It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies on mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi Everyone, this is my second posting on ATS so please be gentle

If these pictures have been discussed before them please excuse the duplication.

I found a few "odd" features on john lears moon pictures and thought i would start to have a look at mars pictures hoping that the higher resolution images would make identificaiton a lot easier. Anyway, to cut a long story short i found a few pics that i personally think look out of place.

these were found at photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks matallic i think !

Just an odd grouping of "stone" looks more like bone !

parallel lines on a stone ! doesnt look natural to me.

possible text !! either a 9, 6 or g ..... just looks odd

Please give me your comments, im quite new to this but really want to learn more.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scepticsRus]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scepticsRus]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OP asked me to come in here and explain take a look at his incontrovertible evidence of...well something, I really have no idea. I am humbled that he asks my opinion on these, perhaps he thinks they are SO conclusive, that even myself would fall to my knees and praise our new found Martian overlords. So here I go:

Picture 1) I see rocks....and dirt. However I can outline a radio, a steer's head, and a full fledge robot if I used my imagination. Much like laying in the grass and seeing shapes in the clouds. But in the end they are just clouds, as this appears to be nothing more than rocks and dirt.

Picture 2) I see rocks......and dirt.

Picture 3) I see rocks.......and dirt. Without a wider shot, it is difficult to put this errant rock with stratification into perspective. It does look out of place, suggesting it could be located near a crater, being dug out and ejected during impact. We have seen photos of this on Mars so far, so it's a more likley answer than assuming it's some sort of dead life form, alien technology, or man made trash.

Picture 4) I see rocks....and dirt. Hard to say without a wide shot what that rock could be, however you can go into every creek bed on planet earth and find rocks with anything you want to imagine on them. Fun, but pointless.

Look, I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I don't think you have anything here. Not that there is nothing to have, mind you. I believe there is much to learn from Martian rocks, but on a much smaller scale. It is more than possible that Mars was able to support life for a brief time in it's history, leading to what I can believe are small fossils (Zorgon posted an excellent example of this recently).

[edit on 19-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

so your telling me that the first picture (in the center) you dont see something odd !! it could be a rock but have you ever seen a rock that looked like that !

and as for not being able to comment on the context of scale, i posted the original url to the full panorama! just so you know, i used the full 300Mb tif hi-res image, so if you download that or even the jpg you should be able to find them all

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
You're asking IgnoretheFacts his opinion on anything abnormal? No offense to him, but I've not heard him accept one shred of evidence to the existence of anything that's not in a science book as of yet! You already knew he was gunna reject your assertions haha. I'm sure he's a good guy, though.
As for your photos... I'd say really only the first one looks supremely odd. Reminds me of Starcraft for some reason. I'd be interested to see a good closeup shot of that sans the blurriness, but NASA will self destruct before that happens, GUARANTEED!

But I'm no expert. Everything is a fake to the experts on here. They sure know how to kill all hope of this futile existence we're meant to accept.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Hi indierockalien thanks for your post. ITF can think what he wants to think, i know that he will rubbish everything thats presented to him that, as you say, "isnt in a science book".

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
You're asking IgnoretheFacts his opinion on anything abnormal? No offense to him, but I've not heard him accept one shred of evidence to the existence of anything that's not in a science book as of yet! You already knew he was gunna reject your assertions haha. I'm sure he's a good guy, though.

Thank you, I am a good guy. As for me not accepting anything abnormal, far from it. I am a believer, believe it or not, lol. I just have a problem with 99.99999% of the total crap I see people falling for.

As for me not going out on a limb, ever, I will say I do believe there are Martian fossils. While, as I've said, I doubt there was ever advanced life on mars, I accept that there may have been primitive life, that can be seen in a lot of the new surface close up photos. See, I am not all close minded, lol.

Everything is a fake to the experts on here. They sure know how to kill all hope of this futile existence we're meant to accept.

If you know my posts, you know I hardly ever scream "fake". It is too time consuming and sometimes impossible to prove something is fake now days. I have plenty of suspicions, and do express them from time to time, though. However, often you can debunk a video by looking at the events surrounding it, what the video is showing, who took it, and the manner in which it is presented. No need to prove something is fake if common sense, reason and logic tell you that the circumstances don't make sense.

I'm sorry you think I am some big, evil debunker (I have yet to debunbnk anything on this site to my knowledge), but I assure you, I want to believe more than anyone else around here, but I am not a fool, and not an ignorant fool. I know science, I know engineering, I work in the military industrial complex, I know how things work. Add in a decent amount of common sense, reason, logic, and intuition and you have my current position on 99.999% of all the nonsense posted here.

Maybe what a lot of you people need to know, is that by wanting to believe in something so bad you accept pictures of blurry rocks, funny shaped rocks, and some guy name John Lear's soul catcher theory that you are doing a huge amount of harm to the Ufology movement. Maybe you guys are the reason no real person takes this seriously, and laughs a little every time it is brought up.

