It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Piracicaba, Brazil July 2007 video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I know everyone can't stand youtube videos
Sorry

This "appears" to be a new sigting and video. It may be already reviewed here, but looks interesting.
Who knows whats real??How can you even tell anymore?

ROS edit: Considering its more than likely a hoax ,and after reviewing this video a few times, I noticed besides the really cool cgi work, the guy even took the time to put his hazard lights on while filming the background plate.

youtube.com link.
DWT

[edit on 18-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think thats just someone holding a cigarette in their hand and the camera is going at really slow motion with lots of exposure. Theres no stars, trees, perspective except for the end and when the sign comes up the video stops before the object goes behind the sign. The object is very small compared to the sign so I'm going to go with the camera guys friend walking on a hill, holding a cigg, at about 15 feet behind the sign.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For some reason your vid dosent work for me but I think I found it on youtube :
www.youtube.com...

If thats the same one then :

Wow quiet cool , first I thought its a meteor about to crash (because of the long tail and the semi debree falling of of it) but then it started changing course so it cant be a meteor ..

Looks legitimate but I am no vid expert so we will have to wait for some of them to share their knowledge

Whatever it is it looks cool.
Great Find mate !

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Thill]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
looks like some new type of fireworks-technique to me. interesting post though. I look forward to what others have to say.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I think thats just someone holding a cigarette in their hand and the camera is going at really slow motion with lots of exposure. Theres no stars, trees, perspective except for the end and when the sign comes up the video stops before the object goes behind the sign. The object is very small compared to the sign so I'm going to go with the camera guys friend walking on a hill, holding a cigg, at about 15 feet behind the sign.

oh come on... a cigarette... really..

if you were going to try to debunk this you would say its a guy holding a cigarette traveling between what seemed like 150 to 200 feet up waving back and forth when the bridge was about 20-30 yards away. there is no way the perspective can be so skewed on a camera like this to create an illusion of a tiny cigar in the middle of darkness to make that effect. and how would you explain when the spark went off and re emerged 15 feet away in 2 second in the middle of the video, at that distance if the spark wasnt much much bigger than what you said, if it was indeed the size of a cigar, it would be a tiny blur as the camera zooms in trying to focus on something so small so far away.; this was obviously much bigger and way high above the bridge. im by no means it s an "ET" UFO, but its an unidentified object.
--- sorry, guy waving cigar theory is officially flawed.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yea I know seriously, I think certain people just throw out garbage with absolutely no thought whatsoever dont they? Just post the firs thing that comes to mind and it somehow satisfy's their sense of safety/world view.

Oh it must be some new fireworks technique..because Im totally affraid to imagine it could be anything else!
Just wait till the kite/lantern experts get in here!!!!!

Originally posted by omi_kron_gravitron

Originally posted by hikix

oh come on... a cigarette... really..

if you were going to try to debunk this you would say its a guy holding a cigarette traveling between what seemed like 150 to 200 feet up waving back and forth when the bridge was about 20-30 yards away. there is no way the perspective can be so skewed on a camera like this to create an illusion of a tiny cigar in the middle of darkness to make that effect. and how would you explain when the spark went off and re emerged 15 feet away in 2 second in the middle of the video, at that distance if the spark wasnt much much bigger than what you said, if it was indeed the size of a cigar, it would be a tiny blur as the camera zooms in trying to focus on something so small so far away.; this was obviously much bigger and way high above the bridge. im by no means it s an "ET" UFO, but its an unidentified object.
--- sorry, guy waving cigar theory is officially flawed.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Looks like a car riding on it's rim but cars do not fly.
That is strange. It could not be a meteor because of the direction changes taking place. It could be the military testing equipment such as heat seeking sensors. This is not the normal UFO type of sighting.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well it is definately a UFO but no evidence for alien ship can i see. I do see an object that is indeed burning and either flying or falling.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
is there a way to maybe take the video and enchance the brigtness and contrass so maybe something else will be seen ? basicly make it less dark

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Definitely NOT a cigarette 15 feet away.

A cigarette would look like a tiny speck from that far away, and would not leave a trail of sparks.

