It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infamouskiller

and this what bush thinks of america...

Yep, he does the middle finger and calls it the one finger victory salute.

(To stay within the T&C, some slight editing might have been done (it's subtle))

I'm not suggesting that this is what he thinks of the Bill of Rights or the Constitution. I'm sure he would have condemned the cops' use of excessive force.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Azrael-6

As a police officer for a town of 500,000

But, in NO WAY was it excessive force. The taser is still a completly safe tool used to subdue someone.

Your a cop right? And you dont think it was excessive force???

I hope I never run across you, or your buddy cops. You guys sound like the type of radical police we are aginst!.. You understand from the past posts many people have been killed by tasers???

[edit on 19-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael-6

The Miranda thing... Miranda is only used once you are being questioned about a crime. If your not being questioned about specific details that may lead to self incrimination about a specific crime, then there is no need for miranda.

That is a complete misinterpretation of the Miranda decision. Also, it is an entirely incorrect assessment of the proper application of Miranda when putting an individual under arrest.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
reply to post by MasterRegal

The taser is still a completly safe tool used to subdue someone.

No matter how many times someone asserts that the taser is "a completely safe tool" does not make it so.

The use of the taser has killed individuals. It is not safe. It is principally an instrument of torture that is being used as an instrument not unlike an electrified cattle prod. The chief problem with such use is that human beings are not cattle, and such torture devices as the taser should be banned out right.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

Wow, you guys work fast, I posted that less that 5 minutes ago.
When i was in the academy, I was personally tasered so I would know exactally how it feels. In no way is it anything like a cattle prod. A cattle prod makes a cow move, a taser locks the joints up so you cannot move, allowing police officers a chance to take a person into to custody.
The taser is a tool that is used to "reduce officer and suspect injuries"

www.Taser.com

We could go back to using our baton as a primary less that lethal, but that breaks bones, and can kill someone on the first strike.
Then there is the pepper spray, that is some really bad stuff. I have been sprayed with it while in the academy. It is NOT the same stuff that you can buy for self defense, the police issue is much more potent. If sprayed in the eye, your eye closes, it is impossible to open your eye with out manually opening it, then you breath it, and it takes your breath away... I got hit with it when I was expecting it, in a controlled environment, and I wanted to die, there was a point there when I could not breath, So, i can only imagine what would happen when your emotions are out the roof.
So, the taser is a tool that shoots 2 prongs into your body and delievers AMPS into you, completly locking you up. You will probably get injuries from the fall, but that is a variable that will differ everytime it is used. The prongs give you minor wounds when they come out, but usually will not scar. Most police tasers work in cycles of 5 seconds, so after the first 5 seconds you are done, handcuffed, and should not be tasered again.

So, if you are acting up and need to be arrested, and will not put your hands behind your back willingly, which would you prefer?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

The Miranda thing... Miranda is only used once you are being questioned about a crime. If your not being questioned about specific details that may lead to self incrimination about a specific crime, then there is no need for miranda.

That is a complete misinterpretation of the Miranda decision. Also, it is an entirely incorrect assessment of the proper application of Miranda when putting an individual under arrest.

In the United States, the Miranda warning is a warning given by police to criminal suspects in police custody, or in a custodial situation, before they are asked questions relating to the commission of a crime. A custodial situation is where the suspect's freedom of movement is restrained although he is not under arrest. An incriminating statement by a suspect will not constitute admissible evidence unless the suspect was advised of his or her "Miranda rights" and made a knowing, intelligent, and voluntary waiver of those rights. However, police may request biographical information such as name, date of birth, and address, without first reading suspects their Miranda warnings.

en.wikipedia.org...

Im not sure, but I think that says the same thing I said.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I was personally tasered so I would know exactally how it feels.

Im sure you where tased 1 time...

They did this over and over agin!!! And yes Ive felt the firey touch of a taser jack.. And let me tell you its not a walk in the park... As a cop you should know, some tasers will make you loose all body functions? Yep, some taser cases have become quite messy.. Litterally!

You cops are going to push your power to far one day.. And karma is going to bite you in the butt!!!

