It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon outside my window?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
behindthescenes: Can you confirm that this was an EXPULSION? IOW, a removal from school for the year, not just a suspension, which is temporary (3-10 days). An expulsion would indicate more serious misconduct.

And can you give us any details about the nature of the expulsion? That would help resolve whether we're dealing with another Eistein, as saint is implying.

I wonder if parents of 95% of the expelled kids pull an Einstein card, too???

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
"Chuckle chuckle", I'm not labelling anyone an Einstein. I'm saying that different people have different situations. You really don't know what's going on in that house (and neither do I). I was suicidal, played with occult, caused trouble in school, and got into fist fights with my sibling, but after getting through all that, I completed college, am married with kid and am working as a biochemist. So, ya never know. I'm just asking for benefit of the doubt before passing judgement...if judgement must be passed at all.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
It seems to be a point in his credit. If he is saying he's home schooled, be it due to expulsion or not, that fact checks out. If he said that he never did anything wrong in school, then you have weighty evidence to show his statement is likely false. So far it looks like what has been established is he's not the most disciplined of students...bearing in mind that in 5th grade Albert Einstein was kicked out of school because of his math grades. Did that make him a liar?

Regarding obituaries, isn't that something that people call in to the newspaper and have to pay to have printed? I don't know, I've not had to put one in yet.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by saint4God]

There are two types of obits: Paid and free run.

Paid is when you as the family write a eulogy to run in the paper, usually longer and more detailed. The free run is really just covered by the funeral home and just includes the basic details: Name, date of death, date and time of service and any basic instructions (like "in lieu of flowers...")

So in short, something would have appeared in the local paper one way or another. Not sure what prompted him to make up the death of a relative, except to forward his narrative.

The boy ought to write a script and get someone to option it in Hollywood. Better use of his talent.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artifexus
behindthescenes: Can you confirm that this was an EXPULSION? IOW, a removal from school for the year, not just a suspension, which is temporary (3-10 days). An expulsion would indicate more serious misconduct.

And can you give us any details about the nature of the expulsion? That would help resolve whether we're dealing with another Eistein, as saint is implying.

I wonder if parents of 95% of the expelled kids pull an Einstein card, too???

No details were given in the report; again I won't divulge the document because of my promise to protect his identity. But the gist was minutes from the local school board meeting, and the board upheld Ranbo's expulsion. While he hasn't responded to my latest request yet on this issue, I can say that he apparently has moved to a different state altogether and has enrolled in a charter school.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
"Chuckle chuckle", I'm not labelling anyone an Einstein. I'm saying that different people have different situations. You really don't know what's going on in that house (and neither do I). I was suicidal, played with occult, caused trouble in school, and got into fist fights with my sibling, but after getting through all that, I completed college, am married with kid and am working as a biochemist. So, ya never know. I'm just asking for benefit of the doubt before passing judgement...if judgement must be passed at all.

You're confusing the issue. I'm not trying to pass judgment on the individual, I'm trying to make a judgment on the validity of the claims. Nowhere did I say that he is a bad person, or wouldn't ultimately be successful/productive member of society, yadda yadda. But if his misconduct and apparent lie are accurate, then the rest of his claims can be taken with a grain of salt.

The individual may deserve empathy, but his claims don't deserve belief (trust).

I acknowledge we don't know 100% for sure that he lied or was expelled, but it seems very likely at this point.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
There are two types of obits: Paid and free run.

Paid is when you as the family write a eulogy to run in the paper, usually longer and more detailed. The free run is really just covered by the funeral home and just includes the basic details: Name, date of death, date and time of service and any basic instructions (like "in lieu of flowers...")

So in short, something would have appeared in the local paper one way or another. Not sure what prompted him to make up the death of a relative, except to forward his narrative.

Learned something new! ATS can indeed be educational. Thanks for this explanation. Now looking to Ranbo for his.

