It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's incredible the people would actually cheer for the police to arrest this man. At first I thought they were cheering for the collage student. It looks like he was exercising the right to free speech, even if it might have been a heavy exercise.

~Grand

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I don't think I'm gonna ask any politicians who come here a question.

The cops here tazered an old man in the BACK!
He suffered a heart attack from it. He did live to SUE and the cops
admitted to using excessive force.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeah,
This stuff is a major abuse of power.
The student did not need to get tazered by the police.
Police are becoming to over confident, the system needs a reform.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Id have struggled and resisted to, they had no rights to put their hands on him he committed no crimes....

He asked a question, they assaulted him...

"not directed at you"

How much more of this crap is it gonna take before people wake up and see the road we are headed down...

[edit on 17-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Getting arrested for asking questions. That seems quite illogical to me. I guess we will have to keep asking questions - and getting arrested for asking them - until something happens because our corporate controlled media outlets won't ask the questions.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
WRONG! He was tasered because he was violently resisting the officers. They even warned him and did not comply. Don't spread bull.

The only thing WRONG here is your response to this video. If you do not know your right, please go learn them If you saw anything in this video that justifies the treatment of this collage student, then clearly you do not know your rights as a citizen or you do know them in word but not in practice.

#1. This kid is asking a question in a forum in which he is encouraged to do so. When did this become a crime? Even if his question was not popular, when did unpopular speech become a crime? This is also known as the Larry Flynt defense. His case was based on "unpopular" speech and went all the way to the US Supreme Court and Flynt won.

#2. For asking a question these "Officers" walked right up to him and assaulted him. They did not ask that he step outside, they did not ask him anything. They march up to him and begin to manhandle him toward the door. In the USA that is NOT how we are supposed to do things.

#3. What you call resisting I call defending. If someone (police or not) walks up to me and begins to grab on me, you will be lucky to walk away with all your teeth intact in your head. However, we did not see that in this video. The kid was not being aggressive. All he really was doing was preventing these officers from handcuffing him. I would have done the same thing especially since they did not tell me WHY and because I was simply asking questions which in this country is NOT ILLEGAL. You have the right to ask ANYONE, ANYTHING you want. The government does not decide what you can ask and should you ask a question they dislike, you get arrested for it. It does not work like that in the USA. Or at least it shouldn't.

#4. Kerry himself seemed surprised. You can hear him saying, "No I want to answer his questions" so in essence the kid was arrested and tased for asking questions to someone who was willing to answer them? Explain this to me like I am a 5 year old...where is the crime? Since when is mutual conversation against the law? Please show me this law which would enable police to use force against me while I conversate with another person. I would love to see it. In the real world we like to call this "abuse of power".

#5. Have you EVER heard of "reasonable force"? This kid is pinned down to the ground. You are telling me at the point in which he was tased he was a threat to someone? If anything he was a pain in the a** for these cops, but not a threat. If it was a matter of not allowing himself to be cuffed, can you really sit here and tell me that not one of the 15 cops standing on him or above him could have simply pulled his arm out? It was absolutely necessary to tase him? From where I sit, the kid was threatened with tasing. Then you hear him begging not to tase him. AT that point it is safe to assume that he will let you cuff him because he is scared of being hit with a taser. So why tase him anyway? This is what we in the real world who know our rights call "excessive force".

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, I wished he would of knocked out all of those cops but then again I'm happy he didnt or he would probably be in prison for a couple of years. I dont expect this on any news channels besides Tucker (love that guy). This reminds me of that skateboarding day police brutality video and it's scary because these videos seem to be coming out more frequently

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This video made me sick- why did all these "sheeple" in the audience allow the storm troopers to just muscle this kid out of the auditorium?
The kid had his arms in the air half the time, obviously NOT resisting. Just because a cop says "stop resisting" doesn't mean a person is resisting. Have we really become that suggestible in this country?
Those cops sure are bada**- it only took like 8 of them to take this poor kid down. The kid showed good self-restraint though, I don't think I could have resisted after they persisted to lay hands on...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

MasterRegal : WRONG! He was tasered because he was violently resisting the officers. They even warned him and did not comply. Don't spread bull.

section8citizen:

Have you EVER heard of "reasonable force"? This kid is pinned down to the ground. You are telling me at the point in which he was tased he was a threat to someone? .

