It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Piracicaba, Brazil July 2007 video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have both a RC plane, and a Helicopter. While I would never attempt the stunts in the Video I linked to, simply because I am not as skilled, I have seen RC planes with a serious amount of fireworks mounted to them. I see no reason why this could not also be the case with Helicopters, particularly when flown by National Champions.

Night shots, with consumer model cameras, do not always show good details. A bright light source, such as fireworks, could very well overexpose any detail and blot out any hint of the RC helicopter.

Yes, they are very noisy, but remember, this was shot near a major highway and it is off in the distance somewhat. I am not saying that a RC helicopter is the definite answer, but it is indeed a possibility, and if you watched the Video I linked to, you will see that RC Helicopters have come a long way and can do some surprising things when flown by a pro.

There are other possibilities and I am open to suggestions. I am still trying to find other reports on the subject in Portuguese.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Fast forward this video to about 75% of the way through. Looks like we may have a plausible explaination after all.

[edit on 9/18/07 by PLaprad]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Nice job Terapin and PLaprad. That last vid convinces me--Helicopter!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PLaprad

Awww.. and just when I was getting excited. Now I'm going to wonder if any of the other strange lights caught in the sky are just RC Helicopters with creative attachments.

Bummer.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PLaprad

i saw the youtube vid & had no idea what it was, i thought it may have some thing to do with the peru impact but realised its not very likley cause of distance.
the hele fire work is very convincing. & likley if they have a local hele club in the area.
the things people do

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks for finding that Video Laprag.

It clearly looks quite similar to the one taken in Piracicaba. Given that there is a known club of RC Heli pilots in Piracicaba, and that National champions have flown there, this added evidence seems to nail it quite nicely. Looks quite fun as well!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I admit it looks a lot like the rc video. one thing that I noticed that does not follow that idea is a 1:19 the fire ball descends and goes out only to start again at its original altitude. I think it unlikely that a rc chopper would have a release mechanism for the fireworks.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I noticed that as well and wondered if it could be a video artifact. A skip so to speak. I am still not certain, but from the conversation they were having there is no mention of it on the video.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
First thing I thought when I saw it was meteor. Then I noticed it seemed to be moving way too slow. Then it TURNED! Okay. On to my second thought...

Well, we've all seen those small planes that tow advertising banners behind them, so IMO, that's what it is, except it's towing some kind of pyrotechnic device. You can see several times in the video where the sparks seem to stop for a second, then start up again. It could be a multi-stage pyro display being towed by a small plane. Debunked??

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectRon41

ElectRon41, your explaination makes perfect sense. If this were a Radio
Controlled helicopter, it would be too far away to display this much detail
in the sparks. If the RC helicopter were closer, the video guys would
hear it and not be so puzzled.

But a regular prop plane at a distance trailing some kind of sparkler
banner does make sense. It could have been promoting an upcoming
event. However, wouldn't it be illegal (in any country) to fly fire
horizontally over the landscape like that? It's very dangerous to
forests, homes, etc..
-cwm

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exo
I admit it looks a lot like the rc video. one thing that I noticed that does not follow that idea is a 1:19 the fire ball descends and goes out only to start again at its original altitude. I think it unlikely that a rc chopper would have a release mechanism for the fireworks.

I just have to quote this because I really agree with this guy and he has a serious point! I think we should be very careful calling this debunked...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Looks real enough to me to be something dripping molten debris and having a serious overheating problem. Yet still defying gravity by some means. Would like to see the end of the vid to learn it's demise?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Yeah, I'm pretty positive flying at night like that is illegal everywhere... especially flying with NO navigation lights. They evidently didn't care about the possibility of starting ground fires.

Another thought just occured to me-- wasn't this filmed in Mexico? Forgive, but I'm too tired to go back and confirm. Anyway, maybe it was done by drug runners or human smugglers as a distraction from their illicit activities. All eyes are to the sky, so no one is watching what they do on the ground. Then again... there's just lots of folks who get their rocks off by pulling hoaxes

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think that the most logical explanation is that some teenage ets lit off their equivalent of bottle rockets. Just to mess with us stupid earthlings.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Project_Exo]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Not Mexico. Piracicaba is in the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil. More later....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just to add a little.

I agree its a helicopter, but look at the way the flames seem to melt and drip off. I am guessing that this is some slow chem burn not a fireworks, like a thermite poring out onto a steel sheet below hellicopter. No intent to cross into 9/11 stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Honestly this looks very much like a CGI particle effect. The motion of the debris coming off the object does not look natural and seems far too slow for something in the sky. 3D software like 3ds Max can create an effect exactly like this as well as compositing software such as After Effects and Shake. I believe whoever made this added camera shake and focus blurring to make it more realistic as seen in the other hoax videos using Vue 6.

Particles effects are one of those things that are difficult to render and look completely realistic. I think many people trying for these effects will composite real footage on top of CGI. But honestly it’s difficult to determine anything with the crappy video quality on YouTube.

Here is a video of similar particle effect:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think xabax is close to it but you would have to know extensive knowledge of the programs to make it look that realstic, ive used particle emitters to create a similar effect but to get it that random and to have it in sync with the motion of the 'wobble' of the camera is pretty tricky!

Flaresjust emit a singular light or fireworks sparkle not just burn. its highly illigal to have a chemical substance burn like that over any kind of area due to the risk of the public or wildlife.

I would have to say real on this one, it deffinetly looks like somethings is cruising in and out of our atmosphere

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tofu9
I think xabax is close to it but you would have to know extensive knowledge of the programs to make it look that realstic, ive used particle emitters to create a similar effect but to get it that random and to have it in sync with the motion of the 'wobble' of the camera is pretty tricky!

There would be no need to add the camera shake in max etc...just add it in post in after effects using the 'wiggle' command. Of course with progs like partical ilusion things have gotten a whole lot easier.

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't think this is cgi. I would have to say as a few others have said before it could be a RC helicoptor or airplane. This seems to be the most logical to me. More than likely someone took a road flare attached it to a stick and taped it to the helicoptor or plane. Other than this I have no clue what it is, agian I would rule out cgi,meteors,balloons,swamp gas ect
I am not an expert of any kind however the more and more I watch these videos the more and more I begin to feal like I one. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join