It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon outside my window?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranbo
In regards to you earlier statements:

I'm 15, yes. Does that mean I have to type like someone who's never learned his grammar? No. Anyone with reasonable intelligence can type like this, as proven earlier.

Second of all, yes, there are pictures of the footprints, but I can't get them until later to day at the earliest, I'll also try and get to a scanner to put the police report on.

That sounds good, you know why people ask for such minor things? its because there are like hundreds of people coming on every year telling stories, that could all be made up, showing the police report would back up your story and gain trust and respect, you don't have to do it, but it would help gain trust, and is certainly something rather rare to have some form of evidence to back up a story on this forum.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellipsis
He transforms, so he chose this image to present you. Does it hold a certain meaning in your life?

Originally posted by Ranbo
Come to think of it, the man, sorta looks likes a man from a movie I saw. Wilbur, I think is the name. He used rats to kill people and such. Reallly scared me.

As I pointed out earlier, Willard was the name of the man with the power over rats.

The 2003 remake of the movie by the same name came to mind.

Your drawing's resemblance to Crispin Glover, as Willard, can not be denied:

But if this spirit wished to attach itself to you, why would it assume the shape of someone who frightened you?

Curious.

Since we have just your story to go on, (rather well written for a fifteen year old, I might add, good syntax, very few, if any, spelling errors) one needs to look farther afield for clues to what's really happening here.

In the process of searching the name "Vassago," there's many references to demons and spirits, of course.

But it struck me how often it came up in conjunction with the RPG world.

Both as gamer's names and as the name of game characters and/or weapons.

Examples:

Darth Vassago

Vassogo's Scythe

Beyond that:

It's also the name of a Swedish Death Metal band:

Vassago

A graphic design firm in Luesden, Holland:

Vassago Industries
(check out the flash animation on this site, kind of cool how the "Tyndall effect" of volumetric lighting follows the cursor in the background image, I lost a more than a few minutes there I'll never get back
)

There's even someone on a trucking forum who goes by the handle:

Rev. Vassago
(TBD whether he's a real reverend or not but apparently he likes to drive through walls!)

But I digress...

My point?

It's evident there's a playful spirit afoot in this thread, the hints are there for all to see.

Yet to be determined, are the motives and nature of this intangible being.

Pardon my skepticism, but aren't you up kind of late for someone who's got school tomorrow?

You're not gaming us here now, are you, Ranbo?

Because as creepy as your tail sounds, there are good people here who want to believe and help you if it's true.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So, you're name is Steven. Vassago is pleased. I shall now leave Badwolfs corporeal vessel and.. Look out your window, young Steven - we have things to discuss.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I totally agree you should do as much research as possible as you can before approaching him.

Could be someone you know freaking you out. But could be some weird paedophile or something.

You should confront him but not on your own, thats too risky, make sure you have mates and adults around watching you.

And film it if you can.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Hello, I'm fourteen and I've been playing MMORPGs since I was ten, you can't say that he's lying about the 'demon''s name (might've read it wrong, I'm kind of in a rush) but I've never seen that word before, even if I had, I wouldn't remember it. Although, I agree, that doesn't rule out the possibility that he could've picked it up from a game, but it's kind of a hard word to remember unless you were searching for it..

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Kappo]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have two things to say, If someone says you live at X, dont correct them by saying, no I live at Y. They may just be trying to get where you live, something that you should think about before mentioning.

Anyway, on to my take of the story. If a demon from the southern reaches of hell stops by for a chat, I disagree with the sit and talk idea. You do not need to fear them, but don't let them get further in your head. Just say Go Away and leave.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
what were you doing the week before he showed up? how did you summon hom?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Interesting story. Try this site for the symbol on his forehead, I didn't find it there but someone else might.

www.symbols.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
MY first port of call in these circumstances is to look for the logical explanation.

Please do not take offence at what i am about to ask - i am not closed off to the idea that your encounter was real HOWEVER, i would like to explore other possibilities for which their is evidence of other people reporting these types of experiences.

Your story is not entirely different to the many i hear from those living with mental illness - more specifically schizophrenia which is more common in males and the onset of which commences normally in the teens or early twenties.

