It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for prolonged turmoil, says US Treasury Secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Prepare for prolonged turmoil, says US Treasury Secretary

business.timesonline.co.uk

Investors should brace themselves for a prolonged period of market turmoil, Henry Paulson, the US Treasury Secretary, said yesterday as he held emergency meetings with the Chancellor and the French Finance Minister.

Mr Paulson flew to London to discuss the financial crisis with Alistair Darling as markets remained in the grip of anxieties over the continuing toll from the global credit squeeze.

“It will take a while to work through the turbulence in capital markets.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Could be a warning sign. Perhaps the suspicious put options predicting a stock market collapse by Sept 21 will prove to be true.

Mystery Trader To Collect On Financial Meltdown?
Suspicion increases about so-called Bin Laden trades as markets tumble after bank run

business.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Just don't sell your stocks, and you'll be fine. If more people would just remember this, and sit on what they have, there would be no crash. All too often though, people have it set up to sell automatically if the stock drops below a certain threshold, which is a bad idea. This means that they'll lose money, and further push the market down.

I can say this though, if something like that happens, I'm not selling my stocks; I'll be buying everyone else's while I can. Will benefit me greatly.

I predict no crash in the foreseeable future.

TheBorg

join