It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article on conspiracy sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
article on conspiracy sites:

From survivalists to conspiracy theorists to the remnants of the crowd that predicted the end of civilization when the year 2000 arrived, the global war on terror is providing a feeding frenzy of dangers to warn about.

complete story: www.centredaily.com...

I invited the author to come check out ATS.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Holy crap this is my local paper! Small world...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
After reading the article, it sounds like the guy wouldn't be too impressed with ATS.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
He probably will come and check us out and we will be the basis for his next story. All good if you ask me if he doesn't potray us all as a bunch of nuts.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Kinda goes along with a thread of mine dealing with "As with all conspiracies, the facts do not matter"...

I noticed that the author of the article mentions three specific sites, all of which deal in terror related or world event related analysis and compilations of information, revolving around the 'threats' and coming castastrophe(s).

'Hype' is a far more factual motivator of 'fear' than almost 'fear' itself.......again, the more one reads something, despite very little facts to no facts being presented or facts that have been twisted and skewed to fit agendas, the more people get 'hyped' and the more they flock to such sites, and others that the author did not mention (probably because they are so numerous).

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm kinda curious how he can be so sure of this statement:

Official government agencies ignore these sites and their dire warnings. Similar warnings in late August predicted a massive attack coinciding with the Sept. 11 two-year anniversary that never happened.

top topics

join