It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midway Islands: Home to the Advanced Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The US took formal possession of the islands in 1867. The laying of the trans-Pacific cable, which passed through the islands, brought the first residents in 1903. Between 1935 and 1947, Midway was used as a refueling stop for trans-Pacific flights. The US naval victory over a Japanese fleet off Midway in 1942 was one of the turning points of World War II. The islands continued to serve as a naval station until closed in 1993. Today the islands are a national wildlife refuge. From 1996 to 2001 the refuge was open to the public. It is now temporarily closed.

NOTE: The information regarding Midway Islands on this page is re-published from the 2003 World Fact Book of the United States Central Intelligence Agency. No claims are made regarding the accuracy of Guinea Geography 2003 information contained here. All suggestions for corrections of any errors about Midway Islands Introduction 2003 should be addressed to the CIA.

I have been hearing rumors that the government closed the wildlife refuge to give them the perfect place to hide away all research.

I have heard many things about what research they are performing from UFO's to DNA guided bullets. Does anyone else have any information on Midway?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Back in the early 80's when I was in the service. Gooney Birds and the old navy depot were all that was there when I was on the island.

Thinking about your assertion it makes sense to me that they would convert it to this use. It's a perfect spot for hidden ventures.

Out of the main shipways and well isolated.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So far all I am going on is rumors about the island and my Grandfathers pictures of the place from when he was a Seabee. I am trying to get a hold of some recent Satellite photos of the islands and a reason why it was temporarily closed in 2001.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
" DNA guided bullets ".

I guess you don't mind if I ask you for a link ?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Actually I don't know all there is to know about it All I know is what a few of my friends who are in the Army have told me. I have been told that a bullet (well actually a small missle) is currently in development that can in effect be provided a small sample of DNA to target with. After the projectile has been fired it will begin to "sniff" for DNA traces in the air (which is the dead skin that falls off of everyone) to match the DNA sample loaded into the bullet. Once a match is found the bullet homes in on the target and explodes upon impact.

The problem with the bullets is that they would not be very effective during winter time because of very little dead skin becoming airborne due to the increased amount of clothing. Also the technology to sniff for DNA at the time I learned of this bullet was quite large and in need of miniturazation.

new topics

top topics

join