One of the most disturbing and puzzling characteristics of schizophrenia is the sudden onset of its psychotic symptoms which include but are not limited to:

* distorted perception of reality (i.e., difficulty telling dreams from reality)
* confused thinking (i.e., confusing television with reality)
* suspiciousness and/or paranoia (fearfulness that someone, or something, is going to harm them)
* hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not real such as hearing voices telling them to do something)
* delusions (ideas that seem real but are not based in reality)

1. Do you have a history of mental illness in your family?

2. Do you ever hear voices?

Just curious to know........not saying you ARE schizophrenic however your story is similar to many i hear in my line of work.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
what were you doing the week before he showed up? how did you summon hom?

I have a vague suspicion if this is happening to him that Vassago is trying to get to someone close to him that may have summoned him. The uncle seems like a likely target here since he is a paranormal investigator.

His answer to his nephew regarding the whole thing seemed vague and surprisingly uninterested for someone who studies those things...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
So, you're name is Steven. Vassago is pleased. I shall now leave Badwolfs corporeal vessel and.. Look out your window, young Steven - we have things to discuss.

Ok, all sarcasm and kidding aside, whats up with this?

If your really channeling Vassago then this is creepy as hell. If your playing with this thrread for a good laugh then its a little on the whacked out side of humor that I would deem innapropriate in this situation.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Ellipsis]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm really biting my tongue here but I'm not going to push it as you will all find out soon enough.

Please go back and read the OP's initial post and think about what you are reading.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Why would you hold back? What possible reason is there. Just say it already !

Arent we all here to deny ignorance and find truth?

If you doubt his sincerity and the OP's story please feel free to share your thoughts. No one is going to boo you for it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i remember where i have seen that logo on his forhead. it is similar to a font from the atlantis movie by disney. i belive its the letter A or the number 1 not too sure. it was racking my brain bc i was like "ive seen that before somewhere". tottally irrelevent but similar too i guess.

VASSAGO

Theres a bicycle compant by the name (check out their logo)

a band name

plus some other stuff. i cannot find his name refrenced in any videogame just players named vassago. usually dev's would take the name see the history and change it some if its too dark or if it might offend someone. maybe they did that with his name.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Someone sent me a U2U and challenged me to read this without posting.

As soon as the alarm bells, klaxons, and flashing lights stopped, and I was able to reset my BS meter....I discovered I must post.

This reeks. This will turn out the way the majority of these goofy stories do.....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have to ask why so many people question its authenticity without stating their reasons?

What is your motive for coming here, saying its untrue, but not presenting a reasonable argument to prove it?

I accept that it is a abnormal if not unreal story that seems a little out there, but this is a perfect outlet for something such as this if it were truth.

In a community of intelligent people such as yourselves, I expect more then "my BS meter went off but I wont tell you why".

If you say you can hit the home run then by all means step up to the plate and prove it, dont jeer at others from the sidelines.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellipsis
I expect more then "my BS meter went off but I wont tell you why".

If you say you can hit the home run then by all means step up to the plate and prove it, dont jeer at others from the sidelines.

Chill. Its not that I won't...its that the whole package adds up to zero, and until I can focus what I sense about the story and put it into text....that's the best you're gonna get....'cause frankly, even this response is more than I really cared to add to this.

And don't distract yourself from the OP just to launch a tirade at me......I've seen all of those comments before, and I'm used to them....just like I'm used to nailing these BS stories right on the head....

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ranbo states that the police took photos of the footprints, is this usual procedure for an incident which the police believe to be just some kinda peeping tom? Also Ranbo states that he will get some footprint photos up here, do the police hand out copies of the photos that they take?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The OP comes here with a story. We talk him through it, ask for evidence, ask questions, try to listen and understand the story and come to our own conclusions.

Your post, although cleverly you make it appear as if I am personally 'tirading on you" and avoiding the issue is clearly meant to debunk or disprove his story.

I respect the search for truth in this matter. I however do not see how coming into the thread and stating that it is BS without presenting your ideas or thoughts does anything to contribute to the thread itself. Maybe I am wrong.

So, now that I am finished with that response, I will await the OP's return and responses and apologize for taking the thread off-topic.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sorry Ranbo but i got another point i need to raise,
you titled this topic 'demon outside my window?', you claim that you have not heard the name vassago before, you don't (or didn't) know anything about this demon, in your first post you claim that Vassago told you his name and you had no idea what he meant...

so why did you call him a demon in your title?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join