It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
Read the article , dont just make your assumtion based on a Video. The article says the guy didnt follow the rules of the Q&A or directions from the cops to end his session.

Um...I take what I saw and heard over what the news spin is thank you.

what is so hard about following directions in this day and age. Are all the kids growing up going to end up like this guy. Bucking authority and crying police brutality when the need suits there agenda?

There was no direction until they started to manhandle him. Hell yes, I would buck authority in this instance.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Follow the rules and you will be ok, decide to go off on your own and break those rules and you get what you get.

"Step out of line and the man comes to take you away.

Hey, what's the sound?
Everybody look what's goin down"

[edit on 9/18/2007 by Griff]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
...this is sickening, "hello police state" is right, anyone ever been tasered? it hurts, a lot. i was reading about the military issued ones, they're like 80,000 volts?! cops get power to their head and held the thing to my neck, it bruised and felt like death////

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've been watching this on TV all morning and then I came to the realization that this whole thing was staged. The guy is acting (badly), and the police are acting. I don't know why they did it, but it certainly appears that way.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i'm only on page three but cnn just said that he is being charged with resisting arrest with violence.....a third degree felony...

also, those were all university cops..NOT street cops...

makes little difference to me but just tossing out the facts

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

Look at what Bush has done in the last 8 years. We all did nothing to get rid of him so we are allowing this to happen. Are we going to stand up and do something and get rid of them no, we aren't are we.9

Hi 50, this was a democratic lecture and Bush had nothing to do with this instance. Ask Kerry why he didnt step up and help the kid out. Why becasue the kid didnt follow the rules any way you slice it.

If we don't stand together and stand up for our rights then we will have no rights.

I say if we dont start respecting authority then we are doomed to become a police state.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by geemony]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If we don't stand together and stand up for our rights then we will have no rights.

I say if we dont start respecting authority then we are doomed to become a police state.

that statement is a true oxymoron. I can't even think of a fantasy world in which that would make sense. Respect is earned, not coerced. I'd like to again request the feature of negative stars on ATS.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
on page 5 now....need to ask real fast....assuming you were standing facing the cop as they tazed you, is it fathomable to think you could read down real fast and rip the prongs out as to stop the juice?
i have never been tazed with that kind but i have a handheld tazer and it's nothing.....if someone hit me with that, i'd just get pissed......
my buddy and i used to get drunk and taze each other with it....

i would imagine the kind the fuzz has with those prongs are stronger but is there a possibility to rip it out?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
you can tell who the cop/x cops are on this form. i really think its time we took our country back. i know where every cop lives in my town. we should take them out like they do us. one by one. we should keep taking them out till we are back to being a free country. we have the right to do this.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That's a disgusting example of police brutality, and for what? for asking a question? I believe cops have a serious mental disorder, the same type that comes with being put on a throne and called king. It's an abusive "power hungry" problem, and these cops should be locked in prison.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
He was pontificating at the podium, and wanted everyone to hear him.

I think it would be a safe bet that he was off his prescribed meds for one

From the 1st Amendment, Freedom of speech is the concept of being able to speak freely without censorship. He was not censored.

pontificating huh?

from this video it seems to you that he has not taken meds?
seems like a normal college kid to me...
as to censoring the kid, i'm pretty sure a gang of cops swarming him, taking him down, and tazing him is censoring him...

i can't believe how some people think...

you see a 3 minute youtube vid and you have deduced that he is mentally ill and on meds.....
wow.....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The use of taser is not the worst part of this video.

Did anybody notice that one of the cops pulled a loaded weapon in the crowded area and pointed it to this unarmed student?

Now this is really disturbing.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you watch the other video of this event that was posted by someone on page 2 of this comment section, you can clearly see that he's only asking questions, then the suit makes a "cut him off" gesture and the guy get's attacked by the police.
If that would've happened to me, I'd react in the same manor. What's even more disgusting to me, is the fact that most of his fellow students didn't do a thing, they even laughed or looked away. Across the world and history, students have always been some of the more critical groups in a country, the way they reacted says a lot about state America is in.

I'm from the Netherlands myself, but if I would've been present I know I would've been arrested to, it would go against everything I stand for, to just sit there and let it happen. Hell, if this happened in my country, I gaurantee there would be student riots, for sure.

The people on this site that are saying it was his own fault, must've not seen the second video, cause that one makes it pretty clear what happened there.

