It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Free speech, blah, blah, blah.

Yes you do have the right to ask questions. But you do not have the right to have them answered.

This guy caused a disturbance, and it could have led to a riot, or even a mass murder spree.

This guy was obviously mentally disturbed.

Remember Virginia Tech?

I see where you are coming from with this view. But these representatives of our country (the people WE keep in power) should be obligated to answer our questions. They are our employees in a sense, and if they aren't answering to the public then who should they be answering to???? held in power by us and they should be held in check by us. The truth is our right especially considering what we the people give them, power(politically anyways). If you put someone in charge of building your house, they shouldn't build secret areas without you knowing.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
to all those concerned, please report to the Ministry of Truth.

there is nothing to see here, the cop's weren't "bad," they were "ungood."

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's best to try and find as many angles on this video on the net before posting your opinion, i have watched 3 different versions now and each one of them came across diffently and can easily be interpreted in favour of the student or indeed the University Security.

In my opinion the student didn't get up there to ask a number of questions for Kerry, his soul purpose was to rant and rave about admittedly something he felt very strongly about. Kerry couldn't have answered him anyway as he simply didn't get a chance to because the student was on a roll.

Of course you are entitled to freedom of speech, i'm not knocking that but the guy messed up from the way he came across, loudly down a mic upsetting a lot of people in the room. You can clearly see them inwardly groaning as he says that he has another couple of so called 'Questions' to ask Kerry. As far as this scenario is going the guy would have come across far better if he did it in a cool manner, instead he knee jerks to the microphone and makes himself look like an idiot.

And of course it gets a lot worse. He should have gone calmly and voiced his opinion as he left, that would have been really powerful but noo.. he starts jumping around like a smacked pony causing more distress to the crowd and digging himself in deeper.

I don't like the rest of the video because as far as the actual Tasering is concerned i thought it was unbelievable why they did that in the first place. You have 8 officers pinning him down and you see one casually pulling out the taser and using it on the back of his neck.

I'm sure the student thought he was doing the right thing by voicing his opinion but to me has was basically soap boxing it for effect.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is sad and disgusting, is this a American University or a Communist convention. How can anyone in a free society be assaulted like that for just asking questions, his tone was a little harsh but every question asked was legit. All the police had to do is warn him politly, as Kerry said he would be glad to answere them. Instead they forcible remove him... Again for what? Asking about skull n bones and other touchy subjects. Crazy huh.

All I got to say is if I was that guy their would be one hell of a large lawsuit against the school and police force in charge of the seminar.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The videos are disturbing.

Yes he may have been over the top to the point where it made people uncomfortable, but the reaction as stated numerous times in this thread from the authorities was uncalled for.

The part that I spent most of last night trying to fathom in my mind is when I see the students standing by laughing or cheering as he is taken away. I have come to the horrific conclusion that not only are we in a world where to say something uncomfortable is deemed a offense worth violence, we are surrounded by apathetic neighbors and friends who would laugh when they see something they themselves are unsure of to make it easier on their conscious.

They looked shocked and appaled, really they did, but they were laughing because a lot of the intitial responses to something we dont understand or makes us feel ackward is laughter. The only real reasonable explanation I can even come to regarding the audience and their reaction.

As to the difference in this generation and the one 30 years ago..Yes in the 70's had someone done such a thing I could imagine rioting and angry mobs. We live in the desensitized and demoralized generation of people who are afraid to speak out against anything because it gets them freaking tazered..sighhh.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Even here on ATS we have the Tasers yet they are just Mod Edits --and Tags .. Can't you all see that over time we have all been brained washed into thinking there are certain ways that issues have to be approached. Why is this can we truly not understand each other ?? And why is this ??

Originally posted by scientist
wooo!

man I LOVE youtube and cellphone cameras. although it will also be the death of us, it's also a great way to show how poo really is around the world.

ask about skull and bones in public? you get zapped and shut up quick.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Apparently there is going to be an anti UPD protest today on campus from 12-1pm. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting happens. Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Could it be possible that George W. Bush and John Kerry were in on the whole presidential debate and who was going to win as far back as when they went to school together ?? I would love to have the ability to search through personal funds and to know each of them in personally or find friends of each of whom possibly hung out together with each of them in college >????

Does anyone have any Class schedules ? From say when they went to the came college ??????

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If a police officer is falsely arresting you, setp in the vehicle and get a lawyer. If you did NOTHING wrong, charges are dropped go on your merry way. If you DID do something, like resist arrest or push a police officer, yeah, you see there is a thing called a threat, and a law officer or campus cop, as they were, needs to size a situation. One person can easily become 40 people out of control. He did not leave. He would not cooperate. All he had to do was leave. That is it. Instead, he starts crying, wanting the crowd to cheer him on like the arab guy in the library that happened when dragged out, and it did not. No one really cared and really just probably wanted to actually ask Kerry a question.

