It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by wantsome
I'm bored someone bomb someone already I need something good to watch on TV.

+1

+2

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
My point was that the current threat of Iran gaining nuclear energy/power is absurd considering that they actually need it, we recognized they needed it and they haven't declared any intentions to make nuclear arms.

I have nothing against Iran having nuclear energy. Unfortunately they've gone about it the wrong way. They lied to the IAEA for years about their program and when they were called on it they got all defensive and started banging on about "their right". Well, sorry, but they signed up to the NPT and they should follow the rules. They can't just play along when it suits them. Now there's a trust issue - and they don't want to resolve it. What are we supposed to think?

And it isn't just the evil USA who aren't happy. Nobody is happy with the way Iran have gone about things. But of course everybody conveniently forgets that fact and paints the US as the bad guys. Not that I'm saying they're perfect of course.....far from it.

And yes, yes, I know.....what about Israel's nukes? Pakistan's? Well here's the deal; the world is screwed up. There's hypocrisy and double-standards everywhere. Always has been, always will be. That doesn't mean we should just give up and let everybody do what they want without fear of repercussion. As far as I'm concerned, Iran got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and now they need a smack on the wrist. Unlucky for them. The UN should be the ones to deal with such situations, but they just sit around all day having meetings while everybody plays them for fools....Iran, Israel, the USA......I mean what's the point??? Maybe if the UN was an effective world police force instead of a pointless debating society we wouldn't have situations like Iraq and Iran. Instead they're just as useless as the League of Nations they replaced

Sorry, that turned into a rant

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am new here - I was tempted to sign up reading the wild speculation in the "lost missile" thread. I saw the "Israel bombs Syria" news here first, on the day it happened. It may have been on Drudge too, but it sure wasn't anywhere mainstream. So now I'm addicted, thanks a lot. I would like to comment on the "coming" Iran war. Nobody likes war, but war is sometimes necessary.

Anyway, in my opinion, the Iraq war was not about oil, or wmd's, but part of a bigger plan, that includes Iran and Syria. All three had to go, who would you attack first? Iraq is just the lead up to Iran.

some more of my opinion to back it up -
remember Iran vs Iraq? Saddam could never transparently be rid of his WMD's, he wanted it to be an unknown state to deter Iran. The inspectors were confounded for this reason, he would rather face us than Iran.
We were probably trying to expose Saddam's programs for what they were, in hopes of Iran capitalizing on it, let them beat each other up a bit before moving in. What else could be the purpose of the inspectors, we knew he didn't have anything but WMD programs in their infancy.
Anyway, I think the excuse should have been to "make sure he doesn't have any wmd's" So, now we're sure. What Saddam was very capable of doing is financially supporting terror groups. And we know that's not happening anymore. Iraq was just the logical first choice.

So now Iran is next, and I saw this coming when we were beating the drums for Iraq. I am not surprised. If any of these guys attain nukes, then nukes WILL be used. Suicidal maniac rewarded in the afterlife according to destruction should NOT have nuclear weapons.

If the US wages war against Iran it will be kept conventional. MAD is still alive and well. That's why this has to happen BEFORE they get the bomb.
Even if Iran uses it's one and only nuke, we probably not respond in kind, since we are fuly aware of the consequences.

I view current world politics as a big "king of the hill" game. The nearest contenders are trying to push the top guy off. And might makes right.
Just think about who else could be in the top position and imagine what they would do to maintain it. Just imagine. Then compare what you imagine to what the US does. Would you prefer China maybe? or maybe Russia?
How about a global caliphate? Maybe the EU? Thats the short list. The list changes over time - Germany, Japan, Spain, UK were all on the short list. Remember what they did, the death in pursuit of this position we find ourselves in. All is fair in Love and War.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
It's your kind and attitude that gives America a bad reputation.

Thats easy to say so please elaborate.
What attitude are you talking about? Being Patriotic?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

Being ignorant and thinking it's funny.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
[What do you know of patriotism?

Apparently more than you. Way to answer a question with a question.

