It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert for president??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was watching The Colbert Reporting staring none other then Stephen Colbert which i find myself to be a fan of cause the show is funny. Yesterday i watched a show where he is talking about running for president. I dont know if he is actually planning to or not but if he could actually get the votes i think he would go for it.

This seems alot like taht movie with Robin Williams staring in it where he went for president i cant remember what its called though.

He seems pretty popular and i think could probably win if he actually ran but what kind of society would this bring about since he isnt a politician.

Maybe he will bring about the NWO.

Has any1 heard of this and or is it really a bad thing or perhaps the best thing that could happen to the states?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think he's touted on several occasions for running for president. I don't think he's gonna do it. Who knows if he'll be a good prez, He is funny though

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
no way. keep him out of real politics! they will corrupt him!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I seriously doubt he would ever run but it would be nice as he would take the edge off things. Sometimes I think many presidents are just to much all business which really taints things. I think thats why Clinton was loved so much due to his laid back and well just happy. I often wonder if Bush is happy and who it affects his psychology which in turn affects the world in a whole.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
He seems pretty popular and i think could probably win if he actually ran but what kind of society would this bring about since he isnt a politician.

Stephen Colbert wouldn't win....

Well Ronald Reagan was an actor and he became President of the US...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
i think could probably win if he actually ran

Absolutely he could win, at least he could if he's running for President of the Bill O. fan club.

But I don't forsee him achieving any higher level positions than that.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Remember, the Stephen Colbert you see on TV is a character, and not what the real Mr. Colbert is like.

I have a feeling that his real political views are very far away from what you see on TV.

You might as well think that Martin Sheen's portrayal of the President on TV was really good, and think he should be president based on that.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I believe the ego thing is part of his real personality, his schtick lets him explore the fun of it getting a laugh or two.

The idea of him being president is totally rediculous

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The GOP wouldn't accept him, look at how Ron Paul is fairing. The GOP wants someone to win that supports their views.

Besides, the GOP doesn't have time to push a new candidate this late in the game.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Colbert Announces He's Running For President, On Both Tickets

Appearing on Larry King's CNN show Thursday night, Stephen Colbert was accused by the host of using the publication of his new book as a platform to run for president. Colbert happily confirmed this, saying that he would seek the nomination from both parties.

When King said this was a "cop out," Colbert, host of his own talk show, The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, said that it actually demonstrated true "courage" because "I could lose twice."

Source: HuffingtonPost.com

So it now is official?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
He doesn't have the credentials. Being an intelligent and cunning person doesn't necessarily qualify you for running a country, no matter how loud the cheering from the audience of 60 is.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
seems pretty serious, but then again, if he's not, i wonder how far he'll take it.

I certainly wouldnt mind him running, he certainly seems better than the rest of the monkeys that are running now, atleast i feel he would actually answer a question instead of dancing around the topic.

atleast thats my opinion.

related articles
CNN
MSNBC
Indecision2008

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why would anyone vote for him? Why

He is an entertainer with a staff of writers... oh wait I see now... He could be prez yeah...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
His Comedy Central Announcement...

Comedy Central

new topics

top topics

join