It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats support Affirmative Action

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx
Don't pop a blood vessel dude, would you not have that man voice his opinion??

By stating.."this thread should be shut down" I think he does not want anybody else to state their opinion ..so...I think its fair to tell him to shut his hole

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I believe he was making an off the cuff remark about being tired of listening to liberals Whine....................................So Stop Whining.......Liberal!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I believe he was making an off the cuff remark about being tired of listening to liberals Whine....................................So Stop Whining.......Liberal!

um....sir...I dont remember posting anything that resembled whinning...actually if you read back a little..it appears that you "people" are doing all the whinning...go ahead..read a few of your and your fellow neocons statements...yes you are a hypocrite..

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh yeah Now I remember what you said!...........BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!..........or something like that.

Nice work Genius.

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by krankinkx]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Oh yeah Now I remember what you said!...........BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!..........or something like that.

Nice work Genius.

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by krankinkx]

man im not even sure what you talking about !!I swear you must be a teenager[no offense to the other young people]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment, toadstool. If you had half of the brain that colon-el has you'd realize It was an insult.
If I have to explain these things, maybe you should rethink that dropping out of school thing....Really .....It's never too late to go back and get your HS Diploma.....Good Luck...Study hard little buddy

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
mygoti

if you need a tutor I think that colon-el could help, he has a lot of free time..I don't think he has found a job yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

mygoti

if you need a tutor I think that colon-el could help, he has a lot of free time..I don't think he has found a job yet.

ok ok ..we get it...your stupid. we all understand what your trying to prove so you can stop...we can all easily see that your an imature loser..so please sir..enough already.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Mcgotti,

I would say you're experiencing a load of self projection.

Why is that you can't make a point, joke around the whole time, tell other people not to listen to someone that does have a good point because his differ's from yours, you name call, and then when someone does it back you call them stupid and get all serious????

grow up.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
im not getting "all serious"..this is the damn 6th page, of this mess..I simply reply to his provocation...you really must not have read many of his posts to be telling me to grow up

They want you to be dependant on Government (and them) for your needs (food, medicine, education, housing). They NEVER want you to become wealthy unless in doing so you become a puppet for the party (which they know most people have no desire to do). If you do somehow break away from the grip of them holding you down and actually do well for yourself, they tell you that you are out of touch with your roots. quote krankinkx

This is ignorance at its strongest folks.....please disregard anything this person says.....

I stand by my statement!

I believe it was the great philosopher Forrest Gump who said "Stupid is as Mcgotti does" Or something like that.

yeah real mature

By the way if there is an Asian that can do my job better than me, I will step aside and hand him my gun. That is the way THIS country is supposed to work, You get rewarded for excelling not for being a dope smokin' Lib.

who gets rewarded simply for "smoking dope and being a lib"???? sounds a little immature to me..maybe its just me though

We will never see all white cops in Harlem, ever. I don't believe that for a minute, so let's use common sense and not hypothetical scenarios.

what?? yes wrong again

I know..I was just offering my support for your perspective. Do you not want support?

yes hold each others hands and you will both feel better

and he said I need to grow up..hilarious..and there is 6 pages of this crap..

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Obviously he's tried to debate with you, and you couldn't do it. When I first started this thread you were the first one to post, and the first thing you said was ....well then your stupid!"

I haven't read any good debate from you except for throwing out rubbish first, and fighting with people because they got sick of your sh*t...

This thread was meant as a debate, not slandering first and throwing your hands up second to say what what I do??

This thread can be filed under g now...
thanks for being mature, and taking part in a thread that was meant to understand eachother's viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I laugh at you...I can see what your trying to do but you mistake me for somebody that cares!!I didnt ruin this thread....it sucked from your first post on sir

i dont care

Its not really hypocritacal if you asked me..if you cannot see the reasons behind affirmative action,whether you agree with it or not...then..well...your stupid!!

And for the record im somewhat against it...but only because i dont think it really works...but I would not flame people who want to give this a chance....they are not hypocrits..

as you can see i said "..if you cannot see the reasons behind affirmative action,whether you agree with it or not...then..well...your stupid!!

I said whether you agree or not..if you cant see the reason for it then yes your stupid...i didnt call you stupid...I meant anyone that thinks this is "racism"..then they will be shocked at what real racism is...the "white man" is not being oppressed last time i checked so I dont understand what is so hypocritical about AA..thats it..didnt call you stupid in that post..not sure how you took it as name calling...whatever..it doent matter..this is the mudpit..that what its here for..

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree, if your implying that the "white man" is being oppressed, well that's your perspective, just as it's mine that I believe that "black men" aren't oppressed.

The only people who are oppressed are the one's who allow themselves to be.

AA is unconstitutional.

Everyman is equal, it's up to your own personal truth to decide if you want it that way.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I'm going to have to disagree, if your implying that the "white man" is being oppressed, well that's your perspective, just as it's mine that I believe that "black men" aren't oppressed.

AA is unconstitutional.

Everyman is equal, it's up to your own personal truth to decide if you want it that way.

Why don't we ask our young black male how he feels? Oh, wait, this one is dead. Let's ask another. Prisoner #23547432, do you feel oppressed?

Why is it that all these young black males are being killed or going to prison at a disproportional rate in our society but yet black men aren't oppressed.

Its kinda getting like back in the good ole days. Yougot blacks in prison and you got your new slaves, the hispanics with the new Immigration Policy.

Get off the drugs, kid.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I'm going to have to disagree, if your implying that the "white man" is being oppressed, well that's your perspective

...the "white man" is not being oppressed last time i checked so I dont understand what is so hypocritical about AA..