I believe I am correct when I say this, but 11bravo has been to Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

What have you done?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater

+1

+2

+3

SPARTA!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swordbeast
Alright, this is the moment to make sure that
1. Everybody knows the important stuff from the survival boards
2. Food, water and batteries are ready in sufficient quantity
3. Plans are established to leave the cities on short notice
4. Different possible move-to locations are ready, stocked up and all subjectively important people are informed.

I'm afraid the signs of the times couldn't be more clear if they wanted to be.
I know I'm prepped, are you?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm on another board dedicated to the Bird Flu. It's called Avian Flu Talk if you care to join us. Most of us have our 'preps' or preparations for pandemic disaster. Here's some quick tips - when you store water, fill it all the way to the top with no air inside the bottle, even in the cap. Nonprepared foods are best cuz they need no electricity to cook - peanut butter and tuna can be eaten uncooked. Stockpile food, supplies and medical supplies.

I live on the west coast, that'd be where iran would fire a nuclear missile. It's my opinion they hate the jews worse than the US and so Israel is the primary target.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow its weird i was just reading this thread and a Ministry song came on called Wrong. The lyrics had a insert of George Bush saying " I have a message for Iran... Go Home and Die!

check it out

lyrics

You're wrong everytime

What makes you think you've got a god given right
For killing people in a needless fight
You're like a rapist with a target in sight
Democracy!

Whoever told you that you were bright
The skull and bones the conservative right
you're like a plague turning day into night
Atrocity!

What makes you think that you could start this mess
then crawl away to a world you detest
You're #ing evil but you couldnt care less
Conspiracy!

What makes you think that we could ever believe
A major liar with a minor in greed
You make a profit off the people in need
hypocrisy!

You're time is coming and it wont be long
the bill of rights is now the bill of wrong
already proven that you don't belong
In History!

Your time is over-you'll be out on the street
what do you say to the people you meet
i saved the world because i didn't repeat
my policy

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Big deal, another threat from Iran. They're stating that they can hit a target at up to 2000 Km? A target like what? What is their accuracy? My guess is that they're full of it just like all the other outlandish things that regime has claimed. Let them try to attack any of our interests, let alone American bases or Troops. We'll blow they're Old hyped up technology out of the sky before they even realized the missle has been fully launched. The US Military acknowleges the use and current deployment of directed energy weapons that can burn an ICBM or even a satellite out of the sky, and Iran is bragging about a 2000 km missile capabilty, what a joke. I'll take this as seriously as I took the words out of Ahmadinejad's mouth when he said the Holocost never happened. We'll see in a few months how good their missles are when there's a 3 day Shock and Awe campaign that turns Iran into Iraq. The occupation is what's gonna suck. Hopefully the Iranian's will embrace freedom and democracy and not kill their own people due to different religious beleifs. I'm not muslim and I NEVER will be, but killing other people of your same basic religion because they followed a different family member of the supposed prophet is.. nevermind sorry off topic. Anyway, Face it Middle Eastern Oil Belongs to the west. It started when the Ottoman Empire was broken apart and divided up among the european nations after WW1, as to not let there be an Arab state controlling all the oil. If the People of the middle east were stupid enough to let it happen, their fault. Palastine should have fought harder for their land in the first place. Whoops, off topic. Sorry!! Iran's got it coming, we'll just see when. I'll be watching it on CNN with a beer.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
yea ive been through alot of ats forums and some are very entertaining and i must say that this one has the most down syndrome users posting.

where my baasse baaallll??????

---------------------------------------

Mod Note

Please read:

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

Courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Ladies and Gentlemen, president bush

[applause]

Good evening,
Today, coalition members started strategic airstrikes against targets in outlying Iran.
We are striking hard, and fast against terrorists who are attacking a free, and democratic Iraq.
They have no right to militarily involve them self with Iraq, Iraq is a soveriegn nation.
Shortly after we dropped 2000 missiles/bombs over terrorist towns, and villages... Iran retaliated by committing a series of terrorist attacks.

They bombed our soliders, who are fighting for freedom.
They bombed our officials, who are fighting for democracy.
And they bombed our hired security contractors, who arent even military.. but civilian, moms and dads, friends and neighbours.

Iran has engaged in a deadly series of terrorist attacks, and I feel fully justified in letting them know how America deals with terrorists.

