It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Gates of Hell - York, PA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Despite of all "the experiences" posted on here, I don't think this place even exists.

You can find any gate in the woods in York and believe it's the Gate to Hell.

:w:

Also, if you go into any woods late at night with the idea of paranormal happenings in your mind, prepare to lose it and think any unusual sound is a ghost.

It's the woods, animals do roam...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alexbassguy

ive never been there myself but my grandma lives in the trailer park on druck valley rd i wouldnt bother b/c the property belongs to a water company and you'd get a $350 fine but many locals have pulled it off and they heard various noises as they were walking...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well first off it you'd like to more about these gates to hell in York i'd either look at WIERD US or WIERD PENNSYLVANIA. Also, there was a insane asylum, but since it was so far back into the woods it was hard to reach. So by accident the asylum some how caught on fire and burned to the ground. Leaving most of the patients burnig to death in the upper levels. So it burned down and as I said before since it was so out in the middle of no where the fire department couldn't get there in time. So supposedly if you do get past all the gates (which mostly aren't visible at day, so go at night if your planning to go there) you'll come upon the burnt remains of the asylum. dun dunn dunnn

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am reposting a reply to my earlier post. There is no gates to hell in York, PA. after talking to my friends mom , who has lived in york her whole life, she told me that it was jsut a place for teenagers to scare themselves. though there was a asylum there at one time, it has been torn down and all of the actual gates. and SHE HAS BEEN ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE ASYLUM RUBBLE BACK WHEN SHE WENT (in the daylight though lol) when it was still there of course

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Honestly, do not underestimate this crap...me and 2 of my buds went up just to see if this crap was real. We took a video camera so we could have a memory and prove it wasn't real. I'm a Christian, and I do believe in demons and stuff but i honestly didn't think anything would happen. The 1st and 2nd gates were weaksauce and didn't do anything...but once we got to the third gate, some crazy stuff started happening...we saw a girl with long hair in what looked like a wedding dress, we heard shriekings and crap. We got though the 4th gate and the shrieking was so loud, we had to hold our ears (cept for me cuz im still videotaping all this stuff)...then we got close to the 5th gate and all noises stopped...i got out my cell (verizon too remember its the 'no dead zones' plan)...5 bars in the car...absolutely none there. I looked at the video camera...and the tape was rewinding by itself...i couldnt open the tape door thing....so i undid the battery and it was still rewinding. We stopped and prayed...and we new God was protecting us, but he wanted us to get out of there...so we packed up and left immediately. We got back to the car, and it wouldn't start. We had serivice so we called a towman, but since we couldn't tell him where we were...we pushed it to the paved road. However, when we called him again, the car started...we drove so quickly out of there...i do not recomend going there, we were safe because we were wearing Gods armor (Ephesians 6:10-17)...this armor is meant to protect against the devils schemes which is definately what this 7 gates of hell is...If you aren't a Christian, do not go...you will not be protected and well be possessed by the demons, they will ruin your life...if you are a Christian..remember when Jesus was tempted by the devil, he resisted..so WWJD...resist this place, its just not worth it

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

i drove a friend near this place, and dropped him off, and he and his gf tried to sneak up to and get into the assylum.

he said that it was guarded heavily by police patrol, and there were a ton of fences and gates. He got to the building, and was able to look inside the windows, but was too scared to go inside.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Okay I used to live on a farm on Trout Run Road and I have heard the stories too, we used to ride horses all over down there. My kids cut through there to get to the water....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok. My brother is a rogue status in the military. So, i read up on this and decided that it sounded cool. I really wanted to go and check it out but i was scared, who wouldn't be? So, one week in the summer we decided to head up to York, Pennsylvania, learning that the gates aren't really in York. They are in a small town outside about 5 miles from York called Ramone, Pennsylvania. There were about 15 of his military friends with us. So, we decided to go in. Honestly, we made it to gate 4 and turned back. I would not tell anyone to go there or to Spider gates in Webster, Massachusetts. Really, i do believe in the supernatural, and i would not advise anyone to # with them.

Caleb ~

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I've been interested in the famous "seven gates" and "toad road" stories, and for the past seven years, have been researching them. Everything I find is a different story, different legend, different "scary" experiences by kids and teenagers. Everything I've read was different, leading me to believe some kids just thought this up and the story continued.

If you're talking about Trout Run Road, believe me, I've driven down this road so many times I know it like the back of my hand. I also know Druck Valley, Range Road, Tower Road, Codours Furnace Road, Rt. 24, I must have travelled this area hundreds of times since I was 19 to find some of the "legends".

I've parked at the sharp curve on Trout Run where you see the three gates (and I have the street sign to prove it). Been there, done that, walked through all three of them and absolutely nothing even worth writing about. One leads to the creek, the others just turn into nothing.

