It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
From the outside perspective of a non-US resident, this was just plain wrong.

Kerry seemed to want to engage the guy, and yet the security people - and the guy in the suit who gave the "cut" signal clearly had another agenda.

I actually feel quite strongly about it to the point where I'm considering dropping an email through Kerry's website to express the disgust of a non-US resident at how the guy was handled.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This is the 2nd video I have seen tonight where cops go into a school, and use extream force.. This one takes the cake.. And the people clap as they run him down...
I hear it in their brainwashed minds now! "Run him out on a Rail!"

They should all be very ashamed! I hang my head in their place...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yadhel

Originally posted by MasterRegal
WRONG! He was tasered because he was violently resisting the officers. They even warned him and did not comply. Don't spread bull.

Exactly, that's what some people don't seem to understand.

The man was getting more, and more agitated and violent, and the police officers are trained to stop escalating violence before it occurs, and this guy was getting violent.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Yadhel]

ANY Man, who needs a taser, to subdue someone who is "becoming violent", is not only a "cat", but also totally worthless.
No one puts their hands on me, for any reason.
To do so, puts the person who is doing so in jeopardy.
Thats how it should be, for everyone.
But, we have become a nation of wimps.
I see it every day.

This kid begged not to be tasered, and was on the floor.
That is cruelty.
If he were an animal, PETA would already be on this.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by weatherguru]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I cannot believe what I just watched....

As others have already stated, what exactly prompted the officers to assault this young man?

They had absolutely no right to touch him at all. Their badges do not give them the right manhandle another human being for no reason.

And then they have the nerve to taser him.... WTF? And the people who cheered.... I can't even comment b/c anything I want to say would be way against the T&C of this site.

I don't buy the "it's best to just listen to the officers" crap. They were way out of line. End of story.

This was absolutely disgusting.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Unbelievable.. both the video and some of the responses here..
The kid went over his alloted time and threw up his hands in digust or possibly amused frustration while turning -away- from the mic, -to step -away- ...as he was moving the 'police' actually swarmed him. He not only had made no hostile moves, He wasn't even still trying to talk at the *forbidden* microphone. I know a few police officers and this is Not behavior any of them would ever approve of. (yes, I asked them) Yet some people answering here seem to think its acceptable, that the kid deserved it.
Curiousity and asking questions now is a taser-able offense...lovely! Or going over a time limit, cause none of us have ever kept talking after someone else thought we'd talked long enough?!? yeah...right...
Unbelievable,
~anahma
(sorry I know this is a pretty sarcastic post for a newbie but...geeez...)

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
When something like this happens the crowd needs to help the victim. The problem in a situation like this is the more people there are in the crowd, the less likely it is anybody will help due to transference of responsibility. Fear of arrest and bodily harm doesn't help either.

It's actually a phenomena called The Bystander Effect. Click, click, read, read.

On topic: I don't really have anything to say that would add value. All I can do is :shk: at the cops, :shk: at the bystanders, :shk: at those defending this sort of action. Shame on all of you.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I can't believe you guys, the guy was obviously a threat. He wasn't asking the questions calmly but threateningly, he was a complete nutcase and so (yet again) another one of these bloody students was tasered because they refused to calm down. You all make out as if he was so innocent and was totally calm and collected, that the police officers just randomly came and tasered him for no reason.

Are you completely ignoring the fact that the guy was extremely threatening!? Or is this just another excuse to "prove" that we're being suppressed?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

You are right. 3 Officers had trouble to get him under control. So there was teaser needed to restrain him. Btw the "Signal" giver guy is from NSA and has the right to order arrests if a threat is visible. The dude make one mistake - he try to resist.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
I can't believe you guys, the guy was obviously a threat. He wasn't asking the questions calmly but threateningly, he was a complete nutcase and so (yet again) another one of these bloody students was tasered because they refused to calm down. You all make out as if he was so innocent and was totally calm and collected, that the police officers just randomly came and tasered him for no reason.

Are you completely ignoring the fact that the guy was extremely threatening!? Or is this just another excuse to "prove" that we're being suppressed?

If you feel that anything that he said or did was threatening, you might want to stay inside more.
Dont get out amongst real men or women, just stay home and safe.
We don't want to be tased, or harassed, just to make you feel safe.
Stay away from us.
Additionally, we don't have to be calm, like cattle, just to appease you.
He asked questions, in the manner that he wanted to.
Period.
They were only questions, don't be fearful.
Knowledge, is a scary thing for some, I know, but it will be ok.
Just go back to sleep, take deep breaths.
Ahh, there you go.
Are you better now?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by weatherguru]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The police officers did not like the fact a common folk raised their voice at the elite congressman. I did not see the guy rushing the stage or pulling a weapon. His voice was about as threatening as puppies bite.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Yadhel

Are you insane?? Seriously, I think you need medication. Yes the 6 year old in my story was holding a piece of glass and had cut himself, but are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that a grown man could not have found another way to deal with a 6 YEAR OLD CHILD? He had no choice but to Taze him too??

