It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is a horrible example of the clamp down on freedom of speech. Any politician should know that if you speak to an audience you should expect questions that won't be run of the mill. And to be tasered aswell? Surely that would have been more to keep him quiet rather than subdue him physically, the pigs could have done that easily enough themselves.

He's lucky it was Kerry and not Bush though, otherwise he may have been roasted alive and fed to the rest of the audience.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
He's lucky you know, in the future it wont be like this.

Forced to the ground then a quick jab with an epipen loaded with knockout drug to the thigh.

Lights out, no screaming, no scene.

Send me a postcard from the police state.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

boondock, he didn't look dangerous to me, then again with such a high profile speaker as Kerry, the police most likely are on heightened alert.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just what our country needs, another firvolous lawsuit where people will lose their jobs because of the selfish action of another. I suggest you check out Chris Rock's How to act around police for a good laugh at how the real world is, like it or not. However, these were campus police who asked him to leave and did not.

You know, we should all be more concerned with the sorties that Russia is once again running....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
However, these were campus police who asked him to leave and did not.

So what law was he breaking? He was asking a question. Since when can police tell you what to do if you are not committing a crime?

Maybe thats the way it actually works in the US, but thats not the normal way a society should work. Police are supposed to be helping people, not enjoying torturing them.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
I am surprised we are focusing on the police and the kid but how about Kerry The poster boy of war protests during the Vieitnam war, the man who sent his medals "soaring" in the air (or copies of them ) amid chants of hell now we won't go!..One would think he would have yelled out here, let that man speak! no, just a halfhearted I wanna answer that,

Sys

Great point, I noticed that too, actually he could have walked out to them and stopped it.

Did you notice how small the crowd was?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Just what our country needs, another firvolous lawsuit where people will lose their jobs because of the selfish action of another. I suggest you check out Chris Rock's How to act around police for a good laugh at how the real world is, like it or not. However, these were campus police who asked him to leave and did not.

You know, we should all be more concerned with the sorties that Russia is once again running....

I wouldn't call this a frivolous lawsuit at all. I hope they do lose there jobs.

Funny that you mentioned Russia, it seems to me we needed the big red menace to insure our freedoms.

So in your point of view the police can do nothing wrong??

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Interesting how in a thread that has to do with civil rights you mention this, and I don't mean you did it in a thread derailing way, but the fact that somehow Russia doesn't have the RIGHT to run sorties, and America does.

I thought it was just an interesting little tie-in is all.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Wow, you guys are looking WAY too far into this, IMO. You really think he had an agenda? I see a guy who's adrenaline got the best of him, followed by CAMPUS police who's adrenaline got the best of them too. I had to talk one my friends down from the same situation once, drunk and beligerant, surrounded by cops about to get his arse kicked, while talking crap to them the WHOLE time. Amazingly, they let me drag him away without clubbing him, I thought for SURE they were gonna, he was insulting their wives and everything.

I think everybody involved was at fault to a degree, the student got on an adrenaline fueled resistance high, and the cops didn't need to use the tazer, probably also adrenaline fueled. I'd be willing to bet money those cops had NO idea what Skull & Bones is, so I highly doubt that's why he was taken out.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Read all my post and you know my feeling about the police. No, police do wrongs as well as doctors, lawyers even teachers and welfare workers. Everywhere there is a bad seed.

Point is that after further research, it seems that this kid was already instructed not to approach the mike and he was not allowed to ask a question because he did not go through the proper channels to be in the forum. So it would seem that the Campus police had already warned him BEFORE he got to the microphone. ARe you supposed to blatantly ignore an officers request to a simple issue? Do not approach the mike. It was minutes after that he was hit with the tazer, after he would not simply follow the rules.

Once again, part of this story is bieng told. I am getting info now from students up there so if there are any on this post please post the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Everyone has an agenda.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
John Kerry during the debates told the crowed that Bush had stock in a lumber company. Bush's only response was do you want some wood. Turns out Kerry knew something was in the works but did not mention it. About 6 months after Bush was sworn is as president he opened up a large amount of old growth forest for lumbering. It's clear they are all in the same group.

www.forestcouncil.org...

www.nativeforest.org...

www.enn.com...

Looks like Bush gave his stocks a boost. Clearly using the position of president to make alot of money. Kerry knew about this before it happened so you can see the money grab that goes on in Washington D.C..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Point is that after further research, it seems that this kid was already instructed not to approach the mike and he was not allowed to ask a question because he did not go through the proper channels to be in the forum.

OH, no kidding, so then he does have some sorta reputation for this sorta behaviour, which would explain the crowds reaction, like I said in a previous post.,

Interesting

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
have u guys seen the avrege american comments to this on break.com

most americans there thinks the police did right and some one guy i think said he was gonna go look for this kid and beat him up for being annoying those comments on break broke my heart it showed how ignorant we humans are

allot of people was happy that the boy was tazered thats just *SNIP* up

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by dahl]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
After thought,

Why did they want to stop him from asking questions?

That is certainly unfair.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dahl

I detest violence dahl, I kept yelling stop at the TV, they didn't have to keep zapping him.

link   
Well, yeah, if you mention Skull and Bones or any other type of anomaly/secret government type stuff, then... I mean, infinite 'cops' could appear and stop you before you go further. This is "You're really not supposed to know" type stuff. One time I even saw some aliens appear to shut the guy up...
I could go further by pointing out censorship/etc. on ATS, but you get what I'm saying.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
After thought,

Why did they want to stop him from asking questions?

That is certainly unfair.

Probably because the way he talked to Kerry. I'm sure many of the people in the audience were Kerry fans.

"You a coward, Senator Kerry, and you are still a coward for not contesting the elections"

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Looks like Bush gave his stocks a boost. Clearly using the position of president to make alot of money. Kerry knew about this before it happened so you can see the money grab that goes on in Washington D.C..

That's how the brotherhood takes care of one another. Bonesman before all else. Any kind of differences are just an illusion for the public. It's basically one big joke and 'they're' laughing their balls off at us! The joke's on us.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Point is that after further research, it seems that this kid was already instructed not to approach the mike and he was not allowed to ask a question because he did not go through the proper channels to be in the forum.

Viable sources please?

Because for someone who wasn't supposed to be on the mic, he seemed to have an awfully long time to say what he had to say before the microphone got cut off.

And anyway, since when has hijacking a microphone in a public event been the kind of thing that gets you physically manhandled out of a room and tasered?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join