It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery illness strikes after meteorite hits Peruvian village

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Mystery illness strikes after meteorite hits Peruvian village

news.yahoo.com

LIMA (AFP) - Villagers in southern Peru were struck by a mysterious illness after a meteorite made a fiery crash to Earth in their area, regional authorities said Monday.

Rescue teams and experts were dispatched to the scene, where the meteorite left a 100-foot-wide (30-meter-wide) and 20-foot-deep (six-meter-deep) crater, said local official Marco Limache.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This looks very interesting. I wonder if there is any documented case that human beings ever got sick just because of a certain meteorite.

It is too early to predict such things or to jump into any conclusions but if it is really the meteorite is the cause of the mysterious illness then what could it be? A chemical reaction? or an ET disease?

What really is this object that crashed? They even thought that it was a plance crash. Is it really a meteorite?

I hope that we can have more follow up news on this.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-9-2007 by searching_for_truth]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Science has determined that bacteria could travel through space on a meteorite, so something that caused a human to get ill would noit be that far fetched.

And who can say how many times this has happened in the past? Stories and legends would attribute the sickness and deaths from some out world biological agent to one of the Gods or to witches and demons.

Good find.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I just read this too. Probably bacteria but wouldn't be great if it was a space virus?!? If it was, I'm sure this is the last we would hear of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I hope there is some follow up coverage on this.
Is it truly a sickness or is it a reaction?
The report of a strange smell suggested that it could be those people were poisoned, rather than effected by an illness.

I do hope they are taking some basic quarantine steps.
Anybody remember The Andromeda Strain?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am guessing radiation poisoning. It's crazy though... boiling water coming up out of the crater. Though, that sounds reasonable given that it left a 100' wide x 20' deep hole. Then again, such an event doesn't happen everyday, so I guess nothing can be really predictable about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilod
I am guessing radiation poisoning.
It's crazy though... boiling water coming up out of the crater.

i think you absent mindedly hit the nail on the head...
when you pointed out that reports say boiling water in the impact.

my guess is that a natural cistern was impacted,
and who knows what sorts of microbial life was mutated there in the watery underground.

low radiation poisioning would not work, radiation symptoms develop in days not in the space of minutes, as the villagers say their sickness & nausea came about immediately following the 'crash' sounds.

there's lots of germs, diseases, microbes, locked up in caverns, under siberian frozen tundra, in the ocean depths...all over the planet
the happenstance meteorite just accidently hit one of those 'hell holes'
& released the dreaded things entombed there.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just finished doing a search for anything new, even Peruvian news, but could not find anything more. The Peruvian news has nothing that I could find on the English sites within the last couple of days. Strange for such a big story. I must have looked in the wrong places.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm echoing BitRaiser on this one. The most likely explanation (given the rapidity of the effects) is chemical poisoning. Given the object was at very high temperature and combined with water when it hit, any number of chemicals could be released. SO2 comes to mind plus heavy metal vapors. This sounds chemical.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wouldn't bacteria burn up on its way through the atmosphere?Or could the ones on the inside survive?

Also woudln't it take time for the germ to learn how to attack us.Like bird flu,it kills birds but it has not mutated yet to get humans.If it is use to attacking aliens or alien life then how can it attack us to?Super Bug?Bum Bum bum.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No chance of it being a Ship or weapon or one of those space jellyfish creatures that live in the upper atmosphere??? I am just weirded out that this isn't big news... it's on the American Yahoo page but not the Canadian one and thats the only place I have seen something on it.
Nothing on the Nasa site or any science sites???
Seems like a big impact, is it being covered up?
Just some thougts... I mean questions.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
lol you guys.. I would lean more to a natural occurrence; most likely sulfuric sickness or Sulfur dioxide; Hydrogen sulfide?

Residents complained of headaches and vomiting brought on by a "strange odor," local health department official Jorge Lopez told Peruvian radio RPP.

Strange odor? was it Smell of rotten eggs perhaps?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Someone found this (www.livinginperu.com...) over in the Alien/UFO discussion forum (I borrowed the link hehehe). Actually there's an interesting discussion happening there too.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"Between 10 and 12 people have reported dizziness, migraines and in some cases vomiting. They assure that after having had close contact with the object the symptoms began,"

It seems likely that the meteorite may have struck some sort of contaminate like a water source contaminated with Legionella.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There are no more articles about the subject but the people that are/have been in contact with this metoerite/(WHATEVER IT IS) are they eve alive ? Have we had contact with these reegions since ?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This was taken about 4 months ago .... Kinda odd ... FLEET OF ?????

reply to post by searching_for_truth

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Crater Video.

The video talks about a sulfur smell. I also found a website (that I cant find now) that said there may have been lead in the ground that may have been thrown into the air. Both would be causes of illness.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JEnigma

No chance of it being a Ship or weapon or one of those space jellyfish creatures that live in the upper atmosphere??? I am just weirded out that this isn't big news... it's on the American Yahoo page but not the Canadian one and thats the only place I have seen something on it.
Nothing on the Nasa site or any science sites???
Seems like a big impact, is it being covered up?
Just some thougts... I mean questions.

Those weird jellyfish creatures are actually Sirian space ships according to this VERY convincing video: Link

My only question after reading this article is, how did they identify this object as a meteorite?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

I'd love to see what you've linked to. Of course you'll have to fix it first.

On topic-

I dunno, I just came online a few minutes ago and My Yahoo showed me this story. Of course I jumped right over here to see what the scuttlebutt was. At first I was a little worried, but, most of your posts have calmed me right down to Earth again. I'd agree with sulphur-based illness as well. If that was a hot, hot rock breaking through to an underground aquifer, it would explain the smell to a point. But the instantly sick is what has me kinda worried. Would it really knock ya out? Give headaches? Now, I'm not a doctor (but, I play one at night with my wife
), but, that seems very chemically-based as was stated above.

I think I'll keep an eye out on this one.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

yeh until it spread over the world, killing then zombifying the poor saps who catch it. its airborn by the way. so then Z-Day will be fo' real!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join