Not a definitive UFO, but it is definitely of interest and worth further analyzation.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Looks CGI. If you watch the debris coming off at the end when its about to go behind the sign, it jerks around differently than the camera. They did a great job except for that one part.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
oh already posted damn... i'll get mine removed

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well consider the people that are filming it are stationary, well it looks that way too me, the only way i can explain it doing u-turns is that someone running around along a road bridge back and forth with a flaming torch hehe, sounds madder than it being a ufo doesn't it, but this one can definatly be explained terrestrially some way or another, it just looks like it doesn't get any further away that it already is in the video, just a lot of turning.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In the Video you can hear them speaking Brasilian Portuguese. First, they think it is a Balloon. In Brasil they make paper balloons and place some candles inside. The hot air makes them rise. They are illegal now because they have caused too many fires. This is their initial impression of what the object is. If you notice, the 'sparks' are falling away from it at a different rate and direction, than the object is moving, so something on fire makes sense.

Later one man mentions that perhaps it is a plane dropping fireworks as it flys around. Perhaps, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Finally the camera man sais it is Santa Clause. You can hear him say "Papai Noel" a few times. Towards the end, they wish to get back in the car and move closer.

As for a cigarette. I have never seen a cigarette burn like that and drop so many sparks, while simultaneously flaring up as in the film. The Scale is wrong and the perspective is wrong. It isn't a cigarette in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't know what it is for sure, but after watching it again, I don't see it making any movements a hang-glider couldn't, and it makes movements a hang-glider would, especially the swooping down and back up. I'd like it to be a UFO, but I'm going to have to go with hang-glider on this one.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Daytime Panoramic photo of Piracicaba, Sao Paulo.  Brazil

Upon further research, I have discovered that in Brazil there is an established club of Radio Controlled Helicopter hobbyists, which had an event in Piracicaba, featuring national champion level pilots. The official event was held on May 21 last year. Most likely, there is a regular group that flys RC helicopters there frequently. Perhaps, what we are seeing is a night flight with engine trouble or deliberate fire effects.

I have not been able to confirm yet, that anyone does any Hang gliding in Piracicaba SP.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That makes no sense, no one would risk setting their precious RC chopper on fire for a gimmick, look at the light/sparks generated by this thing it would melt it. Engine trouble would'nt cause this as they are way too small in size for a start, chances are it'd just stop working and fall rather quickly, not continue flying around as a fireball. Those RC choppers (and cars) are rather delicate to begin with, if you have ever raced them yourself.
The motion is also not very RC chopper like so Im affraid your hypothesis does'nt hold well either. But nice try

Originally posted by Terapin
Daytime Panoramic photo of Piracicaba, Sao Paulo. Brazil

Upon further research, I have discovered that in Brazil there is an established club of Radio Controlled Helicopter hobbyists, which had an event in Piracicaba, featuring national champion level pilots. The official event was held on May 21 last year. Most likely, there is a regular group that flys RC helicopters there frequently. Perhaps, what we are seeing is a night flight with engine trouble or deliberate fire effects.

I have not been able to confirm yet, that anyone does any Hang gliding in Piracicaba SP.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am not saying that a RC helicopter is the answer. It was just something I noticed when looking for hang gliding in Piracicaba.

I have, however, seen night flights of RC planes which featured fireworks attached to the plane. It is conceivable that the same could be done with RC Helicopters.

Remember, these were National Champion expert RC pilots. Think RC helicopters are fragile little toys that can't do much??? Think again. Here is a video of some astounding RC Helicopter piloting. RC Helicopter Expert Tricks

[edit on 18/9/07 by Terapin]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Terapin, I like your helicopter explanation even better than a hang-glider. Hang gliding, which I've never done, seems like it would be treacherous at night.

Thanks for the link. Never in a million years would I have thought stunts like this were even possible. Unbelievable! video.google.com...

[edit on 9/18/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
They ARE fragile & certainly susceptible to heat, which from the video seems pretty intense. Also if there was a helicopter dragging this thing around you would surely see the light reflecting off the underside of it. Then there's the noise, you'd probably hear the engines. Now if you say "no its too far away to be heard" then Im gonna say the scale of the chopper would be HUGE then to be this big, but so far away not to be heard.

Not buying it

Originally posted by Terapin
I am not saying that a RC helicopter is the answer. It was just something I noticed when looking for hang gliding in Piracicaba.

I have, however, seen night flights of RC planes which featured fireworks attached to the plane. It is conceivable that the same could be done with RC Helicopters.

Remember, these were National Champion expert RC pilots. Think RC helicopters are fragile little toys that can't do much??? Think again. Here is a video of some astounding RC Helicopter piloting. RC Helicopter Expert Tricks

[edit on 18/9/07 by Terapin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join