This is off topic, but this guy burns me up inside... And he calls himself a cop... Let me just say this too.. If I was a smart bad guy, Id become a cop honestly...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So you'd have no problem if your son or daughter was tazed, say because they spoke out of turn in Pol-Sci class, you know, rudely interrupting the teacher?

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

I was personally tasered so I would know exactally how it feels.

Im sure you where tased 1 time...

They did this over and over agin!!! And yes Ive felt the firey touch of a taser jack.. And let me tell you its not a walk in the park...

You cops are going to push your power to far one day.. And karma is going to bite you in the butt!!!

This is off topic, but this guy burns me up inside... And he calls himself a cop... Let me just say this too.. If I was a smart bad guy, Id become a cop honestly...

Hey, I never said my explaination of the taser was in DEFENSE of the Kerry incident. I already gave my view on the tasering of that incident. And I will say it again, there is no need to tase somebody more that once, anybody who tases someone multiple time should get investigated and disciplined.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

there is no need to tase somebody more that once, anybody who tases someone multiple time should get investigated and disciplined.

Good enough
I was starting to think that you where like some cop nazi!! Thanks for clearing that up with us here

I just know that too many people who gain power abuse that power..
Its why I am Joe average.. I dont want power.. As I am human, I would abuse it...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is my last post in this thread... Im not american and i dont want to be, im just warning you guys that if you dont wake up you will be in deep s#... I saw things like that many years ago... I was 4 years old when police and secret police entered our house in the middle of the night. They got my father and after searching our house they practiced karate on him... In front of me and my mother. My older brother was hiding already but they got him anyway, someone sold him. Watch that movie, i couldnt find anything better but you will see how martial law looks. Guy spoking in the beggining is russian puppet that ordered all this... He called this "Military cuncil of saving the nation"... There were no russians involved, only our brainwashed ppl. Police and military. You dont understand what is happening in your country, you peoples were always free and dont understand or notice signs of loosing it! Only you can stop this madness. Dont let them fool you. My father and brother were labbeled "terrorists" and only thing they did was making some underground papers and pamphlets. I will never forget that time, it changed all my life. I dont trust any goverment or police. Watch this, because that WILL happen in your country! Only coward or person getting money for this can post that your cops did a good thing with that kid! Dont forget that we should all be free! We won. Can you, Americans, do that? And one more thing. Stop them from attacking more nations! Its your government and only you can do something. Peoples all over the world are starting to hate you guys... Think about that. And watch that movie. Its not about winning, its about fighting. You should fight even when you are alone and without any chances to win. We did that and we won. Im saying it again, DONT LET THEM FOOL YOU! In that time there was saying "dont watch as your straitjacket burn" that was about ppl that did nothing... Think about it...

Martial law in Poland 1981

ps.
Song that is in the background... "Our big house is in the fire, but we dont want to run again"

[edit on 19-9-2007 by shigawire]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Let me just say this too.. If I was a smart bad guy, Id become a cop honestly...

i will second that...when i was a bit younger and a bit more 'wild', i used to think the perfect way to shake people down is to become a cop....

sure many cops became cops just for that reason....

"oh, you got a half O and $50...gimmie that and be on your way"....know what i mean?

get paid to mess some people up...tazing em and crap like that.....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

there is no need to tase somebody more that once, anybody who tases someone multiple time should get investigated and disciplined.

Good enough
I was starting to think that you where like some cop nazi!! Thanks for clearing that up with us here

I just know that too many people who gain power abuse that power..
Its why I am Joe average.. I dont want power.. As I am human, I would abuse it...

Thanks, i was only trying to educate in the tools we use, shy of someone being completly wasted or high out of their minds, my personal opinion is "If I go hands on with this person, I messed up". I know, I have seen fellow officers talk to someone in a way that is sure to get a rise, just so they can get a chance to up the level of force on them.
Its not a perfect system, but we are not all cop nazi's...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No. No. No. So that there is no potential violation of the Miranda decision with its protection of the civil rights of a citizen, the arresting officer must immediately read the Miranda rights to the person being arrested.

The taser is a weapon of torture. Its purpose is to eliminate the free will of an individual and force compliance and obedience under the threat of further torture.

