It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So, are you guys gunna sit here and do nothing or start busting skulls and taking names?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Gazz
That article is very telling.........

I encourage everyone to go back to the OP and check the news source link. Then watch this video again.

Andrew Meyer, 21, asked Kerry, D-Mass., why he did not contest the 2004 presidential election, which he lost to President Bush, and why there had been no moves to impeach Bush.

"He apparently asked several questions he went on for quite awhile then he was asked to stop," university spokesman Steve Orlando said. "He had used his allotted time. His microphone was cut off then he became upset."

Now looking at the second video that was posted, you see clearly when the kid's microphone is turned off. The kid then puts his hand up in the air and the cops jump him. HE NEVER GOT UPSET due to the microphone being shut off. He was upset cause he was jumped on. The video CLEARLY CONTRADICTS the statements from University Spokesman Steve Orlando.

I encourage you all to watch the way this story spins. One day THIS WILL BE YOU. Welcome to the Police State.

[edit on 17/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Let's take a closer look at this video.

Who is the man in suit (standing next to the two uniformed cops) who made a hand signal "cut" on his throat. As if someone was coaching from a distance? Looks like someone gave an order to stop the man from asking this kind of question. This was the moment (after he made the signal) when the two uniformed cops started to apprehend him.

Or could it be that he was the one who gave the order to stop the guy from questioning?

Just curious. And what really is the basis for doing this to the guy?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

The "cut" sign was the indication to cut the microphone. Watch the video very carefully. You see the cut sign, the mic cuts off. The kid throws his hands up and backs away from the mic while he turns to play to the crowd. He is NOT UPSET he is amused and grinning. That is when the police begin grabbing him.

What you see in this video contradicts the statements from the school. This story is gonna be spun away and everyone should watch it. This is the plan and the goal. This will happen to you if you exercise your rights and you too will be arrested and when your story is reported. You will see this same spin.

Don't be fooled. Don't get caught up in the semantics . Do not get sidetracked with details like, "Why was he tazed when he had 19 police around him" the real issue is Why was he arrested for asking a question? The kid did nothing wrong and is assaulted and arrested for exercising his Right under the First Amendment. That is the issue and that is what everyone should focus one. I would encourage everyone to contact this school and this department.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And you guys thought the Patriot Act was bad! Thank G-d that John Kerry wasn't elected President! Even the war protesters who behave worse than this guy when they interrupt Bush's speeches don't get tasered!

But in all seriousness... this was rediculous. There was no reason for him to be dragged out in the first place. John Kerry even said on the microphone to leave the guy alone and that he would answer his questions. The only thing I fault this moron for is for resisting arrest. There's no excuse for that. There are opportunities to prove your innocence or guilt after you're charged- but not while you're being arrested. If you don't follow the orders of the police and act calm, then you deserve everything you get. But at the same time, the police should use only reasonable force. In this case, shooting the guy with a taser was NOT reasonable.

However, I don't buy into the whole "Skull and Bones" conspiracy that some are mentioning. Do you really believe that all of the cops in attendance were told beforehand "If anyone mentions Skull and Bones, remove them from the building and taser them if necessary?" That's just plain rediculous. The police were acting on their own and it had nothing to do with mentioning "secret societies" or "Skull and Bones". It had everything to do with this guy acting like a complete moron by yelling and being disrespectful. It's one thing to ask the tough questions of our leaders, and for that, I commend the guy. But its an entirely different thing to act like a spoiled child who doesn't get their way. He wasn't even allowing Kerry, as far as I saw, to properly answer the questions. He kept interrupting and shouting and acting like a typical spoiled brat who reads too many conspiracy theories on the internet!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sytima
While I think he should have been allowed to speak and not tasered, I don't think Kerry was avoiding his question. Did anyone see if he answered the question after the "disruptor" left?

In the video footage kerry was actually trying to answer the question..

