It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets

www.telegraph.co.uk

Iran threatened to fire long-range missiles at American targets in the Middle East yesterday as the war of words between Teheran and the West continued to escalate.

"Today the Americans are around our country but this does not mean that they are encircling us. They are encircled themselves and are within our range,"

Gen Koussechi added: "We have reached capacities that allow us to hit the enemy at a range of 2,000 kilometres."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Iran has been relativly quiet compared to the bullying Bush. Now it seems Iran is standing up for itself. Perhaps this will initiate the conflict Bush and Cheney so desire.

Each day we get closer.
Time reveals all.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Man.....this is scary......seems like everyday we are getting closer and closer to war. I have a feeling that between now and Friday alot of things are going to happen to escalate this whole situation alot more.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie
Man.....this is scary......seems like everyday we are getting closer and closer to war. I have a feeling that between now and Friday alot of things are going to happen to escalate this whole situation alot more.

I agree. I think there probably is something to the suspicious trading. Also with things so tense between the US and Iran... something has got to give.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Lol i jsut thought of this... 9/18/2007 9+18=27 2+7=9 then take the 2 and the 7 in 2007 and u also get 9 and 9+9=18 weird huh? lol

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Oh joy.

I hope this is more saber rattling.

I can't help but wonder if Iran intends on striking troops in the middle east or if they have plans to strike us here in the U.S. Mainland. I also wonder if that does happen if it'll really be Iran that did it.

Good find AllSeeingI. Flagged.

apc

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
They have threatened and only have the capability to strike our forces in the ME.

Saber rattling. They know giving us an excuse to demolish them would be a very bad idea.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
They have threatened and only have the capability to strike our forces in the ME.

Saber rattling. They know giving us an excuse to demolish them would be a very bad idea.

Well that really depends on if they have any allies to come to their(Iran's) aid. IMO anyway

Anyone know if Israel is within 2,000 kilometres from Iran?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, president bush

[applause]

Good evening,
Today, coalition members started strategic airstrikes against targets in outlying Iran.
We are striking hard, and fast against terrorists who are attacking a free, and democratic Iraq.
They have no right to militarily involve them self with Iraq, Iraq is a soveriegn nation.
Shortly after we dropped 2000 missiles/bombs over terrorist towns, and villages... Iran retaliated by committing a series of terrorist attacks.

They bombed our soliders, who are fighting for freedom.
They bombed our officials, who are fighting for democracy.
And they bombed our hired security contractors, who arent even military.. but civilian, moms and dads, friends and neighbours.

Iran has engaged in a deadly series of terrorist attacks, and I feel fully justified in letting them know how America deals with terrorists.

I know I have the full backing of all patriotic peace loving Americans, when I say we need to drop the weapon of freedom on Tehran, to stop these haneous terrorist attacks.
I perceived these wishes of the American people, and dropped 3 megatone devices over Tehran, and its industrial section.

We must take no notice of wild conspiracy theories, or traitors whom claim to describe this as a war crime.
We were vicously attacked 6years ago, but terrorists NO different to Iranians, and that is why my obliteration is justified.

I have envoked the powers granted by congress, allowing a ceasation of elections in America during a war-time like situation.
We are at war with an enemy, so powerful and so deadly we dont even know who they are or where they are, all we know is that Iran need to be dealt with.
I will lead America into a new dark age, I mean golden age... and trust our friends Israel will fight for our side against freedom, urr I mean terrorists.

Thankyou for your time, and my god bless America.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It's no big deal. They are simply stating that if they are hit, they can hit back.
Iran is not going to be the one to instigate any aggressive actions. Iran is not calling for attacks against the USA or anyone else, except in retaliation to any attacks at the hands of the US (or Israel), and rightly so IMHO.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Distance from Tehran to Jerusalem Distance is 1569 kilometers or 975 miles or 847 nautical miles.

www.timeanddate.com...

I remember seeing that Russia had sold Iran medium range missiles that could hit most of Europe. If I remember right, Paris/ London were just outside of the range of those medium range missile. If I can find the article Ill post it.

(Edit)Found a article discussing it.

Iran's missile strike range, maybe?

[edit on 18/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Iranian General Tells US: We Have You in Our Sights

[edit on (9/18/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is a very scary situation and I do not like it one bit. I can not fault Iran. They have been hearing about how they will be attacked for months, now they are making it clear they will not just roll over for anyone. This is going to get ugly fast.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
crap, now the NeoCons can fire a couple cruise missles at Kuwait and start the war in Iran

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
This is going to get ugly fast.

I would really like to disagree with you here, but unfortunately I don't. There seems to be absolutely no way anyone is going to back down and you can only threaten each other with military action so much..

Agit8dChop, nice speech, GWB's "advisors" are probably feeding it to him as we speak...

[edit on 18/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Alright, this is the moment to make sure that
1. Everybody knows the important stuff from the survival boards
2. Food, water and batteries are ready in sufficient quantity
3. Plans are established to leave the cities on short notice
4. Different possible move-to locations are ready, stocked up and all subjectively important people are informed.

I'm afraid the signs of the times couldn't be more clear if they wanted to be.
I know I'm prepped, are you?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I wonder if Iran is supplied with targeting intelligence from Russia?

If they don't have some kind of intel gathering capacity they wont hit a bloody thing with those missiles...

Does anybody know about Iranian intelligence gathering capabilities and resources???

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If you read the article they never actually say they are aiming the missiles at us.They just state the capablities and say if the U.S. has targets in Iran than surely we will target the U.S.

Not like they said the missiles are aimed at you right now.Although it is still another frightening step towards some crazy ^&%$.I'm looking at it this way,I feel it's inevitable so at least we will get to watch some crazy stuff on the news.You have to admit watching the "shock and awe" of Iraq was pretty exciting.

Well just imagine this.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's like two guys about to fight surrounded by a bunch of other guys watching. The curses and insults have been spat between them and now they are starting to stretch their muscles and take off their shirt. Who would risk his pride, after so much talk to back down? especially in front of the crowd?

And who will win the fight? The new comer on the block or the ancient hometown hero?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join