It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes villagers ill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Meteorite makes villagers ill

The Daily Telegraph

VILLAGERS in southern Peru have been struck by a mysterious illness after a meteorite made a fiery crash to Earth in their area.

Around midday Saturday, villagers were startled by an explosion and a fireball that many were convinced was a plane crashing near their remote village, in the high Andes department of Puno in the Desaguadero region, near the border with Bolivia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Fairly interesting stuff. I can't think of any other incidents where a meteorite has caused such symptoms.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It's certainly possible. Some of these space rocks are thought to carry organic matter. When it crashes through our atmosphere, those organic compounds would react from the heat and possibly turn into something toxic.

"Boiling water started coming out of the crater and particles of rock and cinders were found nearby. Residents are very concerned," [...]

Certainly a good way to spread noxious gasses.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There was a zombie movie that started like this, except the meteorite hit in Australia. They're not turning into zombies are they?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm from Australia, and I haven't noticed anything funny . . .

People are forgetting that the thing that is making the villagers sick may not actually be from the meteorite, but from what it released from the ground when it hit at supersonic speeds and such.

btw, already being discussed here: Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
that is a valid point the post before me brings up. we all to often jump to conclusions. we should watch this closely and see what comes from it..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Please discuss in Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!.

Thanks.

Closed

top topics

join