Now if I may be excused, is is a puffy cloud day, I am going to lay in the grass, take pictures, and come back into this very thread to show you Bill Clinton, bugs Bunny, and a few Star Wars ships or something. Depends how the wind is blowing, lol. j/k

[edit on 20-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Wow, you really are arrogant and condescending
. So you work for the millitary and that makes you a better critic that anyone else great. Im just a lowly software engineer but i wouldnt consider myself a better critic than anyone else.

You say that you do believe that there was once ancient life on mars, but then presented with pictures which do seem to uphold this you say its not common sense.

In your post you point out that "we want to believe it so bad", well i dont (notice my username !) i just have an open mind and wont be lead into anything, i will make my own decisions in my own time. While i agree, it is human nature to try to identify things like faces in clouds / rocks etc ... you will notice that on my post above i make no actual statement about that they actually may be, i just indicated in an off-hand kinda way that they look like things that are common place here on earth. I want each reader to make up there own mind.

now can we please get back on topic with constuctive comments and not personal attacks.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The pics are very interesting and could very well be fossils -- but unfortunately until we get up there ourselves (without the help of NASA) we won't know for sure. And thats why right now, most of the investigative work is being put into other areas -- More a long the lines of documents, insiders, numbers, dates etc.

Originally posted by indierockalien
But I'm no expert. Everything is a fake to the experts on here. They sure know how to kill all hope of this futile existence we're meant to accept.

Don't give them any credit by calling them "experts"... they're far from it! 90% of time they have absolutely no idea of what they're talking about and are just repeating same old things which are usually far from the truth. I wouldn't even go so far as to call IgnoreTheFacts a 'skeptic'. Good skeptics actually take their time to throroughly go through all the evidence, with a neutral point of view, maybe even do some research on their own... and then come forward with a conclusion based on the work they've done. 'IgnoreTheFacts' does precisely just as his name says -- he ignores the facts, picks the weakest piece of evidence (assuming he pays attention to ANY of the evidence) and than puts in his same old useless, pointless and insulting comments... proving his lack of intelligence.

He even has the nerves to call John Lear a disinfo agent... when in reality, if anyone -- he'd be the most likely candidate. His excuse for trolling the board and pathetic attempts to debunk, is that the motto of this website is "Deny Ignorance". Wow thats getting old... why not come forward and admit you're either A.) in denial/personal issues B.) on a payroll

I also find it quite funny how he targets only the questionable/unprovable (until we build our own spaceship and fly to the moon/mars) evidence, which are usually the pics... and then hes nowhere to be found when all the papers, names, prices, dates etc. which ultimately paint quite an obvious (at the very least suspect) picture -- are presented.

Expert? No way. Skeptic? Nah.
Kid, Troll, In Denial... maybe even a very bad disinfo agent? I'd put my money on one of those.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

Wow, you really are arrogant and condescending

No, my sense of humor does not translate to the internet, and your too uptight.

So you work for the military and that makes you a better critic that anyone else great. I'm just a lowly software engineer but i wouldn't consider myself a better critic than anyone else.

I didn't say I work "for" the military. But yes, I am very experienced in military projects, and understand how stuff works. I have worked on classified and non classified projects, and have an understanding of the enormous amount of bs that goes along with it. This does not make me a better critic on anything, other than the claims that there could be a secret space station, etc. I know all the contractors, worked for them (and still do on some projects) and can say if it was true there would be thousands of people in the know. And to expect none of them to spill the beans is ignorance of the human condition. So yes, I guess that I do have a little more insight into -some- matters than others do. But that does not make me better than you or anybody else for that matter.

You say that you do believe that there was once ancient life on mars, but then presented with pictures which do seem to uphold this you say its not common sense.

Heck yeah I do! And how cool would it be if we were both right?!? I have seen MANY pictures that compel me to believe in fossilized primitive life on mars, but unfortunately I do not see anything suspect in the standard rock photos that are presented in this thread. So shoot me.

In your post you point out that "we want to believe it so bad", well i don't (notice my username !) i just have an open mind and wont be lead into anything, i will make my own decisions in my own time. While i agree, it is human nature to try to identify things like faces in clouds / rocks etc ... you will notice that on my post above i make no actual statement about that they actually may be, i just indicated in an off-hand kinda way that they look like things that are common place here on earth. I want each reader to make up there own mind.

Nothing wrong with that. And I know you have an open mind (but not open enough your brain falls out, I have read a lot of your posts and do not think you are a "useful idiot" or just plain gullible. But I could go right out in my own neighborhood, take a few picture, post them here, claim they are "unusual" and I would have dozens of people "see" things that aren't there, back me up, and blast anyone who has the common sense, reason and logic to dispute them. I know you understand this concept (I have read your posts) and I know you deep down get the damage to ufology all of this "nonsense in the clouds" does to the cause.

now can we please get back on topic with constructive comments and not personal attacks.

