It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are wormholes all in the mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've included some of this story in other threads but though I'd give it a thread of it's own. It's about time too, it's bugged me for years and I'm prepared for a blasting from the sceptics too, lol. Don't be too hard. This is EXACTLY what happened - In the early 90s I'd taken an intense interest in RV, astral travel and meditation. I'm not, and never was good at any of these and to tell the truth when my eyes are shut and I'm trying to quiet my mind chatter I don't see the difference between them all. I've seen things that looked real, and I've managed to sit up out-of-body, or it seemed so because it felt like I was sitting up, and when I opened my eyes I saw two visions of my room, one from a sitting up position and one from my still physically lying down position. In March '95 or '96 I decided to try a proper astral travel. (I was feeling brave) So I lay down on my bed closed my eyes and waited to see what would happen. I tried to still my mind but couldn't so I just let the thoughts come and go. After a while I got the screeching and knew my body was paralysed. After another while the buzzing stopped and was replaced by tiny high-pitched beeps or chimes, and behind my closed eyelids I started to watch wee particles of light that started to spin in the centre of my vision. Normally when I get the buzzing and paralysis (sleep paralysis but this time I was awake) I fight it, but this time I ignored it and focussed on what I could see. The particles got more and more until they were bunched and spinning in a group and then a black dot appeared in the centre. (When your eyes are closed everything looks black anyway but I'd rather call that muddy brown.) This black dot was jet black and it began to grow like a pupil of an eye. The light particles formed a ring round the outside of it and the whole lot either grew closer or got bigger. In minutes it got so big the ring started to vanish at the sides of my vison and I was left with a black gaping hole which started to suck me in. It really did suck. I was being pulled. I know I definitely wasn't sleeping, Scooby Doo was on the TV and I could hear the cars outside but this was genuinely REAL. Then I panicked. Anyone who's had sleep paralysis will know what a struggle it is to get moving again. I was petrified this thing was going to swallow me up (I thought I was going to die)and I had to use all my physical strength to break free and stop myself from being pulled into this HOLE. I managed to pull free eventually and I fell to the floor, seriously shocked. I was thinking crazy thoughts like, OH MY GOD THERE IS A GOD kinda stuff. Knowing full well what I coward I am I tried the same thing twice more in the space of a week, with the exact same results, i.e. total panic. This first experience took about two hours in total. The other times it was about 90 mins and 1hr approx.Does anyone think this experience could be connected to the theoretical wormholes mentioned in quantum physics? Is it too much of a coincidence that people have this type of experience and scientists talk of these possibilities? Are wormholes all in the mind?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hello Wight thanks for sharing this with us here

seemed so because it felt like I was sitting up, and when I opened my eyes I saw two visions of my room, one from a sitting up position and one from my still physically lying down position.

I will say that there, is a great start!! Before I get into a very relaxed state, and see the green ring I was talking about it..
I could see my room as if I had my eyes open!! Yet they where closed..

I can say the way you explain this here to be the very beginning of this great journey!! I say give it some time, and remember not to try to force any of these thoughts... They will come to you in time

If you have any questions feel free to ask me
And I invite you to check out my thread I did.. If you can, make some drawings of what you see.
That will help alot

Zysin's photoshop pics of my exp with meditation

Agin it takes alot of courage to step forward with this.. but as you will find, its very normal, and its not just something one or two people can do..
WE all have this within us!!! Each and everyone of us

Knowing full well what I coward I am I tried the same thing twice more in the space of a week, with the exact same results, i.e. total panic. This first experience took about two hours in total. The other times it was about 90 mins and 1hr approx.

Agin just to let you know.. That is very normal!!!! Ive had exp where I have thought I pee'ed myself, but when I woke up.. it wasnt anything..
But the fear can be great!!! and its very real... The way you describe that gives me chills!!! I try to stay out of those plaecs.. You will find yourself in these places, you can asend from those places, and find some not so scary places within the light...
Its true.. thanks for being honest with us here...
You think like me.. saying hey no problem, I can handle it!!

