It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War With China Is Coming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When you think of petro politics and the future, one terrible fact looms: Because of China's ever increasing demand for oil and the fact that world reserves are finite, one day in the not so distant future, the United States will most likely find itself at war with China. Where? In the Mid-East, of course. Gee Wally, good thing we got all those bases over there! China has now taken over Japan as the world's second largest consumer of crude oil after the U.S.

Just an aside: I don't know how many of you out there are familiar with biblical prophecy; but, in the book of Revelation it says that at the point of Armageddon, China's forces will march on Israel (down a dried up Euphrates River.) This merely confirms what all the trends political point to. It's pretty heavy stuff.

Here's an article about China and the current situation.

China Unable To
Quench Thirst For Oil
By Victor Mallet
The Financial Times - UK
1-21-4

HONG KONG -- China's fast-growing economy has overtaken Japan to become the world's second largest consumer of crude oil after the US, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA) and the Chinese government.
www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Now it begins to make sense why we're over in the Middle East.

Meanwhile the Chinese have indirect control of the Panama canal.

Hmm, I'm gonna have to stare a the chess board for awhile

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It is, indeed, heavy. I've been talking about this now for over a decade. Only now are people really starting to see.

Russia will be there, too, by the way. They have the same rotten problem we do. One thing is for sure, when it goes down, it ain't gonna be pretty.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

The Woman and the Dragon
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: Gen. 37.9

2 and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. Mic. 4.10

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, Dan. 7.7 and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: Dan. 8.10 and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, Is. 66.7 who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: Ps. 2.9 and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael Dan. 10.13, 21 ; 12.1 Jude 9.1--0.1 and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, Gen. 3.1 called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, Lk. 10.18 and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven,
Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren Job. 1.9-11 0.1--0.1 ; 0.3 ; 0.1--0.1 is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, Dan. 7.25 ; 12.7 from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman; and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I have always been taught that the child represented Israel or the first church and that the dragon represented Satan. But, if you take the dragon for China then yes you get a very different picture.

The Next Year of The Dragon According
To The Chinese Calendar Falls On 2012,
What Is "Astounding" Is That In The 12th
Chapter of The Book of Revelation We
Find A Great Dragon Seeking To Destroy
The "Nation" Which Produced The 12
Apostles & The 12 Tribes of Israel, This
Dragon Seeks To Destroy & Overwhelm
"Tiny" Israel Via A "Floodlike" Attack...
...What Is "Revealing" Is That This
Prophecy Is Found In The 12 Chapter of
The Book of Revelation, Coincidences ???
Another Astounding "Coincidence" Is The
Question of The Ancient Mayan Calendar,
"It" "Coincidentally" Ends In The Year

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the outstanding post! It's no coincidence - at least not in my opinion! There is no other logical outcome if you think about it.

I always knew what the end time prophecies said, what countries were spoken of.. but I could never see it play out until this administration took over. It's as plain as the nose on your face now. The most frightening aspect about the prophecies is that geographically speaking, the United States of America is NOT mentioned. I'm inclined to believe (especially because of the battle over petro dollars/euros) that our economy will collapse, knocking us down to third world status.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So ECK, I guess your trying to indicate that "everything" is working towards the fulfillment of prophecy or, in truth, is it all merely just coincedence?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's a statement made by Mike Ruppert (From the Wilderness.com) concerning Peak Oil:

Now is the time when the presidential candidates and every leader in the world must come to acknowledge Peak Oil and tell the world the truth. It is here. It is now. And sadly, as we have consistently said since 9/11, people are dying. Whether from hypothermia and frostbite, or from bombs and terror attacks, the cause is the same: the world is running out of hydrocarbon energy.

