It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does knowing the "Truth" = "Death"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had this conversation last night with someone who refuses to question anything outside the general accepted "norm". This person is open to listening to all sorts of theories and concepts but firmly will not seek to learn more. After hours of debate, this person finally said their reason for not wanting to know, means that the boring, mundane, content, everday life we have would become meaningless....and that those who seek and learn the "truth" during early stages of life will "die" in the physical sense. This person advised me to slow the pace of my quest for knowledge because they were afraid to lose me in this physical mortal world.

so does knowing and accepting the "ultimate truth" basically a death sentence in the mortal, physical world??? what do you think?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Often times, knowledge (either too much or not enough) signs your death warrant. Why should this be different?

DE

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think no one knows the "ultimate truth" and no one can know the "ultimate truth".The "ultimate truth is unatainable.

So I think you're safe.

We all have pieces but we can never know each other well enough to put the pieces together.Imagine a Jigsaw puzzle with over 3 billion pieces.Say you managed to get all the pieces and put them together you still wouldn't recognise what the picture was.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
hey I am not worried about me.

but do you think if someone finally put all the pieces together, they die? I mean the truth would be so grand, so infinite that the human form would not be able to comprehend and go on so the person has to die.

I mean normally we think that when we die, we will know the truth, but what if it is the other way around, when we find the truth, then we die?

that's basically what I am trying to say.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I had this conversation last night with someone who refuses to question anything outside the general accepted "norm". This person is open to listening to all sorts of theories and concepts but firmly will not seek to learn more. After hours of debate, this person finally said their reason for not wanting to know, means that the boring, mundane, content, everday life we have would become meaningless....and that those who seek and learn the "truth" during early stages of life will "die" in the physical sense. This person advised me to slow the pace of my quest for knowledge because they were afraid to lose me in this physical mortal world.

so does knowing and accepting the "ultimate truth" basically a death sentence in the mortal, physical world??? what do you think?

Tricky question. Knowing or thinking that one knows the truth is not death of the physical form. However if one were to 'live' or exist as the truth, then the need for a physical form would be no more.

A crude example, but think of it this way. I believe that I know what a piece of paper is or the truth of it is. Now if I was to understand it in a way that I would become it (because that is the only way to truely understand a thing), I would no longer be the way that I am now, but instead obtain the 'truth' of it by becoming said piece of paper.

Crap...I think I need some coffee to wake up.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One of the many thoughts that are filed away in my head are that if life were an illusion and we somehow became aware of it would make the illusion disappear ?
It would explain sudden unexplainable deaths. perhaps these people just woke up into reality and perhaps thats why we don't get any real answers from beyond the grave, they just don't want to shatter our illusions

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think it's somewhat akin to a question of focus, not unlike a magician. Most people are focused on the illusion most of the time. However, once you are clued into the secret of the trick, can you ever really watch the illusion again? No, you only see the trick. Your mind refuses to be fooled to such an extent that it simply will not see things the same way again.

Such it is, I believe, with the grand illusions of this life. Once the human form realizes the "truth", it is unable to function the way it once did. Your mind simply will not be fooled as it once was. It is entirely plausible that this reaction is so severe that it causes your mind (spirit/soul/whatever) to completely detach from your physical self, effectively "dying" from the viewpoint of other humans.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm in agreement with JohnBull1's sentiments....
I, IMHO, really think the word: TRUTH really needs to be defined or redefined beyond what the Webster's dictionary has for meanings before the answer to the questions or hypothesis posed can be correctly and/or answered adequately.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I made this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com... id306787

About a guy you may of heard of who was killed with wire. It was deemed suicide but clearly wasn't. He claimed to know the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Now think about this. What if it IS possible to know "it" and yet survive, let's say it doesn't automatically cause you to die. But it DOES automatically cause a few other things...

1) You wouldn't care about your life anymore, the only reason you'd still be alive is your remaining attachments such as your family etc. If you can shake those off, you're free to go. (Don't shake'em off by physically slaughtering them btw lol).

2) You all know about the purported "Rapture". What if, at or before the year 2012 a group of people (NOT religious people, by FAR) who seek truth with all their ability WILL find out what it is, and that causes them to shift their perceptions and frequency SO far, that the rest of humanity will no longer perceive them? The same reason we don't perceive other dimensions etc... really think about it! I'd be even more specific and say they'd move up a density, so they'd go to 4th density.

