It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UF Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Lex I'm not gonna slam you. Its hard to get the full picture. Why were cops in there in the begin with? Why were they not by the doors? Two cops were already behind Andrew when he first spoke along with two other men in a suit. Must have been univeristy staff. They were already tapping his shoulder before he could even finish.

As a ex security guard trained as a unarmed security guard trained by a Wakenhut instructor. I find the actions of the police shocking. It was excessive force. Not one time did Andrew hit any of the officers. If he did that then they should have used the nessesary force to detain him.

Before people come to a decsion people should look at all angles before declaring Andrew at fault.

Find and watch the entire video of this question forum.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36
The thing that gets me agitated the most about
this video, and I'm not sure if anyone fellow
members have noticed.....

At the point in the video where the student
is dragged into the middle isle while shouting,
one JBT backs up a few feet and is clearly seen
drawing a pistol and assumes a shooters stance
in the middle of a crowded room with a United States
Senator looking on.

OMG!!!!!

No I never saw that!!! The only time you should draw your weapon is when that officer in in grave danger and he was NOT!!!!

Now does anyone want to step forward and say this young man deserved this?!!! He was lucky he wasn't killed.

At 5:14 you can clearly see the officer have his weapon drawn and pointed.

My gosh what was that officer thinking of?

In that room I would guess there was minimum 200-300 students in there.

The officer should turn in his badge and gun. Because he was in no danger.

Inciting a riot thats bull. That officer is lucky his gun didn't discharge and cause panic with the other students.

Patriot36 great find.
This just blew the lid off of this incident.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
How exactly do you distinguish between criminals and civilians? When does a person be considered a criminal?

Probably when they either threaten themselves, others or the police. When did this guy do any of that? When in fact he pleaded to not be tasered. He was screaming for help. Criminals usually don't act in this manner. Unless you believe he is a thought criminal.

So, you believe in guilty until proven innocent huh? No wonder our country is going down the tubes. When people think it's acceptable for the police to use excessive force and brutality/torture is the day we all perish. Welcome to that day.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Firstly, this guy pulls stunts like this on a regular basis and posts them on youtube... He is an attention hound.

And that gives the cops the right to taser him several times? Like I said, this mentality is going to get us into trouble people.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Probably when they either threaten themselves, others or the police. When did this guy do any of that? When in fact he pleaded to not be tasered. He was screaming for help. Criminals usually don't act in this manner. Unless you believe he is a thought criminal.

Did they tazed him the moment he had the mic in his hand or the time when he was resisting? You ask yourself when you should start tazing.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Did they tazed him the moment he had the mic in his hand or the time when he was resisting? You ask yourself when you should start tazing.

No. They cut the mic, he said WTF? and then they started to manhandle him.

At what point before they laid a finger on him was he a threat? Answer that simple question.

And no, getting a little loud is not threatening (unless you're a 70 year old woman.....who they'd throw to the ground or taser also btw).

[edit on 9/19/2007 by Griff]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Retraction-

I did say before the way the officer held the weapon in question. I assumed it was a gun. Based on the UPD report it mentioned that a officer pulled out the x-26 taser.

I called a staff member from University of Florida after she reviewed the video I sent her. She was not able to tell if the officer pulled out a gun or the x-26 taser.

During the video as he held out the weapon I saw a white object under where the barrel was supposed to be. Perhaps a light which is shown on the x-26.

That would still be a danger to the other students if that taser did misfire and hit a innocent.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

At what point before they laid a finger on him was he a threat? Answer that simple question.

Simple, they want him to leave, he refused, he resisted as they tried to take him away, they draw out the tazer gun. The end.

If you have a person who is refusing to leave and is resisting a security guard or equivalent you will get tazed. Not gonna waste time dealing with a person grabbing hold on to something to stay in the room.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Simple, they want him to leave, he refused, he resisted as they tried to take him away, they draw out the tazer gun. The end.

If you have a person who is refusing to leave and is resisting a security guard or equivalent you will get tazed. Not gonna waste time dealing with a person grabbing hold on to something to stay in the room.

He did nothng to warrant them putting their hands on him, They assaulted him without reason and pulled him a way while he was yelling "ARE YOU ARRESTING ME? no answer.

He abused a privilege but abusing a privilege doesn't give them the right to violate his rights

He wasn't on private property he was on a campus which is federally funded school in which he attends which gives him a right to be there.

what he did AT MOST warranted a CITATION and a warning, nothing he did warranted physical contact.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So now we must suppress our questions because the elective senators and other politicians can not answer it? Way to call US a democratic nation, that is what is bringing its name down the drain. Today this kid gets a tazar in him, tomorrow we get the electric chair for talking back to authority.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Thats EXACTLY why this type of crap continues to happen, This isn't a Democratic nation, It's a Constitutional Republic With a democratic election process.

Democracy = Majority rules
Constitutional Republic = Individuals rights are protected regardless of the Majority.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Leyla.. I retract my previous statement about the
pistol being drawn.
I did find another video from the opposite angle,
closer to the stage that shows very clearly that it was
a taser that was drawn.
It was on Alex's site but I do not have the link
as it was removed from the home page.
My apologies to fellow members.. I did not intend
to post false information.
That is a job for our government and the media.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

And that gives the cops the right to taser him several times? Like I said, this mentality is going to get us into trouble people.

First of all, it is one thing to ask a question, but something entirely different to make a scene. By the way, it is quite obvious that the guy was being very combative before they even tasered the guy. He was pushing and throwing punches before they even attempted to cuff him. Only in a politically correct smorgas board, such as America has become, would anyone try to justify the actions of the man.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
John kerry pulled his ear and they started the tased thingy

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Delta.. are you agreeing with the actions
of the police in tazering this guy????

I get soooooooooo suspicious when a member comes on and
instantly supports the powers that be.

the student was right ...Kerry did win ..
and the student was also right in asking a question that
others are too chicken to ask....

he is a brave student and he tried to stand up for the
for the rest of us..... I salute him

top topics

<< 1   >>

join