I dont care if the guy was on pcp! a dozen officers with the guy already pinned to the ground cant put cuffs on without several tazer blasts..? h-sh%!

it was open forum, the guy had no weapon, made no threat... asked a question that any of us on ats would ask any day of the week! that could be you or I. whether he resisted arrest or not; the initial arrest was not legit..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I disagree. The kid asked several questions. He used his alloted time and did not allow Kerry to interupt him. This kid never begins shouting until the police grab him. The kid's mic is cut, he says nothing. He turns to the crowd and grins and toss's his hands up as if to say, "See how they cut me off for asking the tough questions". He does nto beginning yelling until he is grabbed by the cops.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just to get this outta the way...
Were Bush and Kerry members of Skull & Bones?
The answer is Yes.
Hear it for yourselves...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All I can say is what do we tell our children when they ask us why we didn't do more then bitch about it on the computer.We get taken advantage of everyday by punk cops like this,not to mention dragged into wars with no end,and soon possibly a much bigger much scarier war.

We as a nation are not doing our part.Why is this?Hell look at this anti war movement compaired to the vietnam anti war movement.Pathetic.Have we lost all forsight,are we just overwhelmed by it all?What gives.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
And you guys thought the Patriot Act was bad! Thank G-d that John Kerry wasn't elected President! Even the war protesters who behave worse than this guy when they interrupt Bush's speeches don't get tasered!

Actually during the election Bush went to Medford Oregon to give some speeches. he was supposed to stay at a famous local place called the Jacksonville inn..+dinner. small town, the barriers were up for he locals to see the president drive thru on main st. on route bush changes his mind.. and tells the secret service he will eat at another location. moments later the locals are being pushed back without warning or explanation cops in riot gear.. shields and bats. no protesters.. many republicans in fact.. didn't matter. a few hundred people got chased for a block.. don't forget the tear gas.. some locals got hurt. it was in the local news... bush said nothing made no apologies. that was the day they guaranteed a non vote from me!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
The kid asked several questions. He used his alloted time and did not allow Kerry to interupt him.

Very true, he did the exact thing Reporters do at every white house press conference.. and any other events where they address our leaders...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I find it appalling that as he was being "arrested" these student were cheering. I find it horrifying that some of these students, the "future" of our country, as so many would refer to them, are LAUGHING as he is being tased!

Was this kid even read his rights? Could he be "resisting arrest" otherwise? I know audio was bad once he started getting man-handled, but it sure as heck didn't appear to me that anyone was reading him his rights, much less letting him know what he was being arrested for.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
WRONG! He was tasered because he was violently resisting the officers. They even warned him and did not comply. Don't spread bull.

Exactly, that's what some people don't seem to understand.

The man was getting more, and more agitated and violent, and the police officers are trained to stop escalating violence before it occurs, and this guy was getting violent.

As for the claim that Kerry did not contest it, that's simply not true, he did, and several times recounts were done and even the lawyers that were working for Kerry conceded that the election results were right.... Some people just don't want to accept this.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Yadhel]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
Was this kid even read his rights? Could he be "resisting arrest" otherwise? I know audio was bad once he started getting man-handled, but it sure as heck didn't appear to me that anyone was reading him his rights, much less letting him know what he was being arrested for.

At first he was being accompained outside because he was getting agitated more and more, this guy was getting more and more violent. Then, when he resisted the police trying to get him outside he was arrested. You can't see it but his initial actions show that he was most probably fighting to get free from the police, which means he was at that point resisting arrest, which is why he was tasared, so he would stop struggling.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Vote Taser Boy for President.

AJ should but that on his signs for Geraldo.

This is what the 9/11 era gets you... one more question or a taser.

I'll answer the questions for Kerry:
I can't go against the Nazi Bush, he must be president.
The IRAQ WAR is not am impeachable offense.
Get out of here before I break your bones, I'm not your pop.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yadhel

Originally posted by MasterRegal
WRONG! He was tasered because he was violently resisting the officers. They even warned him and did not comply. Don't spread bull.

