It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our deep ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
okay so i had a crazy theory, i know we know more about space than we do our own oceans. our oceans are so deep that we've never been to the very bottom. But what if there is no bottom, what if you could go from the the very bottom of the pacific ocean and then pop up in the atlantic ocean?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by manbearpig

Hehe like a hole to China theory? Nah because of the earths crust blocking the way.

A hole throught the mantle could cause massive eruptions at first. But once the lava cools is is possible the hole would stay intact for a short time. I really have no idea what would happen to the earth if there was a hole through the mantle. It may cause allot more earthquakes. But thats my guess.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
lmao, love the name and quite fitting! Oh and we have to the bottom of the pacific ocean in some areas. Just not the deep rifts. At least that's what they tell me on the Discovery Channel.

Originally posted by manbearpig
okay so i had a crazy theory, i know we know more about space than we do our own oceans. our oceans are so deep that we've never been to the very bottom. But what if there is no bottom, what if you could go from the the very bottom of the pacific ocean and then pop up in the atlantic ocean?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ha Ha nice theory, but we have covered every area of every other ocean and sea , there is no huge hole going down so where do we 'pop out'

plus gravity wouldnt allow it

new topics

top topics

join