It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion real or is it a cover up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Who has ever wounded whether religion is made up or if it is real.
Mission: Recover evidence that shows religion is real or a myth.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
.......Im not sure what to say to that, i see your signuture so i take it your mind is already made up. I personally do not belive in Christian, Jews or Muslims beliefs, or any of the ones ive missed out. I guess that there is no 100% proof of God and religion being correct. There is alot of things that say one religion is right, and alot that say the other one is, i think we'll find out which one was right when we have a big holy war and there is only 1 religion left, thats the only way i can see the arguement ending, no one to argue with

I think your in the wrong forum, post that up in the Religion part of ATS and you may get some replys.

Take Care, Vix

(I am very sorry if i spelt some ones religion wrong in that post, im not insulting you, i just suck at spelling.)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think you need to revise your question somewhat. Obviously religion itself is real, religion being man's attempt at explaining the world and faith itself. Even on the smallest scale, this was an organised and controlled system. How well one could explain the world, however false their teachings may be, would effect how many people believed in your religion.

Faith exists in all human beings, as a faith in oneself. Religion just found people who were giving up this hope and instead of helping them understand themselves, they gave them new things to garner their hope on, false idols one might say.

So religion is real, the faith it prescribes as being the only one to exist, is not.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok.
I sippose your right but are all religions right and what they preach.
Such as "holy war" on America.
I mean has religion really helped humanity or achieve any thing besides anger and arguments.
Also New Zealand has a Christian political party formed on 18/09/2007

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think Religion is a way for people to find security in them self, to find them self, I've also thought of religion as being a "promise" for there is life after death. From what I've read, in most religions you are only able to see your "God" after you die. You never see your "God" when you're alive. People who are scared of dying most likely turn to religion in order to feel safe so they know they're going to a "Better Place".

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincebaby
Ok.
I sippose your right but are all religions right and what they preach.
Such as "holy war" on America.
I mean has religion really helped humanity or achieve any thing besides anger and arguments.
Also New Zealand has a Christian political party formed on 18/09/2007

Of course all religions aren't right, that would be absurd. That would be like saying all politicians are right. The moral and ethical basics of most organised religion is rooted in a good understanding of how human beings should be. For example, not killing one another. These teachings are right, in the moral sense anyway. The problem with religion is that to reach the most amount of people, they make the majority of their statements very vague or spread out, sometimes even contradictory. That way, someone will always find the answer they want from within a scripture. Hence why religious fundamentalists have found reason for religious war many times in the last 2000 years. From the Crusades, to the modern day Jihad, they are just some peoples manipulation of religious ideology for their own personal gain.

It could be argued that religion has helped through out the years, in bringing cultures and people together and producing some wonderful art and architecture. However, the misery and suffering caused by those speaking in the name of the Lord is also unmistakeable. I see religion the same way as any ideology, like communism or capitalism. It is a good notion, but one never wholly applicable, and it thereby always goes wrong.

top topics

join