It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going "Way out there" with this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
okay okay.....I already heard it from my friends but who cares, I'll throw this out here and see what I hear you guys

In the state of the union Bush said:
" They are trying to shake the will of our country and our friends - but the United States of America will never be intimidated by thugs and assassins. The killers will fail, and the Iraqi people will live in freedom."

Could you see a possible FAILED Assassination against Bush, right before elections, he gets sympathy, blames the "al-qaeda and the terrorists"????

of course this assassination attempt would have been staged, he survives with superficial wounds, gets re-elected, Patriot Act II gets enforced and he carries on for another 4 years.

yeah yeah, I know, but so what?

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Anything is possible with politics. I would not be suprised at all if something staged could possibly happen before the next election but an assasination attempt is a little too far fetched.

On the other hand a successful assasination by the democrats ain't that hard to picture.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That is quite the innovattive idea, in that usual a staged attack is one that kills civilians, and assasinations are of expendable lower level people, a titular leader who is kept out of the loop (like JFK), or any visible figure in an opposition movement. Staged terror attacks that kill civilians- ala 911, are also part of the vocabulary. It's a big assumption to think that Bush himself would be part of PLANNING a covert staged attack- as would have to be the case if he were the "victim." He couldn't just be shut off and babysat like he was on 9-11. Still- this is a very effective viable model, that as far as I know, has not been done. What would be so unusual- but quite logical- to stage an assasination designed to fail, but fail conspicuously- and what would make it so effective- is that by raising the stakes in the War on Terror, they could make a show of a key figure in the administration having their own safety in danger. I'm thinking- like if Rumsfeld starts getting heat in Congress or Ashcroft over any number of things- to have an attempt made on them in public. Skepticism rising over 9-11 and Iraq could be deflated by showing critics that one of them has personally been a victim of terrorism. The White House can effectively seal off the public- and transform the Secret Service through a huge Patriot Act style power grab. Cheney and Bush could show shock and fear themselves- talk about how it could have been one of them- and then they can play that sympathy for all its worth. As for the assasin- I'm thinking a CIA deep cover operative with a cover story of being a mentally unstable liberal Earth First type. That would help increased scrutiny and contempt for liberals, and by extension, Democrats. The War on Terror has taken the liberties of its citizens and investigated and prosecuted progressive critics (like the Green Party official who found himself placed on No-Fly lists.) A lot of criticism could be deflected by having something, anything, related to Terrorism be perpetuated by Liberals. I could go on with this scenario- but mainly I'll just say that this idea, while a bit "out there" can also be seen as a logical progression. An attempted assasination of a non-"expendable" figure is, if nothing else, a fresh angle to consider.
-DAB

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
okay okay.....I already heard it from my friends but who cares, I'll throw this out here and see what I hear you guys

In the state of the union Bush said:
" They are trying to shake the will of our country and our friends - but the United States of America will never be intimidated by thugs and assassins. The killers will fail, and the Iraqi people will live in freedom."

Could you see a possible FAILED Assassination against Bush, right before elections, he gets sympathy, blames the "al-qaeda and the terrorists"????

of course this assassination attempt would have been staged, he survives with superficial wounds, gets re-elected, Patriot Act II gets enforced and he carries on for another 4 years.

yeah yeah, I know, but so what?

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by worldwatcher]

I completely see this coming. And how can you not look credible saying, "They shot me". I guess the danger is if it's screwed up and the figure isn't just slightly wounded. But I suppose...the movement would go on. I keep sensing a strong divide between Bush Sr and Jr and I've wondered if the powers that be wouldn't bump Jr. off as a "necessary piece of collateral damage". Of course, what the hell do I know? Nuttin.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I keep sensing a strong divide between Bush Sr and Jr and I've wondered if the powers that be wouldn't bump Jr. off as a "necessary piece of collateral damage". Of course, what the hell do I know? Nuttin.

Actually, I have had that same thought since 9-11. If I were Dubya, I'd watch my back.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Actually, before the election in 2000, I heard a statistic that every president elected in a year that ended in "0" had at least an attempted assasination on their life. As in 1980...2000...etc. I think it dated back to Lincoln? I'm going to try and find info on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship
Actually, before the election in 2000, I heard a statistic that every president elected in a year that ended in "0" had at least an attempted assasination on their life. As in 1980...2000...etc. I think it dated back to Lincoln? I'm going to try and find info on it.

Here ya go:
en.wikipedia.org...'s_curse

-B.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks Banshee.
Kinda creepy...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
fascinating stuff banshee and mamaship.

and i knew i wasn't the only one who saw this wild possibility.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think he will be shot, because his codename is "temporary"

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That seems right up his administration's ally...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aurora26
I think he will be shot, because his codename is "temporary"

really? I didn't know that...hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hope somebody does shoot that bastard. He's such a moron. He refuses to correctly pronounce the word nuclear and he has an awful hard time conjugating the verb 'to be'. That whole family is so high and mighty that I wouldn't be surprised to find out that G.W. was a product of inbreeding. I hope Al Queda rams a suitcase nuke right up his country ass and lights it. And may he continue saying stupid things, and may every satirist continue pointing them out. Man, I hate that guy!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Bushwhacked

I hope somebody does shoot that bastard. He's such a moron. He refuses to correctly pronounce the word nuclear and he has an awful hard time conjugating the verb 'to be'. That whole family is so high and mighty that I wouldn't be surprised to find out that G.W. was a product of inbreeding. I hope Al Queda rams a suitcase nuke right up his country ass and lights it. And may he continue saying stupid things, and may every satirist continue pointing them out. Man, I hate that guy!!!

I do hope Bush meets his fate. More than anything, an apology to the " free world " that he helped create.

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We are in a new chapter of life that no matter who runs for office that war is a certin, It sucks but you watch no matter who we vote for war is our new future!
sorry

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

We are in a new chapter of life that no matter who runs for office that war is a certin, It sucks but you watch no matter who we vote for war is our new future!

I was discussing with myself ( I talk to myself, YES
) and we realized that anything is better than Bush!

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm not saying your wrong but I belive that things will get worst

just dont answer yourself its a sure sigh of insanity

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
ok people, before we start castrating Bush...

...let us first think what if...Al Gore won the 2000 election...

...and by the way, Bush will somehow lower the gas prices right before election in order to get re-elected...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship

Yes that is actually true, except for Reagan who survived the attempt, all others who were elected during a zero year were assasinated. But all but Bush Jr. have been attemtped so far.

I doubt Bush would stage an assasination. If he staged anything you think it would be Weapons of mass destruction.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
perhaps they may pull out his ol' buddy bin laden just in time for the elections. dust him off and ship him back in a box. he seems to have dropped off the radar of the masses, so what better way than to bring this sucker back to the forefront? that'll really boost his standing up...either way, bush, kerry or nader...none are getting my vote, but i am getting their agenda shoved down my throat

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join