It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Scientists say the "sickness" that struck locals after a meteorite crash is mass hysteria. »
yahoo article.

who knows what it really is wether just an asteroid, satellite or ufo. or whatever it was. with a response like MASS HYSTERIA there is without a doubt some kind of coverup. there is no such thing as mass hysteria. unless all the people were on some kinda drug at the same time. here is an article linked to that bogus mass hysteria ploy that provides a logical explaination.

education.yahoo.com...

particles of mars hit the earth all the time and with the recent finding of bacteria from mars this is an acceptable explaination or if they just said it was the release of heated Arsenic from the ground (stated in the article) also would have been acceptable.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here's the latest from Earthfiles.com:

www.earthfiles.com...

STM

[edit on 9/27/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am not saying I believe everthing that scientist say, but I will believe them before I believe something said or done in the name of god. Atleast scientist use tangible facts not just faith based beliefs. Government scientist are full of crap but not all scientist work for the government. Sometimes your gut feeling is right and my gut feeling was that the end of the world or even a good cover up wasnt going to start in Peru.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEmilitist

Hey if you want some Zombie info check out "The Serpent and the Rainbow" Great movie.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEmilitist

Hey if you want some Zombie info check out "The Serpent and the Rainbow" Great movie.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have no idea, but could this be anything related to it?
space.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you mean that the meteorite was that capsule, then I think it is not.

First, this happened on the 26th, the meteorite fell on the 15th, if I am not mistaken.

Second, the capsule that was expected to fall to Earth was only a 40cm, 5.5Kg and would fall with a parachute on Kazakhstan.

Edit: it did fell on Kazakhstan.

Foton-M3 experiments return to Earth

[edit on 28/9/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Khazakstan sure is a popular place lately what with that and the 5 suns phenomena.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
They say if it was a satelite then it was a specific one that is bigger and badder than the rest and yes it was nuclear powered. I forgot the name its in previous posts

[edit on 09/22/2007 by Sekhemet]

The Reconnaissance/Spy Satellite known as the KH-13 is part of the X8 program. The KH-13 weighs slightly over 20 tons and is roughly the shape of a bus. It has a matte grayish black finish and contains the latest optical & radar stealth technologies. There are no solar panels. Power is supplied by a thermal nuclear fission reactor (Project Invictus). Reactor output is in the range of 3MW (thermal) with a thermoelectric system (manufactured by the Astro-Space Division of the General Electric Co.) delivering up to 150 kW (electrical). The reactor also provides propulsion. Nuclear fission heats a hydrogen propellant which is stored as a liquid. The hot gas (about 2500°C) is expelled through nozzles to give thrust. This is more efficient than chemical reactions.

If the satellite were destroyed in space,and the power source (radioactive isotope Pu-238 surviving re-entry and crashing in a remote region of the South American Nation of Peru)...it could look like a meteorite..just a mass of hot melted "rock"...and would also cause

"More than 150 people have shown up with dermal injuries, which include heat burns. Most of the other casualties have reported feeling nauseous, suffering from respiratory problems, dizziness and had been vomiting :

According to Peru's La Republica newspaper, due to the high number of illnesses, district authorities are considering placing the town of Carancas, Puno, Peru in a state of emergency."

article
www.prisonplanet.com...
Peru : Meteorite, Or A Crashed US Spy Satellite?

peace

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Here's the latest from Earthfiles.com:

www.earthfiles.com...

STM

[edit on 9/27/2007 by seentoomuch]

Read that link guys if you missed it

First results of meteorite samples analyzed.

HOW MUCH METEORITE DID YOU RECOVER?

Just some small pieces of 5 centimeters (2 inches). The fragments were collected first by the local police (from residents who gathered them) and the police gave us some pieces. [ See preliminary report below.]

Sampling by the INGEMMET scientist has been only partial. When she arrived, 36 hours later than the impact occurred, most major fragments had been taken by villagers.

Naked-eye observations show fine grained, light grey, fragile rocky material with disseminated iron of 1mm diameter (figures 4, 5, and 6).
MORE IMAGES TO BE ADDED.

Thin and polished sections were prepared for petro-mineralogic determinations under optical microscope. They revealed chondritic texture, and a mineral composition including pyroxene, olivine, iron, troilite, and alkali (?) feldspar.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And so another mystery fades away............

Anybody heard anything new on this? havn't they drained that hole of water yet?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I found this on MSNBC

Meteorite case closed?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't know if this has already been posted already, but this site has an excellent record of the meteorite and the event, witnesses, etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks for that link, I just emailed the guy trying to find out some more info as there wasn't too much on the site we didnt already know.. except some peoples windows got blown out as the meteor passed... someones house got a big hole in the roof from a mud rock hitting it........ and they have samples of ..rock he says is meteor... I will post back any reply I get from him if I get one.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Scientist Confirms Meteorite in Puno, Peru is a Chondrite

Peru's official government news agency reported this afternoon that scientists which went to the town of Carancas in the Region of Puno, Peru, have confirmed that the glowing object which fell from the sky on Saturday afternoon was indeed a meteorite.

www.livinginperu.com...

According to Peru's La Republica newspaper, due to the high number of illnesses, district authorities are considering placing the town of Carancas, Puno, Peru in a state of emergency. It has been reported that at least 600 people have been affected by the meteorite.

www.livinginperu.com...

All old maybe but thats news to me now 600 plus ill state of emergency?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Email back from Mike at [email protected].

It is a common but very large meteorite, nothing else. They are preparing to excavate the meteorite now. mike

I had emailed and asked him when they are going to drain the hole and that theres speculation it may have been a satelite and all that... so that was his reply.

Emailed him again asking if 600 people realy got ill, his reply..

It is all hype, I am fluent in Spanish, lived in Panama and Colombia for years. About 30 people were sickened, mostly from hysteria. There was strong sulfur smell, not odd for a meteorite this large. mike

What can you say.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Funny, in the beginning pages of this thread people were thinking the world was going to end, lol.

It's called "deny ignorance" people.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No, it's called over-exaggeration. People want things to be mystical, as that would validate any religious beliefs that they have. For example, some Christians might have thought this could have been a sign from God that we're being evil. That's a weak example, I know, but it's merely designed to illustrate the proper perspective when it comes to things of this nature.

To me though, it's just another meteorite that fell from the sky, and is being taken by some very smart, and now rich person for study. Too bad that I didn't get there first.

TheBorg

<< 12  13  14   >>

join