The directions given to me personally about six or seven years ago indicate that the "gates" aren't these gates, it's a road that shoots off of Trout Run a little before that curve, where you'll see a streetlight and a bunch of posted signs. I've learned from past experiences and LOTS of fines not to go back through these areas, I've been caught, had guns pointed at me when looking for other "legends", etc.

One night, about five years ago, I was randomly pulled over by a Springettsbury Township cop because someone reported "vandalism" nearby that we weren't involved in, and I was taken into custody until I convinced them we had nothing to do with it. The police take trespassing here very seriously. Don't park your vehicle and leave it there, have someone drop you off with a walkie-talkie and have him drive around until you're ready to leave.

People, if you're looking for this legend, convinced that it actually exists, and you find any random path at night and walk down it, of course you're going to get scared whenever you hear something make a noise. That doesn't mean you're in a haunted section of the woods or that the devil is at work. It's part of the psychological "fun" you have when you enter the woods in the middle of the night. If you're expecting ghosts and you hear something, what more do you want?

But to those who still insist on looking, I am warning you, the police departments in the area - Hellam Township, Springettsbury Township, and the northern York Regionals are NOT NICE PEOPLE. Especially the regionals, from plenty of experiences. Yes, they do patrol looking for trespassers, I'm sure the property owners have made numerous complaints to kids trespassing. Don't get caught going through there, it's just not worth it.

Not far from here is Gut Road, where you'll find an old drainage tunnel, a cluster of abandoned buildings, and two quarries filled with water. The largest, just across the train tracks from Gut Road, has the bluest water you'll ever see. Very easy to find, but be forwarned, this is trespassing and the area is marked (but not easy to patrol). Google Earth is your friend, and so is a military-issue flashlight with the night vision lenses!

Some other local urban legends are Kunkle's Mansion (BAD experiences there), Ghost Hill (actually an optical illusion, not a haunted intersection), Rehmyers Hollow (know very little about it), something about a haunted prison on S. George Street, and a few others that I probably can't think of. I life for this stuff, and if anyone knows anything else, I'd love to get more info so I can check it out.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by cruisinmaxima]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
ok so here it goes guys. mine and my friends experiences.
i have been to the 7 gates a couple times and have heard many stories from my friend who showed me where it was. when he went it was during the day. pretty much as soon as they got on the dirt road they had those weird feelings everyone says about. as they went on they heard and saw things the entire way. my friend said it felt like he was being choked at one point. the one person even got video of a cloaked thing deep in the woods. they made it past the 4th gate when they saw a little girl telling them to stop and go back which they did at that point. within the next week the brakes failed on the car they took, my friend woke up coughing up blood with red marks around his neck. the one girl lost her phone in the woods and they got calls from it with just noise in the background. he swore he would never go back into those woods.
when i went the first time i made it about 20 feet in before i started hearing things moving around me and when i turned back to look for my car i couldn't see it anymore when i could just a minute before. i had the feeling someone was watching us so we didn't go on any further. i just went back the other night but ended up taking the wrong path and the only thing i experienced was every time i passed the gate i got a bad feeling.

and about the furnace mentioned earlier, that is codorus furnace. story behind that is some guy killed people and would burn the bodies in there. definitely a creepy place. i crawled inside it once and it looked like blood was running down the walls and it of course had that feeling that you were being watched.

if anyone needs directions to either place let me know!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
ok so i have an update on my last post. on my last trip to 7 gates i thought nothing had happened because i didn't see anything and was too concerned bout not falling in the mud. it seems though my friend and i picked something up while out there. the next day we both started seeing and hearing things and just the other night we were on our way with another friend to this abandoned house and to get there you pass 7 gates and right as i turned onto the road we both saw a grayish shadowy figure crouched down in the middle of the road and it quickly disappeared as we turned the corner. at first i thought it was just my imagination until she said she saw it too and at the exact same time we described it in exactly the same way. it had like a smeagol (from lord of the rings) type look to it and to me it seemed like it was sort of guarding the road back there. so i guess this is kinda a warning to people, please be careful back there. even if you don't believe anything is gonna happen to you you never really know.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
WOW i live in one of the countys next to that county
Gonna have to buy that Weird PA book

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can't even begin to say how many times I have heard that so many different places were one of the locations of the 7 gates of hell. For only being 7, there sure seem to be alot.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This has creeped me out more than a little.
I wonder how something like this could exist. I can say I wouldn't have the balls to go there probably.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
yeah i live maybe 5 minutes from there and plan on visiting this place next week. haha. and im gonna go through all of the damn gates and come back.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sicilymae

i need directions. i live in lancaster right offf of route 30. email me them [email protected]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sicilymae

i need directions. i live in lancaster right offf of route 30. email me them [email protected]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
...........just want to say hello.............

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I heard of this but I do not believe there is an actual Hell.
The area could just be a highly active paranormal place.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Maybe they were walking along in Turkey and came upon a hole in the ground and said well this looks like a gate to hell if ever I saw one!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join