It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Website Threatens Teenaged Video Vigilante

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Vengeance is mine sayeth the webcam! I could say so much more but this link is literally worth a thousand words! To quote an old saying, the fat lady has sung!www.stltoday.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind
Sometimes I wonder if cops fear education more than guns.
(exiting soapbox)

There you have it. Keep in mind that Cops are not the brightest lights on the tree. Some have a good reason for being cops and it is honest but others, unfortunately, are just too dumb to do anything else. Protect and serve? Who? Themselves!

I appreciate that they are constantly in danger in some areas but they need to be re-educated in some instances.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I was raised by a policeman and had nothing but respect and admiration for them. Now that I'm older and have had a few experiences with them I have nothing but contempt and suspicion. No matter where you run into these idiots they seem to have some sort of attitude problem. They deal with a lot of bad people but that's THEIR JOB, that's what they signed up for and by no means should they take it out on the law abiding people of any community. We should all become more vigilant when dealing with the police, it's our duty as citizens. If we're not, the checks and balances falls apart giving unrestricted power to these a**holes.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
Partly, it is the result of hiring vetrans of military service as shoo ins for police service if they are in possession of honourable discharges.
Instead of hiring and training civilians to police america, A large proportion of Police officers are combat vetrans instead.
Attitudes like that of the miitary have little place in police work.
Yet the prevailing mind set of police in america seems to be on the level of Attack on precinct 13....(a dumb movie at best)
By isolating police from the populace over the preceding decades we have created a virtual army of occupation instead of protectors of the people.

This is probably the best post I have seen on this thread and I am in total agreement. Very Nice Bergle

I think a lot of people fail to realize this, I know I did until I saw this post. I always think about how the police USED to be. I see how they are NOW. I just never really put any thought into HOW it happened which very well may be the most telling part of the equation.

As an update...the St. George cop has been fired and there is talk of firing the Chief and/or closing up the whole St. George department and handing things over to St. Louis county. My opinion is all this is being done as a distraction and if they close up this department, I would not be at all shocked to see all the officers going to work for St. Louis county, including the Chief. The Chief has not gotten anywhere near the amount of coverage that the cop had gotten, so he may be able to lay low for a bit and quitely reappear later.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Not sure if it has been posted in the inbetween pages or not but here is the link to the website that the local police post to;

St. Louis Cop Talk

I didn't give it much of a look. Just thought I would post it here for those that want to look into it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
thanks for the link.. this thread deserved a bump anyhow

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
[This is in addition to Sergeant Kuehnlein's videotaped threat that, "we will ruin your career and life and everything else you have coming before you."]

I see this as no idle threat, but a reference to putting the youngster on ‘the list’ of those to be targeted for lifetime harassment by a behind the scenes Stasi type police net that is now in place all over the western world. You don’t have to have actually done anything wrong to get targeted, you need only piss off the wrong person. See the links below.

www.gangstalkingworld.com...
www.multistalkervictims.org...
www.raven1.net...

apc

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

SHH! I'm working on it. Gimme a year.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ok I will defend the cops.....Most cops have little common sense. All the old cops that did, have gotten out of the game. The new breed are fat, lazy, and weak. We taught boxing to our last batch of idiots last week and NONE had ever been in a fight! Hell by 17 I was in bars getting my butt kicked..lol....This new generation had BAD parents and now are bad cops. Just the way they were raised.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Question: Why is it, common passenger vehicles don't come equipped with a data recording device, not unlike the "black box" used on airliners and other forms of transportation.

unless everyone masters the technology, these itmes will be tools of those who do.

take an airliner's FDR, if it contains undesired data (think 9/11 or flight 587, which crashed at Queens) it'll be corrupted (lol) or simply go missing altogether (9/11).

if you're caught in an accident and the car's wreck is hauled away, all bets are off, take resistor's post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or

www.abovepolitics.com...

it doesn't take fringe scnearios, just imagine the stakes. if there's a lot to be gained, it will be done or at least attempted.

as with all new and flashy technologies, they are all too often considered fool proof and offer tremendous framing value, see f.ex: www.newscientist.com... iow. the data recorder will work as advertised in 99% of all cases and be used to purposefully ruin someone's life in 1%.

it boils down to trust, doesn't it? the question is whether this trust is actually deserved.

[edit on 23.9.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This cop and any others that berate and belitte citizens should be fired and fined. This kid should get over a million dollars for this harrassment from the county, sorry tax payers, thank the Sheriff. Police are under paid. Thank our government for underpaying our law officers. I would gladly pay another 10 dollars a year in tax to raise the pay of cops significantly. If you want good cops, make it a job people will compete for and want to have. Otherwise you have good mixed with the bad. The more money the job pays, the more candidates. Right now, we are struggling just to get cops. Its hard enough as it is to find police to work in some of our cities.

apc

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm choking down my own vomit to say this, but I'm actually going to join my local ACLU over this.

In light of their reaction to police abuse of power, giving out free cameras to St. Louis residents, I am going to request all information they have on the laws pertaining to monitoring police activity. I feel it is appropriate and desirable to ally myself with them on this issue.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Cops only respect force or being ruined financially. Thats it. If you can sue them for enough, which is very difficult unless you were beaten half to death without provocation and can prove it, you might get their attention. great system, huh? If a cop acst beyond the scope of his duties, in many cases the insurance that the employer of the cop will not cover damgaes and the cop can lose everything that he has. Most cops don't have much, at least you can take some comfort in ruining one's life substantially but that is little comfort if you are maimed or badly injured.

The other way is direct action: Targeting cops that abuse citizens preemptively. If a group of trained and committed individuals were able to surveille a cop and take verying levels of action to convince him to stop abusing citizens rights. If a cop were grabbed and taken to a remote location, theoretically, of course, as all of this is: He could be convinced I am sure that if he did not change his ways and tell his pals to do the same, that the next level would not be as kind.

It might not take many examples to make cops polite and following procedures, lest they chance upon someone who could notify the Advisers. Advising cops to charge would be a good thing, I think.The fear factor would do the job:And a website could be created by some admirer of the phenomenon for people to post the nemas and towns of cops who abuse, give the details, and the Advisers would make a determination as to action. Surely a few former militray types with training could pull off a convincing psy op where no one gets killed but the effects are felt far and wide.

Secretive and exclusive, such a group could do what no amount of letter writing and lawyers and complaining could ever do. I am dreaming, of course, but it would be nice to imagine justice in some form for those dogs who abuse us and get away with it: They should be held accountable, by someone. Might make a great movie, huh?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seems the local Law Enforcement (whose laws?) idiots are still making their presence felt in this case.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

It appears these bullies intend to harrass this young man for having the audacity to stick up for himself. Perhaps now is the time for someone far up the food chain to start handing out firings for any officer going anywhere near the guy, but maybe that would just make things worse for him.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join