I know I have the full backing of all patriotic peace loving Americans, when I say we need to drop the weapon of freedom on Tehran, to stop these haneous terrorist attacks.
I perceived these wishes of the American people, and dropped 3 megatone devices over Tehran, and its industrial section.

We must take no notice of wild conspiracy theories, or traitors whom claim to describe this as a war crime.
We were vicously attacked 6years ago, but terrorists NO different to Iranians, and that is why my obliteration is justified.

I have envoked the powers granted by congress, allowing a ceasation of elections in America during a war-time like situation.
We are at war with an enemy, so powerful and so deadly we dont even know who they are or where they are, all we know is that Iran need to be dealt with.
I will lead America into a new dark age, I mean golden age... and trust our friends Israel will fight for our side against freedom, urr I mean terrorists.

Thankyou for your time, and my god bless America.

well if history is a guide, then we shouldn't be surprised if we have a false flag attack courtesy of our "friends" and than a "retalitory" bomb party in Iran (heck maybe can trace to Syria as well) as well as an opportunity for the ........media to try and polarize a nation along the lines of "with us or against us"

This will occur. The "rough draft" of this war was written over a decade ago, and it is a long drawn out war. The timing and details fall into place when the propoganda and economic conditions are met. There will be many, many more deaths on both sides. You can COUNT on that.

U.S has best bread and circuses = breeding a very apathetic bunch

An economic crash will likely be triggered down the line domestically as well and the NAU will be formed and people will suffer so badly they will "beg" for it. This is what the patterns of history show me is likely to happen.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
well , I have been scanning this thread and to my mind no one will really understands the middle east unless they know their Bible
Iran [ Persia] according to [debkafile] debka.com and other sources is funding terrorism in Gaza, Syria and Iraq
with Putins encouragement
At some point in the future some nation is going to attack Israel because of the inherent hatred of the arab Ishmael way back in the book of Genesis -because the Father of the Faithfull Abraham believed he would have a miracle son as God told him, when he was a hundred years old and his wife was old and past child bearing as well.
So Isaac was born and his descendants Israel and his 12 sons are the receivers of the promise to bring salvation to all the earth through the promised Massiah Christ as the Book fully explains
He came and was murdered as required for all mans sin but the Jews did not recognise Him at that time [ Isaiah 53 describes His time on the cross]
when He returns they will
Book of Ezekiel predicts that Russia, Iran, Libya and Turkey will get burnt to death on the slopes of Israel, for attacking her on her God given land which is Judea Samaria, Gaza, the so called occupied territories are occupied by Palestinian terrorists according to my Bible- that land was given to Israel through Abraham 3500 years ago
and Israel will one day live peace there when all their enemies are punished and submitted to God
Gene12:3
bless the Jew- be blessed
Curse the Jew- be cursed
God said it and He means it
look at the so called occupiers who have come and gone from histories stage
may lesser nations afflicted the Jews and they have vanished like the Amelkites, the Edomites etc
Empires have vanished as well for overstepping God's licence:
Assyrians
Persians
Egyptians
Greeks
Romans
Arabs
Ottomans
Britain
US? if they support Israel's full right to the Land they will be settled on their own- if they continue to bribe her to give up her God given land to terrorists then the US is in danger of losing her heartland
God does not fool around
yrs
Y

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
yacov

didn't "god" say beware of those who say they are jews and are not-they lie.

maybe people should look at that one as well

but welcome aboard to ATS

[edit on 19-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Forgot to mention the Babylonians- an immense empire long gone who afflicted Israel for their sins but whose leader Nebuchadnezzar was taught a lesson by God Himself on pride
after eating grass for seven years old Nebo woke up and acknowledged the God of the Jews as the only God of all
If you want to understand the powers that are operating world wide check out the book of Daniel- the key to world movement of nations that swirl around Israel
Daniel was given insight to all the nations history and future on this earth through dreams and angelic visitation that have been proved to be true by history itself and recorded and confirmed in that book and other Jewish prophetic books right to our day
Ezekiel and Zecharia seem to predict nuclear effects that are still to be fullfilled
yrs
Y

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Iran has been relativly quiet compared to the bullying Bush.