Thanks for your clarification Artifexus, I think that sounds a lot more fair and balanced than your previous statement. I'll say the glass is half full, though it sounds you and behindthescenes say it's half emply. Overall we're trying to see if it is neither but rather full or empty.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Ah, I'm just getting a lot less trusting in my old age, but I'm still an optimistic realist. Or is that realistic optimist?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
hey, i just stumbled upon this thread, and i don't really post very much, but this is pretty creepy, when i was younger, not quite 15, but probably around 16-17? a junior or so in highschool, we had a peeping tom at my house, who was arrested by the police, a strange little looking man, and im from a fairly small town, and it wasn't a local, even made the newspaper article where they post everything the cops do *yes, small town*, well after my Mom caught this guy looking in through the window, just me and her were home, i went outside with a baseball bat, and im a big guy, so i can scare people away, but the guy was already gone, even though it was only a few seconds by the time my Mom saw him and I ran outside, but we called the police, and this guy was arrested down the street, we watched the whole thing. He said his name was Vassago, and i would never have guessed it to be spelled like that, but im not smart, but he said it fairly loud, like a magician would say it, u know, THE GREAT VASSAAGGOOO, (he didn't say the great tho, but u get my point) and talked really weird and yelled at the cops and such. . . and nothing was ever heard about that again? pretty strange though we both had a peeping tom claiming to be Vassago. . . i just thought he was a weirdo. . .

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by immedicated

Interesting...

Could you provide some particulars, like approximate time/date/location?

How about the name of the paper that ran the story?

If you're uncomfortable giving detailed info publicly you can u2u me once you have 20 posts under your belt.

And, lest I be remiss, welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
keep a camera with you (or camera phone?) and just take a picture next time you see him, and then post it here

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Update! Update! Update!

Okay, I'm not even sure how to begin this, other than to say Ranbo's story is officially a hoax.

Again, I'm going to tred carefully as to not give away anything that can identify Ranbo or the assorted family members. Two days ago, I received a barage of angry emails from Ranbo's mother, who, understandably, was agitated and wondered why a 33-year-old was asking such line of questioning of her son. I was open and honest, told her that her son had made some fantastic claims on our web site regarding being haunted by a demon and I, as a researcher, was fact checking some of his claims.

In short, after being assured that I was not a stalker, she responded by saying that her son was most definitely pulling our leg, that no police report was ever filed for a peeping tom and that her son has done this before.

From the email:

If my son wrote a story that some people believed, well, I can only say he is a good writer and some people are very gullible. He has had his computer taken away and he is not going to be on that site again. He has not seen or talked with any demon and I have not ever called the police for a peeping tom. This is crazy and I found this police report once before on his computer. He has been reprimanded before about this and I will do it again. He probably looked up demon names before doing this. He finds it fun to mess with people.

She addressed other issues, but I won't get to them here as they are not germaine to the original topic at hand, especially since they are now proven a hoax.

But I do ask all ATSers to not think bad of Ranbo, and in fact offer up prayers and positive thoughts as he struggles through adolescence. We've all been there, and it was a tough time for many of us.

If anyone has any more specific questions, you may u2u me, although I pretty much summed up the situation now.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

Well done, behindthescenes!

But, are you sure that was his mother you corresponded with?

Got any proof?

j/k

Seriously,

Splendid job!

Take a bow.

I hope the mod who finally slaps the *hoax* label on this thread awards you an applause or two for the extra effort you devoted to putting this story to rest.

As for Ranbo, I have a feeling, someday, he'll be back.

At any rate, he's got a great future ahead of him as a purveyor of fiction.

Or, maybe, as a politician...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Great job behindthescenes! I gave ya a well deserved star. I wish I could put two or that the Way Above Top Secret award could be given. I can understand why his mother was spooked by your questioning and can't say I blame her for your investigation
. I think she takes correct protective action for her son.

I'm a skeptic of skeptics behindthescenes and don't regret a single push-back to your "case closed" claims, though I think your last post finalizes it sufficiently.

Regarding closing the thread, however, I don't think this discussion is without merit. There's a few things that have interestingly surfaced, such as this:

Originally posted by immedicated
i went outside with a baseball bat, and im a big guy, so i can scare people away, but the guy was already gone, even though it was only a few seconds by the time my Mom saw him and I ran outside, but we called the police, and this guy was arrested down the street, we watched the whole thing. He said his name was Vassago, and i would never have guessed it to be spelled like that, but im not smart, but he said it fairly loud, like a magician would say it, u know, THE GREAT VASSAAGGOOO, (he didn't say the great tho, but u get my point) and talked really weird and yelled at the cops and such. . . and nothing was ever heard about that again? pretty strange though we both had a peeping tom claiming to be Vassago. . . i just thought he was a weirdo. . .