No problem. I believe that these pictures are nothing more than boring old rock outcrops, some of them cause the pattern recognition starved human brain to supplant things that are not really there. I challenge anyone here to run down to their local dry creek bed and take a few snapshots. Tint them like they came from mars and point out "anomalies". You will no doubt be able to find a few, and no doubt have people jump on board and claim your on to something. But to take the flying leap of absurdity and assume that these rocks indicate advanced or regular alien life is exactly the things that hurt ufology and people that really want to find the truth.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Damn, what does someone have to do to stop IgnoreTheFacts from posting rubbish and clogging up a thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'll admit, given the fact that ITF works with the military and their contractors, he may know a slight bit more than me about the kind of manpower it would take to build a spacestation or something like that... but in my most educated opinion possible, not to say that there TRULY is a huge secret space program going on (which I strongly suspect there is, considering a couple of trillion dollars just go missing from the govt's budget every year or so... and something like that would cost something like that haha), but seriously if they have the technology that hundreds if not thousands claim that they do, they don't need thousands of contractors to go flying up into space. That's only if you're using more "primitive" methods, like here on Earth. What if you had electromagnetic lifting devices, precision plasma laser cutting devices, hell maybe even teleport devices so you could make the stuff here then teleport it there in an instant... You wouldn't need thousands of people working. You'd need maybe a couple dozen, maybe a hundred or so people, maybe a few hundred... all compartmentalized, so one doesn't know what the other is doing. Then, when it comes down to the transportation and actual on-site construction... maybe you bring a couple dozen people up (threatening people with death or harm to a relative or two is a good way to keep them quiet, ya know), a couple dozen drones... some EM anti-gravity lifting devices, all loaded inside maybe one of them behemoth black rectangular football field or larger sized spacecraft I've mentioned seeing once or twice before... and you got yourself a covert mission, done over an extended time period in small manageable segments. Even if someone came forward claiming they went to the moon in a giant UFO and built secret moon bases... nobody is going to believe them, and quite frankly, most people involved with that kind of stuff would rather NOT have the publicity or headaches that come with "spilling the beans". Not everyone likes public speaking or making a big fuss. Not everyone is so defiant of government secrecy oaths. Or heck, maybe they wouldn't even remember they went there and worked on ths amazing thing in space, if MKUltra had ever gotten as far as I speculate it has. Maybe they'd been deprogrammed of the memories after they had gotten back.
Maybe the bases weren't built by contractors at all. Maybe they were built by the ETs and a few US military staff in a joint effort.
A lotta speculation there... but I mean, the government CAN and WILL hide it's biggest most secret projects... and there's no doubt that it does hide major major secrets, is there? So just tell me how, stretching the imagination a little past the the dogmas of mainstream science and social structure, it could be entirely impossible if you factor in unknown variables such as I've presented, however speculative they are?
Conspiracies happen, ITF, and the more the population grows, the bigger those conspiracies will become, and the easier it is for them to thrive. Just think of the billions of people living on the Earth! Think how easily masses of people are fooled! Just look at Billy Meier, for example, or that rediculous Alternative 3 mockumentary, or the Haiti video. A lotta people on this site truly believe in those things. A lotta people can't even read in this country... so can you expect the majority to know about certain things? And if you think in terms of everything being relative to each other, then also the majority of even scientists and military and MIC contractors/engineers would have no real idea of whats happening for real and could comparatively easily be led to believe that they are working on something else. As for the actual on-site construction... there is only speculation at this point.
Some of the more secretive contractors could've been from other parts of the world, and you would never know the name of their firm, or meet any of their employees that you know of.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'll bet Phil Schneider could've possibly satisfied your thirst for proof... but he's long since passed. RIP Phil.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
Damn, what does someone have to do to stop IgnoreTheFacts from posting rubbish and clogging up a thread.

Some people (most people, really) consider posting images of rocks and dirt claiming to see artificial things depicted rubbish too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Picture 2 looks like where a glacier dropped some rocks. I got 2 years of geology behind that.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There's nothing 'odd' about these pictures. Seems like some random shaped rocks that you can find anywhere here on earth. I collect strange looking rocks
for my garden by the way.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well it's only my opinion, I think there was civilization on Mars. I can't say that any pictures I have seen even hint at an ancient race, I do agree though there are some strange / unknown objects but thats about it. (IMHO)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The above picture is FAKE. I know it. I accept that there could be a John Lear BLVD on Mars, but the Earth would not be that big in the background. And of course, the shadows are all wrong.

There, I debunked something.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

LOL well now you have proof, you are debunker

[edit on 20/9/2007 by Sauron]
hey wait a minute, I don't remember saying any thing about the picture

www.streetsigngenerator.com...

[edit on 20/9/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I accept that there may have been primitive life, that can be seen in a lot of the new surface close up photos. See, I am not all close minded, lol.

There is also primitive life on Earth Jim, but not as we know it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow i never noticed some of that stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join