3) And what if those who found the truth, knew that if they shared that entire thing with some human on Earth, they'd be hunted down and killed by the "powers that be" in a blink of an eye. What if the BEST they could do is give slight clues here and there and hope that people use their minds and figure it out, as they cannot be TOLD. This is a big one.. I'd say pay attention the clues/signs all over the place.

There are people on this planet (few) who know this "truth" about our reality and our world and what's coming after this world and why and a lot more. But they cannot divulge this, or they will be gone

Another reason they cannot divulge it, is because to those unprepared, it'll sound like the most absurd, crazy thing they've ever seen, crazier than all these conspiracy theories put together. That is another major reason why only clues can be given, and each person is asked to individually ascertain the reality of this "truth" using their own MIND and doing research. It's the only way, really...

Anyways, I'd say this is.. very possible. ;-)

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
very interesting replies, thanks for not letting me down everyone.

thanks for the link earthlink.....interesting to say the least.

lilblam, I have to contemplate what you said for a little while, I understand your "time is illusion" but I am still trying to fully comprehend what it means to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe when you know the truth you die shortly after.

Not when it comes to conspiracy theories though.

I'm talking about the meaning of life.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Knowing the truth of the biggest secrets of our current time ain't dangerous at all.
It's so simple that no one's gonna believe you anyways.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Knowing the truth of the biggest secrets of our current time ain't dangerous at all.
It's so simple that no one's gonna believe you anyways.

That could well be the case, but you aint gunna find that answer here my friend! The truth is never simple. . .

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For those that believe that the 'truth' also brings death, why?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Because the truth is covered up, and suppressed. Those who find out, are KILLED (if the govt finds out that you know it... that means u'd have to open ur mouth publically about it or on the phone or to anyone for that matter..)

But you don't die just from knowing it.. no. Also, if you know it, it's pointless to tell anyone since NO one will believe you anyway. You can't prove it either, though you may be able to prove parts of it.

Often truth is found from a LOT of research and thinking, so you'd have to explain all your sources and leads and stuff to someone to make them believe you. That's a waste of time, cuz if the other person REALLY wanted it, he'd DO the research. So he won't believe you no matter how much evidence you show.

Besides, when you know the truth, it is not just "what the meaning of life is" or "what happens after you die".. you also learn what you should now do/say and why, and to whom... can't explain. You'd have to find out.

The point I'm trying to make is that free will is only violated unknowingly when you're ingulfed in an ocean of ignorance like all of humanity is. When you start coming out of that ocean, you understand what free will is, and what you were doing before that violated others' free will and so forth. THEN there is a period of utter silence (well it was with me anyway) when you think you're crazy and you get absolutely very physically sick. Why do you become sick? Well the truth is a lot more gory, subjectively scary, and possibly fatal to your rational conscious mind. It is, for a lack of a better term, "really heavy stuff". So there are many reasons why someone would DIE from knowing it, even if it's not inflicted by an outside source such as the government. But those who know, can avoid it, as knowledge does protect. The more you know, the safer you are. It is only the unknown that poses any danger.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Originally posted by Jonna

But you don't die just from knowing it.. no.

That is actually what I ment. I am curious as to why anyone would believe as such. To understand everything and fall down dead seems a bit far fetched to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I called that person I had this discussion with and basically his beliefs is similar to what sminneman posted:

(quote originally posted by sminneman)

Such it is, I believe, with the grand illusions of this life. Once the human form realizes the "truth", it is unable to function the way it once did. Your mind simply will not be fooled as it once was. It is entirely plausible that this reaction is so severe that it causes your mind (spirit/soul/whatever) to completely detach from your physical self, effectively "dying" from the viewpoint of other humans

(quote)

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Answer= YES!

Your friend is correct.

Also beware this person because they know the game and wish to keep playing it.

What happened in the Matrix movie for example?

When you know enough to question and you actually do it, then you have one foot in the door to leave...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Exactly. But it IS your choice, even though to remain in the limited human consciousness would be rather stupid from the perspective of someone who discovered that truth. So, YES you can remain here, but the chances are, you'd not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join