It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes, the ultimate in fear control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Man, are we getting a BIG dose of "Nukes" lately. Iran wants nukes, NK has nukes. Pakistan, even though an ally, has nukes. THE FEAR OF OBLITERATION! I'm seeing this more and more of this recently. nukes, Nukes, NUKES! It sure worked during the Cold War, back when there was actually a threat of global annihilation. Hey, let's bring it back, we have a winner here.

Why not biological weapons? Nah, not as much of an impact. The younger ones didn't REALLY know about the nuclear threat but they've heard about it from their parents. Let's play on their imaginations. GLOBAL INCINERATION. It could happen, only needs a spark. Iran goes after nukes, the US goes in. No biggie there BUT then Russia or China takes exception to this. O... M...G!!!

Is this being sold? If so, who's buying?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I obviously can not speak for anyone but me but it doesn't really do anything to me. Maybe thats from growing up in the seventies and eighties. Seems I remeber every other movie back when I was a kid being about the end or the big one. I still remember Damnation Alley with Jan Micheal Vincent. Or the Day After with Jason Robards. Talk about burning an image into a kids head. Nothing like dying slowing from radiation sickness. That and up until Junior High School they were still telling me just to get under my desk. Cause, you know, those old wooden desks can stop anything, even a nuclear warhead. If it wasn't that, if was the fear that the Ruskies would just invade. Good ole Patrick Swayze and his fellow wolverines put a stop to that though!

But seriously. I guess it may have skipped a generation. I have the same bad attitude now as I did then: If it happens it happens and I hope to God that I am right under it. Quick and painless as opposed to slow and agonizing.

But you have to wonder, what kind of man could initiate something like that. Does he just casually walk up to that red phone and laugh as he blows away the world?

new topics

join