Ruppert's site www.copvcia.com is one of the best resources I have found on the web. If you wanna take a good look at what's really going on with regard to petro politics - check it out! You won't be sorry.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
So ECK, I guess your trying to indicate that "everything" is working towards the fulfillment of prophecy or, in truth, is it all merely just coincedence?

regards
seekerof

Hey Seekerof,

Yes, I believe (personally) in biblical prophecy. I just threw that specific prophecy in as an aside for anyone interested.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
www.forbes.com...

Entrepreneurs
Remade in America
John Turrettini, 01.12.04

Jamey Bennett started off manufacturing his reading lamps in China. Now he uses a U.S. plant--and it has nothing to do with patriotism
If you have invented a novel reading lamp, the next step is to have it made in Asia, right? That didn't work out for James Bennett. It wasn't just the midnight calls to Guangdong Province, China that got to him, or the hassle of changing manufacturers when the first one refused to accommodate his suggestions. The final straw: When he ordered 5,000 LightWedge devices, only 2,000 arrived, four months late and many with lenses scratched and "some kind of mysterious goop" on the clear plastic surface. Even before the damaged shipment, the delay had already cost him $1.5 million in lost wholesale revenues.

A big setback for a guy who'd thought up the idea at age 17 as an adjunct to his collection of neon-light paraphernalia for beer drinkers. Three years ago Bennett put the dream to work by spending $30 on acrylic, switches and aluminum. His idea was to modify the so-called light pipe effect, where light beamed in on the top edge of a piece of glass comes out the bottom edge. His innovation was to shave a hardcover-size flat piece of clear acrylic into a gentle, continuous wedge, with light-emitting diodes shooting light into the fat top end of the wedge; the gradual fall-away of the glass forces the light out evenly across the surface, illuminating the page beneath it. Result: better light distribution than standard lamps and minimal excess glare to disturb bedmates.

Prototype in hand, Bennett wasn't ready to start making the LightWedge yet. "Build it and they will come' is the stupidest business plan," he says. "You have to get demand first." He should know. As cofounder of Internet home loan provider LendingTree in 1996, Bennett built a Web site and amassed hundreds of loan applications before approaching banks. (He cashed out of LendingTree, pocketing an estimated $2 million.)

Bennett's first plan of attack with LightWedge was to hit up contacts he had in the book industry, where he'd made his first million at the age of 27. That's when he sold an umbrella Web site for publishers, called BookWire, to a unit of Reed Elsevier. Old connections opened doors at Barnes & Noble; he cold-called Levenger, the mail-order vendor of furniture and gadgets for readers. They liked what they saw. "The LightWedge definitely had ooh' quality," says Steven Leveen, Levenger's president.

With commitments for orders, Bennett plowed in another $60,000 to complete the design and engineering. He then met with a Taiwanese trading company to get to a factory in southern China. With another $80,000 of his own for letters of credit, he bought the tooling in China and began production in early spring 2002.

For the first several months it all hummed along nicely--until plans for a paperback-size version. The factory brushed aside all requests for any modification to the original design. Fed up, he took his new business to a plant in Shanghai. Mistake: The factory couldn't produce the right plastic textures or build to spec; Bennett spent months rejecting faulty prototypes. The late, defective shipment proved a breaking point. "If I spent a week out of every month in south China overseeing every detail, I could get what I want, no problem," says Bennett. "But I don't have the resources to do that."

Time for a radical fix--bringing the manufacturing back home. He solicited five bids for the work. A Canon factory in Newport News, Va. that makes laser printers and cartridges, among other things, won. Within three months LightWedge was back in production. It was a costly move: $140,000 in new tooling and $40,000 in dies still in Shanghai. Bennett also took a hit to the bottom line: Unit costs in the U.S. are 20% higher than in China. All worth it, says Bennett, adding that the plant is turning out "beautiful stuff." He is paying $8 apiece for reading lamps that retail (at Barnes & Noble) for $35. He's counting on netting $200,000 pretax on sales of nearly $2 million for 2003.