---where did i say the white man is being oppressed??

huh??wow...those damn lazy oppressed jews in ww2...why did they let themselves be oppressed like that...all they had to do is tell the nazis to "stop being so hypocritical" ..right??

AA is unconstitutional.

ya well...seems like not to many people care about the constitution in america anyway...[the list is long for all the things that are "unconstitutional"..there are so many unconstitutional things going on in the u.s. im suprised people have not just thrown out the constitution all toghether]

Every corporation and school used to be segregated completely.It was only a few decades ago...Those same people that supported segregation are still in the government and are still running companies...sometimes you have to force equality or else segregation would come back at the drop of a hat.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I went to a debate last night about AA, it was interesting to listen to both parties and I understand both sides.

Government makes assumptions about people based on how they look. Which is wrong, immoral, and discriminatory. This government collects people into groups and assigns them privileges and benefits based on their appearance.

The U of M admissions "uses race as a means of determining who might or might not get in" said Gratz, the female who got rejected from U of M even though she had a gpa score of 4.0.

If you want to see more on the debate you can go to
www.mcri2004.org

The only way to get rid of this nasty situation, is to elminate all factors other then academic achievement.

I lived in Canada, and when I applied to post secondary institutions, all they looked at was how well you did in high school. It didn't matter what school you went to, if you did well you get accepted.

Even though some people couldn't afford it because they lived in poor homes, they worked so that they could afford to be there.

They offer osap, which is a government student loan for students who need help footing the bill. Of course you have to pay a certain amount of money back every month, and of course you need not to have a bad credit rating.

But there were no "points" given to "certain" kinds of people.

There was a point brought up from an african american woman in the seats last night who said aa needs to be there because of what happened to her ancestors all those years ago.

Well you know what, my ancestor's were irish, and they were also enslaved, but I got over it. It didn't happen to me, you or the guy next door didn't have anything to do with it, so imo, that's a mute point.

Also to note, in Canada, it's very multicultural and there isn't any segregation. Everybody gets along and understands that just because you appear to have a different colour, doesn't make you any different from anybody else.

And if I was Jennifer Gratz, I would sue U of M over there admission policies as well.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You can sue all you want. You'll lose, because AA is an executive order and it's been upheld since LBJ issued it. It was part of the sweeping legislation after the civil rights act of 1964.

The problem with folk and this issue is that they don't ever have any alternatives to AA. There is a problem in this country. We can under-talk it and try to undermine the current solution but until you think of a better way to provide equal opportunity for all people then you're just howling at the moon.

Oppression is never seen by the oppressor class. It's always denied or ignored. It's truly sad that discrimination still exist but it does. It's as Colin Powell said, I wish it was possible for everything to be race-neutral in this country, but I'm afraid we're not yet at that point where things are race-neutral. As long as we deny the problem exist the further way we travel from a day when folk are truly equal citizens of this nation.

True Lies: Not to tell you what to do or think. But, you will be hard pressed to find an black person is this country that hasn't been discriminated against on a regular basis. I would suggest you do some research on the education system, the prison system, and the drug laws.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
White Student Calls Self African-American

Friday, January 23, 2004

OMAHA, Neb. � Officials disciplined students who papered their nearly all-white high school with posters advocating a white student from South Africa for the school's "Distinguished African American Student Award."

Peggy Rupprecht, spokeswoman for the Westside Community Schools (search) district, said administrators at Westside High School (search) discovered more than a hundred of the posters throughout the school first thing Monday � Martin Luther King Jr. Day (search).

"The content of the posters, they believed, was inappropriate and insensitive to some members of our school community," Rupprecht said.

Citing privacy policies, Rupprecht said she could not specify what the penalties were or how many students were disciplined. But the mother of the boy pictured on the posters said he was suspended for two days.

The award has been given the last eight years to an outstanding black student as part of the school's Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration, she said.

The poster pictured junior Trevor Richards, 16, smiling and making a thumbs-up sign. A message at the top encouraged votes for him for next year's award.

Karen Richards said her son and his friends were not trying to hurt anyone.

"My son is not a racist," she told the Omaha World-Herald. "He has black friends, friends from Bangladesh and Egypt. Color has never been an issue in our home."

"It was a very innocent thing," she said.

Two of her son's friends were disciplined along with him, she said. A fourth student was punished for circulating a petition Tuesday criticizing the practice of recognizing only black student achievement with the award, she said.

Tylena Martin, a junior, said the poster had been on the door to her homeroom class where she is the only black student. She said she felt hurt by the posters and the backlash that ensued.

According to 2002-2003 state statistics, 56 Of Westside's 1,632 students are black.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally made by Saphronia...The problem with folk and this issue is that they don't ever have any alternatives to AA. There is a problem in this country. We can under-talk it and try to undermine the current solution but until you think of a better way to provide equal opportunity for all people then you're just howling at the moon.

Why do we need policies to address this?! Don't we have laws on the books against descrimination!? Lets just enforce the law folks!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
ya well...seems like not to many people care about the constitution in america anyway...[the list is long for all the things that are "unconstitutional"..there are so many unconstitutional things going on in the u.s. im suprised people have not just thrown out the constitution all toghether.

mcgotti

I'm sure you would have us throw out the Constitution, It seems as though it doesn't fit your purposes does it. It gives the people unalienable rights...I have a feeling you don't like that.

There is no one keeping you here in this Great Land is there?? If you you don't agree with the Constitution please leave!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join