Then when it happens, you are like Holy crap!!! this is freakin scary, what have I gotten myself into!!!

[edit on 18-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
After surviving the 60's... most definitely.

OOPS... wrong type of worm holes.

Most definitely... until one is actually found.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Then when it happens, you are like Holy crap!!! this is freakin scary, what have I gotten myself into!!!
That's exactly what I was thinking. And I was also thinking, "no-one knows about this but it's there and it's real. Someone MUST already know. This is hidden knowledge but other folk somewhere must know about it, (followed by every swear word imaginable and a few new ones).Now, if I can do that as easily as that, then other folk must have it mapped out and exploited. What kind of folk are they and who are they?I also had a great run of prophetic dreams in the few weeks afterwards and what I'll call a kundalini episode about a week after. My friend nearly phoned an ambulance but I KNEW it wasn't a normal ILLNESS as soon as it hit me.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i haven't read all the comments but when zysin5 was talking about seeing his/her room with their eyes closed thats how it is whenever i try astral projection i can see my room, my nephew playing with toys that sort of thing

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Does anyone else have a view on this? No-one's accused me of making my story up (so far) so I guess that's a good start. I've had dozens of strange experiences in my life and I usually shove them into categories like - maybe not, (that probably didn't happen), maybe yes, (there's a chance what happened there was real, maybe), and definitely yes, (that REALLY did happen). Most of my strange events lie somewhere in the first two categories but my "wormhole" experience really did happen. And I repeated the experiment (twice) and got the exact same results. I'm so convinced by what happened that I'm sure it's a BIG deal. There must be someone out there with a proper scientific explanation, or is there someone who'd like to try for themselves? Perhaps a sceptical sort who'll give it a serious try?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
so convinced by what happened that I'm sure it's a BIG deal. There must be someone out there with a proper scientific explanation, or is there someone who'd like to try for themselves? Perhaps a sceptical sort who'll give it a serious try?

As you known Im some what of a skeptic myself at times. So let me give you the other side of the coin here..

A scientific look at this would be brain chemicals, and the parts of the brain that fire when our eyes are closed.
Your brain is constantly running information threw electical singnals..
When I close my eyes the last thing my mind sees is my room, hence the electrical impluses make up a vivid image of what my mind just saw.
In a dark room your brain is searching for light to make sense of what information is comming in..
An over active imagination is a big part of this.. The more artistic, or passionate you are about such things is the pathway to this. A person who doesnt consider everything outside of you is really within your own head will not sense or feel different images or colors when they close their eyes.. They are not looking for anything to happen, thus they see darkness and go to sleep, its natural part of how we work.
But some people like me and you, close our eyes, and then our brains go into overdrive, trying to make sense of what we are not seeing, thus threw simple chemical reaction we see what we see.. NOthing magical or specail about this
Just over active imagination

Thats the other side to the coin.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Bumping up an old thread of mine to hopefully get some useful banter. I haven't changed my views at all. Still convinced it's a big deal and not just a lucid dream. I'm also sure TPTB are onto this and probably using and abusing (in many ways), as we speak.
If I could change anything about my old post it might be the title. Maybe I should have asked - are stargates all in the mind? That's not to say technology might not be helpful, either to DO IT, or to take with you out through that door, if it can be widened in any way. I have this little hunch that it can be. Or maybe I'm being too open-minded?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Interesting thread, a lot of strange things happen in this state.

I'm sorry I don't know what you saw, but the next time I get sleep paralysis I will try and stay calm and watch what I see, to see if I can see what you saw.

p.s Nice avatar, A bittersweet life was a great movie!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Everything is in the mind. Your mind is the gravity that holds reality together, so knowing this, what limitations do you see?

Remember that what you believe in creates the world around you.

edit on 2-10-2010 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join