pattern recognition software is a little overriding of some people's common sense, logic and reason. This causes them to see and believe all manner of things that aren't there.

Although, looking through those pictures, most of us would without a doubt chuckle about the likeness of some of those formations, while others, probably the same that see anomalies within mars pictures, see nefarious items and evidence of whatever they are trying to believe in (and have us believe in too I might add)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Someone knows where I can find the original photo or photos of mars where these anomalies where found?
(I have got them fromm a youtube presentation)

thanks in advance!

These should be faces or skulls?!?!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Hi 4thDoctorWhoFan

I've posted a link the part of the image which has the "object" in it which you should be able to match the the tif. I've also marked where the object is.

Here is what I got from the pix:

Wish I would have had better results.

It is a strange rock if that is a rock.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Just me... or does that look like water?

It looks like water to me but I guess it could be ripples in the sand.

However, rippling sand would not have been my first guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join