Ever since I discovered the conspiracy behind 911, 3 years ago, my believes in what we are told the world is like, have crumbled to the point that
I question everything I once thought was true or good, only to find out that we are headed for some very dark ages. It makes me want to scream out in agony, but no one seems to be able to hear me.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by soulpower]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You guys are all making assumptions that it was the first question on the video that caused the cops to intercede. We have no idea what events transpired before the posted portion of the video. For all we know, he could have been making threats against others or himself. Sorry to say it. But to say the cops did what they are trained to do as a result of a simple question is ignorant. In fact, the story is being talked about right now, and the are talking to a witness that was there for the portion before the tape, and the student was apparently asked to sit several times before the incident.
I'm glad this happened. Maybe now you will get a better understanding of the difficult job police officers do day in and day out.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Bad cops....bad cops....soooo bad. Look, when i was 26 I had the snot kicked out of me, pepper sprayed and my nose broken by 3 overzealous cops. I did nothing. Nothing but I was a threat because i am about 6'3 225 and solid. They were in my residence on a call because of medical reason for my wife. She refused to go and they stated I told her to act that way. Made no sense. Then they tried to handcuff me, and jsut as the kid in the video did, I pulled my arms away. They then beat my ass. I understand police brutality and I have never breathed thru my nose the same.

That kid was an attention grabbing idiot of his meds looking to get himself on the net so he could get free drinks at the bars this weekend. THere are multiple videos out there, so make sure you catch the one of him takling 'from the start' and not the edited one jsut showing them taking him out.

He was NOT asking questions, he was stating evidence. Any one can go online and see that he and Bush were in the same club in college. I mean, WTF does that matter when we are the brink of world war. How about asking Kerry why he does not do more to stop the war machine. It was a waste.....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Did anybody notice that one of the cops pulled a loaded weapon in the crowded area and pointed it to this unarmed student?

Now this is really disturbing.

It was a tazer.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
freedom of speech as long as you don't say anything....

i'd like to read a news story about say, a cop walking into mcdonalds and then a citizen tazing the crap outta him...

i would enjoy that

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Because esdad, geemoney and the rest of the neocons on this board are part of the problem and not the solution.

So, we just do as an officer says? Even when that officer is falsley arresting you? How about if the officer tells you to get into the car and service him for being a prostitute? It happens. Does that give the officer the right to taser you and book you? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand up for your rights people or they will be gone before we know it.

Griff , if you throw the term neocon out as an attempt to say im conservative then I appreciate the lable. I am conservative by nature however I do not use the freedom of speech to justify my unwillingness to comply with authority. It seems to me that liberals always shout police state and we are losing our rights crap every time someone decides they don’t want to play by the rules. I also like how you turn this discussion around and try to lump different situations into this situation. I find that’s a real big problem with you CT pushers in that you never discuss the situation before you. Instead you lump every situation into one so you can rant on about how we are going to be a police state, or our freedoms are being taken away.

I ask one simple question and please answer the question don’t go off topic please. If you have two kids fighting over one toy, do you let them fight or do you take the toy away? This country was founded on the rule of law. And if people continue to buck the laws set forth then for sure we are heading for a police state IMO.

Yes this was just a small question and answer session but the guy didn’t follow directions and this is all it’s about nothing more.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by geemony]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It the last 6 months, I've seen reports of people being arrested/detained for wearing anti-administration clothing, people having their door kicked in for flying an American flag upside down and every time a member of either political party comes to my hometown, any dissenters are corralled in a pen and kept 6 blocks away while being ringed by police ( I live in the backyard of a very influential corporate sleaze who heavily contributes to both parties , so we are visited quite often)
All violations of the First Amendment and all very wrong.
Was the kid a bit over the top ? Maybe. He had a forum and decided to take advantage of it. He could've handled it a bit differently, but I believe the outcome most likely would've been the same.
Were the cops ? Without a doubt. They had no probable cause (Fourth Amendment, you remember don't you ?) when they first confronted him and he really didn't give them any until he refused to leave.
The 20 man takedown and the taser show was excessive and was purely for the benefit of the Kerry security and the audience in the room in my opinion.
Kerry should be screaming about this, but he won't because he's ineffective and nothing more than the other side of the same political coin.
Welcome to the new America

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Only one thing left to do:

OBEY!

Or get tazed for asking questions, which shall never get answer.

The Police State is here already.

You just do not know it yet.

As it looks asking questions is a crime these days in America and for this kind of action you can get quickly removed from the room and tazed like a little rebellious animal awaiting for slaughter. Soon it will be a crime a THINK - and you know what that means:

Thoughtcrime does not entail death:

thoughtcrime is death.

Yet again - WELCOME to 1984!

[edit on 18/9/07 by Souljah]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join