Once revenues reach $10 million or so, Bennett, now 35, plans to sell the Nantucket, Mass.-based firm and may launch some new consumer product. If he does, you can bet it will be made in America.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A war with China would destroy the US.

And it probably wouldn't come to that anyway. China could actually cripple the US economy by pulling out trillions of dollars in investments and shutting down borders.

That's right, the US buys more goods from China than any other country in the world and hardly sells anything at all to them. The United States is dependant on China for far more than China is dependant on the US for.

One of the few countries in the world that can claim that.

Best to hope that the US doesn't go into China, it would be a HUGE mistake.

The Chinese don't even need weapons, they can just line up and freakin trample you.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Thanks for the outstanding post! It's no coincidence - at least not in my opinion! There is no other logical outcome if you think about it.

I always knew what the end time prophecies said, what countries were spoken of.. but I could never see it play out until this administration took over. It's as plain as the nose on your face now. The most frightening aspect about the prophecies is that geographically speaking, the United States of America is NOT mentioned. I'm inclined to believe (especially because of the battle over petro dollars/euros) that our economy will collapse, knocking us down to third world status.

The ONLY logical outcome? How about an alternate power source is discovered in 2 years? One that is cheaper and more efficient than oil. Look at a car for example. the internal combustion engine is incredibly innefficient. See all that exaust that comes out? Wasted energy. All the heat produced? Wasted energy.

The technology of using explosions as a source of energy is hundreds of years old (guns and cannon). The same things they are looking at for firearms could probably be used for cars, heating and everything explosions and combustion are used for.

And maybe the United Staes was not mentioned in the prophesies of the Bible because the United States did not exist back then, therefore the MEN that wrote the Bible could not name it.

And the Bible specifically mentions China? I mean, China existed when the Bible was written, so I suppose they could name it... does the Bible name the Chineese as the destroyer of Israel?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

And it probably wouldn't come to that anyway. China could actually cripple the US economy by pulling out trillions of dollars in investments and shutting down borders.

That's right, the US buys more goods from China than any other country in the world and hardly sells anything at all to them. The United States is dependant on China for far more than China is dependant on the US for.

The Chinese don't even need weapons, they can just line up and freakin trample you.

The US does not NEED what it buys from China. They buy from China because the costs of producing there are cheaper, due to lower wages.

A break in trading would likely hurt China more than the US, because China needs the money more than we need cheap T-shirts.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Last time I looked there were a few thousand miles of open sea between us and unless all of those bastards are shark proof and can swim, they don't stand a chance in hell.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I can agree somwhat with what you have mentioned Jak

But in all honesty, a 'war' with the US will do three significant things:

1) Cripple the world economy.
2) Cripple the US economy.
3) Cripple the Chinese economy.

The three are so intertwined that no one would come out severely unscathed.

There will be no true 'winners' in such a 'war'.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You're right Jak. Waves upon waves of bodies. They literally have people "to burn." And you know they'd do it.

It'll go down in the mid-east. Israel will be the center of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
gadget:"The US does not NEED what it buys from China. They buy from China because the costs of producing there are cheaper, due to lower wages.

A break in trading would likely hurt China more than the US, because China needs the money more than we need cheap T-shirts."

Find me ONE electronic item in your house that wasn't made in China. ONE. Now try to find ONE electronic item in your house that is actually made in the USA (and not just ASSEMBLED in the US with Chinese parts, but top to bottom).

China exports WAAAAY more than t-shirts to the US, all you have to do is look around.

Seeker: Yes, the US and China would both suffer, but in wartime, it's best to have a Communist government. Easier to keep people in line and FAR easier to get fresh new recruits to fill bodybags.

In an actual conventional war, China would mop the floor with the US. Think about how many people are in the US military and multiply that by 40.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gadget

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

The ONLY logical outcome? How about an alternate power source is discovered in 2 years? One that is cheaper and more efficient than oil. Look at a car for example. the internal combustion engine is incredibly innefficient. See all that exaust that comes out? Wasted energy. All the heat produced? Wasted energy.

