It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UF Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The title basically says everything. The guy was asking questions to which Kerry said he would answer, then the Pigs decide they want to arrest him.
What in the hell is this world coming to???? You get arrested for asking a question?



[edit on 18-9-2007 by Wizard_1988]




posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
you cant freely speak your mind without getting arrested what can I say... And we live in the land of the free...



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am really shaken up by this.... Not that this is the first time I saw a video like this but come on... This is getting scary.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There was no need to taser him, he said he would go if they let him go. He was helpless on the floor and they taser him? doesn't make sense.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_1988
I am really shaken up by this.... Not that this is the first time I saw a video like this but come on... This is getting scary.

Yeah why is there so much more bad things about cops lately?



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Your seeing more of these stories because "we" are the bad guys. Police back in the "old days" were actually friends with the public. They were encouraged to talk to the people, be friendly, be helpful. They would pull over on the side of the road and help you change a tire. They would help you if you were lost. Now police no longer view themselves as friends with the public. It is an "us vs them" mentality. Almost as if being a police officer is a whole different citizenship.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizard_1988
 


hopefully he sues the police
for excess use of violance against him



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Boy, oh boy.
Gonna get slammed for this...

They cut his mic, ASKED him to leave.

He resisted. Repeatedly.

They TOLD him to stop resisting, or
he was going to be tasered.

HE is to blame for his situation.

Noone else. Him.

He's the problem, and people like him.

Amused,
Lex



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Do you understand the 'slippery slope' argument?

Yesterday - Cops tazering criminals.

Today - tazing children, women, students

Tomorrow - going to -your- house, dragging -you- outside and tazering you, oh, say, for not paying parking tickets?

You want that? Fine, remain 'amused'.

To me you just sound, well, ignorant of consequences.

Good luck in your world, where this doesn't happen to your children, grandparents.


Edit: Remember these are not 'criminals' they are 'civilians'. You don't use these things on the people that employ you. BTW, both these guys have been put on Admin. Leave.

Though white collar crime is no joke, the cops are using tactics developed for Predators on Civilians.

BTW, ISTM that without some kind of administrative support these beat cops would not feel enabled to get out the Tazer. If so, how weaselly of the admin to put them on leave.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Badge01]



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would like to see the minutes before the video starts. I heard a few reports that he cut in front of everyone in line and took the mic. He was also rather beligerent and ranting in his questioning. Had he waited his turn and asked in a more appropriate manner, I doubt it would have been a problem. When his mic was cut and he was asked to leave, he refused. When they attemtted to escort him away, he clearly resisted. I find it hard to believe that 6 cops couldn't get him into handcuffs without a taser, but had he cooperated and left when asked it wouldn't have happened. There are a lot of crazy theories tossed about on this site, I'll add me own crazy theory and wonder if this journalism student acted the way he did to get the publicity he is getting now.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Your seeing more of these stories because "we" are the bad guys. Police back in the "old days" were actually friends with the public. They were encouraged to talk to the people, be friendly, be helpful. They would pull over on the side of the road and help you change a tire. They would help you if you were lost. Now police no longer view themselves as friends with the public. It is an "us vs them" mentality. Almost as if being a police officer is a whole different citizenship.


You hit the nail on the head with that one. All people have to do is watch a few Andy Griffith shows to see how it really was back then.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nothing new here. Cops have been doing things like this to people in the ghetto for years. It is wrong on campus and it is wrong in the ghetto. The police state is here. Resist and get tazed.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger


You hit the nail on the head with that one. All people have to do is watch a few Andy Griffith shows to see how it really was back then.


Please tell me you're kidding. You guys really need to read a book, or maybe even talk to your parents a little.



posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I really think that there are freedom of speech issues here. Obviously
this student was trying to make his point and maybe he went a little too far
but.....taser him? No, what if we express ourselves over political issues overtly
and they can taser us why don't they follow hillarious clinton around.




posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by cloakndagger


You hit the nail on the head with that one. All people have to do is watch a few Andy Griffith shows to see how it really was back then.


Please tell me you're kidding. You guys really need to read a book, or maybe even talk to your parents a little.


Or find out about what white cops in the south used to do to black people. The reason we are seeing more of this is because big brother is backfiring on the cops as well as the other criminals. Just my opinion but I suspect that the more we see big brother (i.e. video cameras in even more places....if that's possible) the more cops will screw up and act like their true selves in front of the cameras. Not that I think all cops are bad. Just that the bad ones need policed more than the citizenry.



posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The thing that gets me agitated the most about
this video, and I'm not sure if anyone fellow
members have noticed.....

video.nbc6.net...

At the point in the video where the student
is dragged into the middle isle while shouting,
one JBT backs up a few feet and is clearly seen
drawing a pistol and assumes a shooters stance
in the middle of a crowded room with a United States
Senator looking on.

This one incident, in my opinion, is historical.
And for those who want to slam the student
saying maybe he was an attention troll or wanted
to cause a scene, I say someone has to cause a
scene and start the good fight against this police state
before it escalates and gets any worse in this country.

Kudos to the student and keep resisting...
That is what our country is based on.
The fight against tyranny and oppression.
The fight for liberty and the Bill of Rights/Constitution.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Patriot36]



posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
the only thing more disgusting than this video, is people supporting the use of police brutality, especially in this way. even kerry being the tool he is wanted to answer the question. I cant believe people would stand up for this poo...



posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Do you understand the 'slippery slope' argument?

Yesterday - Cops tazering criminals.

Today - tazing children, women, students

Tomorrow - going to -your- house, dragging -you- outside and tazering you, oh, say, for not paying parking tickets?

You want that? Fine, remain 'amused'.

To me you just sound, well, ignorant of consequences.

Good luck in your world, where this doesn't happen to your children, grandparents.


Edit: Remember these are not 'criminals' they are 'civilians'. You don't use these things on the people that employ you. BTW, both these guys have been put on Admin. Leave.



How exactly do you distinguish between criminals and civilians? When does a person be considered a criminal?



posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Firstly, this guy pulls stunts like this on a regular basis and posts them on youtube... He is an attention hound.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join