*COUGH COUGH* excuse me? Maybe you missed the half dozen or so times now that Iran has publically announced that Israel must die OR the two or three times now that they have directly threatened the US. Surely that's at least "relatively equal" to the "bullying bush", if not "relatively loud". This comment alone certainly shows where your allegiances are.
Uhhh.. Im not Israeli. I am American and dont care to police the world. The few things said about America were certainly not unprovoked.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
yacov

didn't "god" say beware of those who say they are jews and are not-they lie.

maybe people should look at that one as well

but welcome aboard to ATS

[edit on 19-9-2007 by cpdaman]

Too true CPdaman but that was written , I think by Paul to believing Jews [ who knew the Messiah Jeshuah] to beware the false Jews of which Paul was one once , before he came to know Christ personally as the Saviour of all on the road to Damascus.
Worth investigating but depends where one is in the 'Matrix' and whether open to 'revelation'
Thanks for the welcome!
Love to converse with folks who can conjecture outside the 'box' and really like the forum set up
yrs
Y off to bed

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater

+1

+2

It would be real interesting to watch your house being bombed and then hearing on the news the comments you made wishing it on others... that # would be funny.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

newsmax.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe this helps explain Iran's latest chest-thumping. They are simply afraid. The Iranian Ahjamminminimebad (however you spell it) has repeatedly threatened to wipe Israel off the map, and now all of HIS ranting--he's bitten off more than he can chew and he's afraid that he's next!

The Iranians announced Tuesday morning that they were blocking Gmail and Google access to Internet users inside Iran.

I almost think that forums like ATS might be responsible for this move

Originally posted by section8citizen
This is a very scary situation and I do not like it one bit. I can not fault Iran. They have been hearing about how they will be attacked for months, now they are making it clear they will not just roll over for anyone. This is going to get ugly fast.

Of course they've been hearing about how they are going to be attacked. More accurately, they've been hearing about how the U.S. and the West will NOT convert to Islam as this maniac in Iran has demanded in more than one speech. This is not a case of "bullying" by the U.S. Why is it when the biggest one on the block is a "bully" when he responds to the tauntings of the little twirps with the big mouths? This little twirp "Iran" has backed terrorism, taken American citizens hostage (remember Jimmy Carter and the Shah?) repeatedly threatened Israel AND the U.S. directly with destruction.

I've grown tired of the "Big Bad USA" thing just because people are too young to remember, don't know their history, or believe that being pacifistic will solve some of the world's problems. If we bomb Iran tomorrow, I'll breath a sigh of relief in realizing that my country still has some pride in itself by not letting some uncivilized Non-Citizen twirp tell it how it needs to be.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by CreeWolf]

[edit on 19-9-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Maybe if the Whitehouse could crawl out of Israel's arse and see the sunshine and realise that Israel should never have existed in the first place, then maybe realise why places like Iran etc are feeling threatened

Why shouldn't Israel have existed? And why would a mandate from the UN 70 years ago make Iran feel threatened now? If I am not mistaken, Iran sends funds and weapons (along with other Middle Eastern countries) to the "resistance" fighters or as we would know them, terrorists, against Israel. So who should they feel "threatened"?

Besides, if Israel should never have existed because it was unfair to the Arabs who lived there. Then add: UK [your country] (those Celts were treated unfairly by the Anglo Saxons), US (Native Americans and Mexicans?), Australia (Aborigines ), etc. to countries that should have NEVER existed.

According to your logic, or lack of it that is. Whichever you like

Iran never ever threatened Israel, this is just media spin that is so easily swallowed by the unwitting public.

Not saying one way or another. But how do you know? Have you seen the videos of Ahmadenijad speaking and more importantly, do you speak Farsi? I would think that people who say Ahmadenijad did not say Israel should be destroyed are just as ignorant as people who say he did say it considering neither knows how to speak the language.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Instigated, that is what they call the attacks of 911, 'instigated by al qaeda, they dont even bother to point the finger at who dun it and give the perps a real name. Now this is the current pattern of the mounting conflict and how else will it end than in war? We couldnt even find an exit strategy now if we wanted to. Nope were in deep.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join