He was tased as punishment for daring to insist that the cops obey the law. I
have seen them used as corporal punishment by cops before. Unacceptable by any thinking person's standards.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The cops should have grabbed him if he was getting rowdy, cuffed him and led him to a cop car. Let him cool off for a minute and release him.

That would be much more humane then "Taze him!" All the cops and they couldn't take out one guy
Well if I ever get in trouble I should just expect to get tazed....even if it's parking in a commuter parking lot for a couple of minutes.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
heres another video with a different perspective:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
All of the people should have helped fight the police off of that guy and then stay standing waiting for Kerry to answer. Sounds of piglets... disgusting... all we have to do is eliminate the executioner model and they have nothing to fear.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordHrodric
The cops should have grabbed him if he was getting rowdy, cuffed him and led him to a cop car. Let him cool off for a minute and release him.

That would be much more humane then "Taze him!" All the cops and they couldn't take out one guy
Well if I ever get in trouble I should just expect to get tazed....even if it's parking in a commuter parking lot for a couple of minutes.

Our society has come to accept and ask for "punishment", in all aspects of our society.
If someone doesnt follow the norm, they should be punished, at least thats what has been happening.
I think its sickening, and a telling reflection of the people who cheered this "abuse" of this person, who was only asking questions, in the very so-called "democracy" that they talk about endlessly.
If you advise them, that it is actually a republic, they stare at you like you are on crack by the way.
Get the cops badge number, when you deal with them, and their names.
Look them up in the phone book, on the net, and find them in their daily lives away from work, and leave them on the ground after you tase them, and things will change.
Until then, we are only cattle, being taken to the corral, and then back to pasture, nothing more.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by weatherguru]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

IMO he was tazed for the amusement of the cops and to be taught a lesson that next time he will just do as he is told.

Keep in mind, In your quote I was responding to what was said by another. The first part of what you quoted was not my quote.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Lets get something done here,
1.Where was this?
2.Lets find out who these cops were.
3.Launch mass complaints to their HQ
4.Demand the DA to file charges against these criminals.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I disagree, the kid is clearly resisting arrest. The real issue here is weather or not he should have resisted. IMO the kid was right. I would have resisted arrest also. It is not illegal to ask questions, especially in a forum where that is encouraged. So why is he under arrest? If the reasons for his "arrest" are bogus, is he really resisting?

The other issue here is that the cops assaulted this kid. The second they reached out and began manhandling him that was assault. If he was under arrest, he should have been told so and given the option to comply. He was never given an option. This situation was esculated by the officers. The kid does himself no favors, but I can't blame him. I would have acted very similar if not worse if I was being arrested for asking questions during a Q&A session.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The opening post has been edited to include a proper external news source, subject line and story snippet.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
People lets just completely remove the police from this situation, Replace the badges with ordinary folks.

Now lets ask ourselves Was this right?

What would have happened to these individuals had they done what these officers did?

What charges would they be facing?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Thanks for finding that article.
Thanks for your help.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The for sure way to tell if we are becoming a police state is to go out and Exercise your Rights.

They say we have free speech: Then go out and see if we do, this guy apparently does not have free speech. Apparently in they eyes of the authorities right after he asked the question about skull and bones the female cop nods to another cop and they grab him even while Kerry is like hold on let me answer his question. Freedom of speech in America today has become a myth. You have freedom of speech if you ask the right questions. In many cases today you have free speech only if you have the right permit, or your in a free speech zone.

Non lethal weapons: I'm appalled that there was like 19 cops around this guy, but they had to resort to a Taser. If the goal was to subdue him and to arrest him, they could have done that easily. That wasn't the goal the goal was to shut him up, and the tasering did that quite effectively.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join