Ban the taser.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok, i cant stop posting here, im addicted to this therad... Its not about tasers and wrong use of them, it about freedom... We should all be happy that they are using tasers not halberds... Wake up Americans!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Admittedly, I didn't read all 22 pages of this thread. I'm familiar with the topic though, so I figured I'd throw in my opinion.

Do I think excessive force was used? YES. Do I think the guy deserved it? YES.

I'm sure there have been loads of "free speech" arguments and the like. The facts in this case are that they guy was obviously agitated and he was disrupting an event. As he was pulled away, he was resisting and attempting to get away. All the security personnel wanted to do was get him out of the event so that it could continue, but he fought back, screamed, yelled. In my opinion, he just wanted some attention and he got it. They probably should have just dragged him out in the hall so the event could continue. However, after seeing several different videos from different angles, I might very well have done the same thing to get him to shut up.

The lesson here is that if you don't want to get tasered, don't act like a complete idiot at a public event.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shigawire

There are several parts to this. First, you are very right that it is about Freedom. For the US Americans their Freedom is enshrined in laws which police are committed to uphold.

But here is the problem, such police forces have become something other than what they were. Some of this is termed the militarisation of the police forces. These policy changes are a part of an ongoing shift in the USA from belief in their Constitution to a government that rules by decree (Executive Orders, for example) and enforces decrees by overwhelming force.

So we are at the third point which is the use of technology by police forces when that technology is part of the weaponry of torture. It is important to name the abhorrent device and demand its banning just as it is likewise important to insist upon the inherrent liberty and freedom of a citizen under the Constitution of the USA -- since we are talking about an event in the USA. Most US Americans are completely unaware how their liberty and freedom have been compromised by the Patriot Acts and executive orders of the President. In many ways they are much like the majority of the German population at the time of the burning of the Reichstag.

I am very grateful for you posts on this thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
All the security personnel wanted to do was get him out of the event so that it could continue, but he fought back, screamed, yelled.

What you assert about the "security" personnel's motivations is something that is completely unknowable.

The young man simply being annoying in his behaviour does not constitute grounds for the use of force or for the violation of his civil rights.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Read my earlier post, that with movie link, u will understand. You are ruled by bunch of crazies... Do something about this...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That is the use of a Directed Energy Weapon on a citizen of the United States
so we must be ruled by Aliens now.

Kerry is a poor excuse of an informer if he could not recognize the
knowledge and savvy of that young adult.

Kerry your an ass for giving up for a fellow S&Bs man.

That must have been his intent as the police took action.

War in not an impeachable offense..that must be it, but BJs are....

Now that must have set off a police ticker...

What do you say the kid is right.. Kerry is washed up again...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

#1. You say his mic was cut off and he became angry. Please show me where you see that. What I see is his mic cut off, he grins throws his hands up and BACKS AWAY from the microphone. He does not say another word until he is grabbed by police. So where is this angry outburst you are talking about?

Try reading the article and since this fiasco the follow up articles.

Again, I'll say, why should we read ANY article spun by the news when we can ALL see what happened on film. And not just one film, at least 4 to 5 now that I have seen. And I have to disagree with your interpretation of the events since obviously I've seen it 5 more times than you have. Try watching the videos. There's one about 3 posts above yours that is right beside him. Where is this angry reaction you speak of?

WTF, so yes he broke the rules and then didnt want to comply.

Breaking a rule is NOT breaking the law.

Look for the law suit in the next few days.

I pray to God that there IS a law suit.

Its just not your right to disrupt an otherwise peaceful gathering with your CT rants and your distaste for the way things are in the world.

Ahh. I see what the problem with the neocons are on this thread. It was a CT rant. If it had been anything else, I'd imagine it would have been ok.

im sure the cops got to the maranda rights and handcuffs as as soon as they shut him up.

You're sure? Are you positive of that? BTW, they need to tell you that you are under arrest and read you your rights. They did neither in this case.

And my world is delusional becasue why , im successful, im happy and I dont see the world the way you do.

There you have it folks. The admission of "if it doesn't affect me, then I don't give a rats ass" argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join