And would like to see if the same kind of follow-up investigation can be done.

Also, I'd like to know what the connection is between the name and the symbol (which is found in the tv series Lost and Naruto). Can I tell you just how many times I've seen it since this thread began? Also, I'd like to know why I was woken up at 4am-ish with a voice booming the name. I've met the conductor himself so it takes more than a name to wake me from my sleep. Interestingly enough, last night I was thinking about this thread quite a bit. Probably because I just got done watching Lost
. If we want to close the thread and call it a hoax, okay. But, I'm curious to know what details "I'm medicated" er... immedicated has and any further information about the symbol or name.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by saint4God]

Wig

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nice one behindthescenes...

But can you tell me how the mother came to email you? Did you do as I suggested and contact the mother as I suggested on page 18 (I think anyway it was my last post in this thread before this one.) ?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Nice one behindthescenes...

But can you tell me how the mother came to email you? Did you do as I suggested and contact the mother as I suggested on page 18 (I think anyway it was my last post in this thread before this one.) ?

Are we seriously going to continue the skepticism on this?

Apparently, his mom saw my emails to him on his private myspace page. They concerned her, given I was asking some personal questions (i.e., grandma's funeral, last name and address, etc.). It was then she plainly stated that he was pulling our leg.

Now, could this be a ruse and maybe it's Ranbo himself toying with me? I don't think so, and I have my reasons based on further correspondence with her. Be that as it may, my entire purpose for joining this thread has been met: Find out if any of Ranbo's claims are true and see if I can prove/debunk him. I did that and I debunked him. That goes beyond his mother telling me so. That was just the nails on the coffin.

End of story.

Wig

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
Are we seriously going to continue the skepticism on this?

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I was just asking you how the mother came to contact you, as you just said you were contacted by the mother out of the blue with no explanation. It is bound to cause confusion to us as to how that happened. So I asked you.

End of story.

Yes

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Great job behind the scenes, I give you a star and utmost respect.

Puberty is a terrible thing.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by baconvein]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein
Puberty is a terrible thing.

Puberty is a natural thing.

Regarding "mother out of the blue", I'd like to add that for Ranbo to disguise himself as his mother to nullify his original claim goes against his original motivation. A hoaxster would take great pride in themselves as the source of the deception saying "I fooled you!". I don't see any reasonable doubt that his mother contacted behindthescenes. The motivation is correct, her line of questioning is 'as a concerned parent would', and candid.

Still, I'm looking forward to hearing more about immedicated's claim.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's been so long since this thread began, and I have been following with mixed interest/apathy since it's inception.
Behindthescenes: Bravo! It is my belief that you have brought into the open the truth behind this matter, and you deserve kudos. This site needs more "bulldogs" that don't quit easily.
As for this kid... (shaking head). If the mother takes away his computer, is that really a viable solution? What is to prevent the little psycho from traipsing around the woods and catching/torturing small animals or some other such? This child is obviously deeply disturbed, regardless of his "hormonal affliction" of adolescence. It is my firm belief that children like this are becoming more and more common in our country, and are a big part of what is "wrong" with society. Of course the parent is the root of the issue... but I digress.
This kid needs committed to an institution for an indefinite period, IMHO. Society needs to take this obnoxious and sociopathic behavior at face value, not dismiss it casually as due to "puberty".

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
What is to prevent the little psycho from traipsing around the woods and catching/torturing small animals or some other such? This child is obviously deeply disturbed, regardless of his "hormonal affliction" of adolescence. It is my firm belief that children like this are becoming more and more common in our country, and are a big part of what is "wrong" with society. Of course the parent is the root of the issue... but I digress.
This kid needs committed to an institution for an indefinite period, IMHO. Society needs to take this obnoxious and sociopathic behavior at face value, not dismiss it casually as due to "puberty".

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join