Exactly, that's what some people don't seem to understand.

The man was getting more, and more agitated and violent, and the police officers are trained to stop escalating violence before it occurs, and this guy was getting violent.

Did you watch the second video that has great audio and is right next to the action?

What you do not seem to understand is HE DID NOTHING TO WARRANT ARREST. Any resistance he shows is justified by the fact that these police do not even tell him he is arrested. They grab him and begin to manhandle him. Since when are you not told you are being arrested? Since when can police just grab you and push you around without saying anything?

Show me one example where this kid was violent. I agree he was resisting and I do not blame. At no point was he violent. How violent is he when he is pinned on the ground? He was tased AFTER he was under control. That is not reasonable force!!!

It amazes me how people can excuse this type of behavior. You go right ahead and excuse it, one day IT WILL BE YOU and then we will see how you react. Then we will see how much you deserve it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Unless any of you were there, I find it hard to believe you're all criticizing a single, clipped video.

From that video, I get a drastically different feeling, which says to how much credibility one can lend what was, at most, a two minute clip in its entirety.

The kid stands up in the middle of a Senator's speech -- Either as part of questioning, or to just get his question out.
Shortly into this, he begins asking conspiratorial questions, and is dragged away -- As he continues to scream. It's quite clear this is what he expected for asking such inane, pointless things.

Now, you're all on a conspiracy site. You like conspiracies. You believe them.
However, the general public doesn't.
And when someone begins screaming like a girl, both questions, and 'Look! Police state!' comments as he is arrested, most people will be glad to see him removed, and the room brought back to order.

Excessive force? Perhaps.
Most likely, they wanted him to stop screaming, and thrashing.
Most likely, they wanted him to stop moving.

I'll agree it was too much, but, the response, to arrest him, was justified.

Having watched the second video:

i. Opens with an 'impeach Bush' comment. Not too popular, but, what are you going to do.

ii. Continues with 'secret society' talk. This tends to lead someone to believe the person intends to disrupt something, as nearly all 'public commentors' of conspiracy tend to be riled up, and wild. While Kerry may've not cared, it's not his job to keep things under control.

iii. The student clearly struggles. For nearly thirty, fourty seconds, the rent-a-cops are struggling to hold his arms down, while he's screaming. It's obvious he expected the treatment, screaming, not asking, why he's being arrested. Giving 'conspiratorial reasons', etc.

Quite frankly, I think the cops simply had enough of him.

And while all of you continue to fawn over his behavior, or say, 'I would've busted the cops teeth out!', let's see how many of you tough guys actually have the guts to go to a rally and do that.

It seems many of us have misconceptions about reality.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Iblis]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Lets clear a few things up as they have or will be brought up.

1.Multiple questions with no breaks are common in political discussions, its to make the best use of your time. Its accepted and practiced throughout the media.

2.Time may have been alloted for questions however, when has allotted time ever stopped a politician from finishing his point.
Do you people not watch debates?
Do these politicians get man handled because they go over the alloted time?

3.Free speech and the right to voice your opinions to government are constitutional and just.

4.Any question is legit rather you agree with it or not.

5.They didn't ask him nicely to step outside/leave they walked up and put their hands on him, assault and gave him no peaceful option.

5.They escalated this event to violence not him, he resisted assault not arrest, at no time was any explanation given as to if he was being arrested and for what.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you don't like this, then contact the University President.

Faxzero.com will send free faxes for you.

University of Florida,
Office of the President,
226 Tigert Hall,
PO Box 113150,
Gainesville, FL 32611;
Phone: (352) 392-1311
Fax: (352) 392-9506.

Also, send a copy to the UF police:
[email protected]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The most wrong thing I saw was the fact that they decided to taser him, while he was on the floor helpless, even after he begged not to be tasered, and that he would leave if they let him go.
Now that is wrong!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join