It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it bad manners to tell someone to trim their ear and nose hair?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This guy I play golf with is a long-time fried of mine, but he's got this ZZ Top thing growing out of his nose. I don't get it, can't he see it when he looks in the mirror? It literally takes seconds to get rid of that! Would buying him a nose and ear hair trimmer for Christmas be in poor taste?

And the people with the hair growing out of their ears like the ivy at Wrigley Field, what the hell????

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Isnt it more wrong not to tell him?
By not telling him,it would lead him to believe he is lookin good,when he is not.
Like Wrigley Field ivy!?!?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Depends on the person really. Play it by ear.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh, I'm wise to you Dr Love.

Today, your golfing buddy, tomorrow...

Stan Friedman's eyebrows!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A lot would depend on how well you know the person, and if this would be a comfortable topic you could bring up with him. But you did mention that he has been a long-time friend, so I'd say go ahead and broach the subject with tact and diplomacy.

This hair is there for a purpose though, in that it serves as the first line of defense against foreign stuff from entering the nose and ears. But nobody needs to look like they just sniffed a caterpillar part way up each nostril.:shk:

Only 3 months until Christmas, so maybe a personnel grooming kit should find it's way under his tree.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Try an indirect approach. Share a story about unsightly hair you may have had or complain about your nose trimmer or what your wife/girlfriend said to you about your nose hair. Keep it short, sweet and let him go from there. If after a few months he doesnt change it, then be direct.

Good Luck

top topics

join