This is not about the NEOCONs and BUSH, it is about a college student who went a little overboard and the campus cops stepped in. My sister went to UF. Do you know how many kids are tasered and arrested on a daily basis on campus, only difference is they are usually drunk, but it is ok then for the cops to handle them, right? As long as it fits your agenda.

as far as the meds comment Boon, if you have ever known anyone who was bipolar, that was a manic episode.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I noticed the crowd laughing too that really bothered me, the whole thing bothered me,

Here is what I noticed, I believe the young man was leading up to the BIG question,

Kerry did you consede the election so quickly because as a fellow member of the skull and bones it was all part of the plan to make sure the powers that be got their guy elected?

That is Just where I thought his questioning was headed.

He was setting the stage for the real question.

Anyway I think it was awful to do this to the kid.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I tend to agree with most of the points here. While the student had the right to ask questions, he went about it completely wrong.

I do NOT agree with the fact that they tazed him. But...

He was getting loud and to me (just my opinion) looked like he was just trying to cause an uproar. Like others said, if he just wanted his questions asked he could have just asked them and waited for a response. He didn't. Most likely the Campus Police moved in simply to remove the guy from the room.

Maybe they didn't answer "why" he was under arrest simply because he WASN'T under arrest. Chances are they were just removing him from the venue. Much like when a rowdy fan is removed from a sporting event. But he fought and flailed around like a child who was being punished.

Again I don't think they should have tased him. Police are way to quick to use them now days. I believe they should have been able to subdue him on their own, especially with the amount of police there.

But hey.. thats my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
I find it appalling that as he was being "arrested" these student were cheering. I find it horrifying that some of these students, the "future" of our country, as so many would refer to them, are LAUGHING as he is being tased!

Was this kid even read his rights? Could he be "resisting arrest" otherwise? I know audio was bad once he started getting man-handled, but it sure as heck didn't appear to me that anyone was reading him his rights, much less letting him know what he was being arrested for.

Nice to meet you Layla.

Actually I don't know if he was read his rights. Just heard stop resisiting.
When he was tased I did hear some students yelling.

Also after some checking the Univeristy of Florida is being funded by the EU for aprogram. Surprise surprise.

I'm outraged at this.

news.ufl.edu...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hahahah, kids, police is not to protect YOU but to protect "them". Thats the way it is. Was always. And will be. When you steal much you are above the law, when you are nobody and try to do something, say something or steal because of problems you will end in jal or worse. Thats the way. In every country, nothing changed, it was same in middle ages and earlier. We are lucky that they started to use tasers not swords and halberds... And dont go to court. Thats a good advice. Even if you win police will never forget or forgive such thing, trust me, i know what im saying... When i was beaten by drunk cop, you know what they said? "Thats impossible" and it was end of story...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You better stay home
And do as you're told.
Get out of the road if you want to grow old.

-- Pink Floyd
Sheep

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
WOOOW,

This is not good for society!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Quote: "Apparently there is going to be an anti UPD protest today on campus from 12-1pm. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting happens. Peace."

Great, now just watch and see who actually gets physically hurt from this guys initial behaviour. I highly recommend people watch the Raw footage AFTER he is tasered and you will see that he is lapping up the camera, making sure there is someone there so he can keep shouting. Do you actually believe him when he says he is afraid to give his name to the officers because he thinks they might kill him??? What a show.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
I highly recommend people watch the Raw footage AFTER he is tasered and you will see that he is lapping up the camera, making sure there is someone there so he can keep shouting. Do you actually believe him when he says he is afraid to give his name to the officers because he thinks they might kill him??? What a show.

because the "normal" thing to do when being assaulted and tasered is to be silent, and not make a commotion? please.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Also after some checking the Univeristy of Florida is being funded by the EU for aprogram. Surprise surprise.

I'm outraged at this.

news.ufl.edu...

So you are against a University trying to broaded the learning expieriance with the offering of international history and concepts to our youth? Why would this make you mad? just interested to hear your response.

ill quote from the article

Amie Kreppel, director of the UF Center for European Studies. said “The EU is America’s largest trading partner and our most important political ally,” she said. “And for Florida, the EU is our biggest foreign direct investor. Their investments account for more than 145,000 jobs.”

Seems smart to me considering we are lacking in the world of education here in the states. Like it or not the economies of every country is going global. In order to continue to prosper the US had better embrace doing business in a proven environment. Long gone are the days of being able to succeed by being isolated.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning. No doubt a hot topic.

I can answer for Kerry. Two Bonesman were competing for the job and there was nothing to lose. That's why he didn't challenge the election results. He was told not to by his "fraternity" brothers. That's the reality, not some cockamamey BS politically correct response Kerry always gives.

Oh, and about the tasering, all those cops and they couldn't control the guy without using a taser. Really weak you lapdogs!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

So an American Intitution that is being funded by the European Union is ok with you?

I rather have them be funded by the Swiss.

Then say hello the the NWO.

You don't get it so I won't bother explaining it to you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join