The technology of using explosions as a source of energy is hundreds of years old (guns and cannon). The same things they are looking at for firearms could probably be used for cars, heating and everything explosions and combustion are used for.

The fact is, even with the alternative technology we have right now, our entire infrastructure is built upon and dependent upon oil. That's the bottom line. Even if we started yesterday to develop a whole new policy - which we should - we are still many years away from being able to effectively employ that on a national scale. Big oil knows this. But, due to their reckless greed, they have done absolutely nothing to protect us. They have sold our nation down the river.

And maybe the United Staes was not mentioned in the prophesies of the Bible because the United States did not exist back then, therefore the MEN that wrote the Bible could not name it.

If you believe in God and the bible, than you would have to say that God knows everything pertaining to his little creation earth. I believe the bible is the divinely inspired word of God written by his followers. If you disagree, I'm not arguing with you. To each his own.

And the Bible specifically mentions China?

Yes, it does.

I mean, China existed when the Bible was written, so I suppose they could name it... does the Bible name the Chineese as the destroyer of Israel?

No, it is mentioned as one of the countries that will descend upon the valley of Megiddo (Armageddon) on that ferocious day. Russia and China are both mentioned.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I agree with you that war with china would be disastrous for the US (and China).

China pulling out trillions of dollars would cripple China as well...
But you should realize that IF there were any hint of hostilities between the 2 nations becoming likely - before China could initiate such an economic event the US would most likely freeze their assets so that they could not be moved out.

This is routine in such situations, it happened to Iraq, even to Afghanistan and individuals suspected of terrorist involvment. Historically, I think it's happened to SYria, Iran, Lybia and the list goes on.

As for the US being dependent on goods bought from China... sure, but that being distrous to the US? are you kidding?

China happens to enjoy most favored nation trade status with the US and, admittedly the US does get cheap goods and services from them - but there are a dozen more Asian and South American nations that desire such a status to do business with the US.

If the US slapped an embargo on Chinese imports 2 things would be certain, China's economy would crash, not fail totally, but it would definitely crash...possibly food riots, etc...
the other thing would be that cheap consumer goods retailers like Wal Mart would go belly-up....

And in response to assertions that China somehow has the market cornered on electronics, etc... I dare to differ with you. Mexico, Malaysia, Singapore, Tiawan, South Korea, Guatamala and Brazil all have great tech industry - and given a most favored nation trade status could also be able to sell us electronic goods as cheaply as china does.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar. Anonymous

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

gadget:"The US does not NEED what it buys from China. They buy from China because the costs of producing there are cheaper, due to lower wages.

A break in trading would likely hurt China more than the US, because China needs the money more than we need cheap T-shirts."

Find me ONE electronic item in your house that wasn't made in China. ONE. Now try to find ONE electronic item in your house that is actually made in the USA (and not just ASSEMBLED in the US with Chinese parts, but top to bottom).

China exports WAAAAY more than t-shirts to the US, all you have to do is look around.

Seeker: Yes, the US and China would both suffer, but in wartime, it's best to have a Communist government. Easier to keep people in line and FAR easier to get fresh new recruits to fill bodybags.

In an actual conventional war, China would mop the floor with the US. Think about how many people are in the US military and multiply that by 40.

The US is more than capable of making thos electronic devices. And put it this way then... does the US need that DVD player more or less than the Chineese need the money?

Also, numbers are MUCH less signifigant in the modern world. Human wave attacks work in Korea (sort of) but that was against semi-auto rifles. How will a human wave attack work against guns firing hundreds (sometimes thousands!) of round a minute?

Send 50,000 men on a human wave assault... how long do you think it would take a squadron of Apaches, or any other attack 'coptors to destroy the combat effectiveness of that force? A disturbingly short amount of time.

Human waves in the age of automatic weaponry actually benefit the defender, as it allows more efficient use of the machine gun.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join