You can not seriously believe that. Even Jeb Bush went on record saying there had to be a better way.

Sorry to say you are however missing the point. If they can taze a student who asked a question, if they can taze a 68 year old women, a 70 year old man, a women who is 8 months pregnant and a 6 year old boy...what makes you think you can not be next? Do I have to dig up more cases they fit your criteria?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

He wasn't asking the questions calmly but threateningly, he was a complete nutcase and so (yet again) another one of these bloody students was tasered because they refused to calm down.

Since when is it OK for any member of society for react to words with violent action, cop or not? You're not allowed to taser a dog that won't quit barking, that would be cruel. Why then can a group of cops tackle him for speaking too long, and then taser him even after he calmed and specifically requested not to be tasered?

Handcuffing and removal from the premises should have been the absolute extent of their action, if any action was to be taken at all.

[edit on 18/9/07 by Evasius]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
A thin college student that quotes Greg Palast is no threat. Just because his questions were out of the norm he was treated like a threat. The only thing that was threatening about this guy were his ideas.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Can you explain EXACTLY what the man is doing that you consider to be "threatening"?

Then explain to me why they felt the need to taser him. They had more than enough officers to control him.

THIS is threatening behavior.

[edit on 9/18/2007 by Shane Void]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I get so angry watching this. This is the society we have now, and dont think it wont get worse. This is just the beginning. Fascist america is showing its true colors here.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
The only thing that was threatening about this guy were his ideas.

That's just it. You're not supposed to think.

"War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength"

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_1988
I really don't feel safe anymore after seeing this. And we have a war on terror going on? Forget Iraq/Iran, we have terrorists within our country, and we are paying their salaries!!!

Exactly how I feel and I'm in the UK. Anyone else get a tight knot in their stomach watching these clips?

Originally posted by mallory-john
As a former police officer and can only strongly advise - follow what the officers saying. Do not resist. It makes the situation only more worse. Officers are mostly underpaid, less educated people who tend to have a jesus complex (means, they think they are god). Therefore you are #ed mostly if you do not following LEO orders.
I agree with this but it's a scenario that would make me want to argue, just because it's not fair.

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Taser is the cattle prod of the Human race.

Move along sheeple... nothing to see here. Never mind the man behind the curtain.

They say that the man suffered no physical injuries. Forget that!
Listen to him wail in pain. PAIN IS SUFFERING.
Well said. Im sure the emotional effect of that experience will stay with him for years. Rape can come in different forms. No, I don't think I'm exaggerating.As for the crowd. Well I suppose some of the laughing ones are like the jesus complex policemen. I expect a lot of them were scared though and I give credit to the protesters among them. Shame there were kids there though. Are they used to stuff like that in the US? I'm sure one or two might be very scared of the friendly policeman from now on.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
For all you guys who want to defend this action, I found this JUST FOR YOU!

HERE IS A CASE where a cop was told to taze an old man. He didn't do it, cause it was not needed and he considered it to be excessive force.

In the end, Perez and Paranich were able to get the man on the ground and in cuffs with no more force than soft-hand control, Perez said – a fact that proves the Taser was not needed: "If more force were necessary, then we wouldn't be able to take him down," he said at a press conference. "That means I did the constitutionally correct thing" and followed APD policy.

Notice what he says about taking down a suspect.

Now ask yourself, if this student is on the ground with so many officers on top of him and surrounding him, where was the threat that justifies tazing?

edited to add: This cop also lost his job.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's disturbing to note that in the MSNBC story, the newcaster's took it as an opportunity to make anti-Kerry comments.

How dare they?

As far as I could tell from the video, Kerry was just as alarmed by the police reaction as the rest of the students were. The fact that he went on to answer the question shows that he was not offended or threatened by this student.

True, the student should have used more restraint in both his questioning and in his confrontation with the police, but still this does not reflect Kerry in the slightest.

It just goes to show, the government and it's representatives are not in control.
The standing status quo is.

Just an extra little note: If you are ever confronted with a similar situation facing police officers, your best tactic is to remain still. Do not move, do not struggle. If you must, lay down. Any attempt to forcibly resist is resisting arrest and the cops can get away with quite a bit of abuse. Standing calmly and stating your rights is always the best way to go.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Just an extra little note: If you are ever confronted with a similar situation facing police officers, your best tactic is to remain still. Do not move, do not struggle. If you must, lay down. Any attempt to forcibly resist is resisting arrest and the cops can get away with quite a bit of abuse. Standing calmly and stating your rights is always the best way to go.

This was the 60's way of doing things. No matter what you didn't fight. If you must lay down or sit, let them cuff you, then make them work by having to pick you up and carry away.

I don't think it would work now. When they tell you to stand up and you do not, you will get tazed for not complying with an officer's orders. They do not want to hear about what YOU think your rights are. Cops like these guys are more concerned with what THEY think your rights are. Violence begets violence and it does not take much to find case after case after case of excessive force used by police. Especially now that the tazer is so common.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join