It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TimesONLINE.uk – Web wide News Corp propaganda ALERT!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Arghhh!! Say it isn't so!!! I might as well cancel my entire education package subscription.

Maybe I'll keep the one with the animals. I don't see how they can use animals for political propaganda.

I know, it’s bad. I actually kept tabs on Discovery since early 90s, and even have a bunch of VHS tapes I used to record.

Since I have photographic memory, these days I recognize video sequences from programs aired in the 90s, all cut up and re-edited to fit current propagandist format.

It’s a very simple process based on omission, fact cherry picking, and time restructuring time line events.

By the way, the entire entertainment line up on these channels (Myth Busters, Monster Garage, American Chopper and many others like it), were originally intended as airtime fill to make up for the material which was taken of the air.

I still watch the channels, but with a clear understanding of what’s real, what’s entertainment, and what’s propaganda.

Hey, anybody can catch HIV by having sex, that’s why they sell condoms, same thing with watching TV.

Unprotected minds will end up being “programmed” and will actually set their own kids in front of the TV to be programmed next, while a few others with the protection of critical thinking will just get occasionally insulted

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

Just because they were the first to report it, doesn't mean they are fully credible.

In order to be a truly effective propaganda source, you must report the truth from time to time. When it's something big, you're best of reporting it as truthfully as you can when it first comes out, then figure out how to spin it later. Sometimes they will even directly contradict themselves.

Fox does this very often.

I remember seeing a report on Fox about how the US had supported Iraq during it's war with Iran and how those weapons could present a problem for US forces... but after that I'd never heard anything about that involvement on Fox again.

Another example was a story I'd seen on how Saddam and Osama were violently opposed enemies due to their directly conflicting ideologies. Again, once it became clear that Bush wanted Iraq, there was never another mention... and in fact there was a LOT of BS attempts to connect the two as being "friends".

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

Unprotected minds will end up being “programmed” and will actually set their own kids in front of the TV to be programmed next, while a few others with the protection of critical thinking will just get occasionally insulted

It's my younger sisters that I'm worried about. They're not so adept at critical thinking, being the MTV generation with an even shorter attention span than I have. At least mine is down to ADD.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Your claiming that website is garbage and I'm saying from what I know it is not at all.They were the very first or among the first to get this,then way later that day every other network has it.Thats pretty damm relevant when your trying to discredit this very website.

Sir yes sir!

Seriously, ever wondered how come it’s always the FOX network that gets exclusive interviews with Bush and his cabinet?

Hey, if FOX is always the first network to get the scoop out of the White House, then it must be a really trust worthy and honest news organization, right?

I used to work for FOX by the way, and have resigned do to ever dwindling ability to hold back my vomit, which was induced by what I was asked to do there.

No wonder that most people I worked with quit as well. I think only the sports anchor is left.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Your claiming that website is garbage and I'm saying from what I know it is not at all.They were the very first or among the first to get this,then way later that day every other network has it.Thats pretty damm relevant when your trying to discredit this very website.

Sir yes sir!

Seriously, ever wondered how come it’s always the FOX network that gets exclusive interviews with Bush and his cabinet?

Hey, if FOX is always the first network to get the scoop out of the White House, then it must be a really trust worthy and honest news organization, right?

I used to work for FOX by the way, and have resigned do to ever dwindling ability to hold back my vomit, which was induced by what I was asked to do there.

No wonder that most people I worked with quit as well. I think only the sports anchor is left.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Project_Silo, this is where the article you mentioned is being discussed;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
lol nice trying to be cute with that whole trying to get me going on another thread.Sigh, all the proof is now the SYRIAN PAPAR SAYS EVERYTHING THAT SAID.Enough said.

google it yourself,I'm done with this thread.You try to disclaim a website that reported fine information first.

Also I don't care who you worked for,you do not need to be a insider at fox to tell they are full of bs.....

And your wrong anyway because I was talking about this thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Notice all the other sources there also.there's your proof.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

OK then, FOX is bad, but TimesOnline which is just another FOX is good. Simple enough, thanks, I got it now.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by iskander]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Uhhh.Ya I'm done here because again your wrong.Notice the link I gave where I originally posted this timesonline link.The date is a day earlier than the thread your talking about.

It's pretty simple.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

OK, this thread;

Discusses this article;

www.timesonline.co.uk...

While this thread;

Discusses this article;

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

On this very thread, the one we’re on now, we’re not discussing ANY of those articles in particular, but the TimesOnline PROPOGANDA it self.

I do hope this is clear enough.

Jeez, just to think how disorienting and confusing bad media can be for some of us.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Are you really still going dude.YOUR WRONG give it up.

In the article wich started a full day before the one your talking about I brought up the timesonline. website. One full day before the one your talking about.You said prove that they are facts,well on this very same link you get tons of other links posted by different users wich prove timeonline to be correct.

Your putting so much spin on this that I do believe you worked for Fox.And this is getting petty.

I'm done now so spin this whole post up and make me look foolish because I won't be back to answer to it.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

It's my younger sisters that I'm worried about. They're not so adept at critical thinking, being the MTV generation with an even shorter attention span than I have. At least mine is down to ADD.

LOL!

Personally I got dyslexia so I make typos all the time, but these days I’ll gladly trade it for a certifiable Tourette Syndrome!

Critical lthinking is all about learning how to formulate a question, and that’s exactly what is not taught in our schools these days.

Formulating a question is a process of elimination, that’s all it is, and that’s exactly what a consumer economy does not want its consumers to know how to do.

Picture this one a few years back;

-What is variable mortgage and how is it going to affect our family?

- Oh you mean you can jack up my rate any time and force us to foreclose on our house so the bank can immediately sell it to its own people at a closed auction?

- No thank you I think I will keep to my FIXED rate mortgage, have a nice day!”

It goes kind of like that in other countries, be here, people still can’t figure out what’s news and what’s propaganda.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Oh man, I just remember an episode of Star Trek where a 3D game was introduced to the crew of the Enterprise, which hypnotized anyone who played it and forced them to make others play it as well.

In the end only a smart kid and a cyborg figured out what it really is, and de-programmed everybody on the ship.

Hell, these days the majority of our kids are not exactly think-friendly even though they can operate all kinds of electronics, and I doubt will ever get to the point of making cyborgs for anything but war.

I just watched THX1138 yesterday, I haven’t watched it for years, man, and it’s depressing how true it’s all come to be.

Kids think that “Matrix” is cool, man they don’t know that its all been done before, and much better, with THX1138, Soylent Green, 1984, Brave New World, Brazil, Blade Runner, etc.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by iskander]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sure, you are right, people should stop using or referencing those sites because they have an agenda beyond the news. I like that idea. Let's also stop referencing prisonplanet, cnn, msnbc, foxnews, yahoo, google and everything else.

Here is a little known secret for you - they ALL have agendas. Your news is never presented without editorializing being done to support SOMEONE's agenda.

Here is a tip for you any time you are reading a news story and want to know if the facts are being twisted - look at the word choice. Simple word changes complete change the context of the story. If you see those sensational words you are being manipulated.

Compare "27 people were brutally massacred today..." with "27 people lost their lives today..."

There is no news anymore (if, indeed, there ever was). There are only different flavors of entertainment.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Here is a little known secret for you - they ALL have agendas. Your news is never presented without editorializing being done to support SOMEONE's agenda.

I think the issue here isn't whether these people have agendas or not. I mean, let's face it, everyone has a bias. The problem here is the "various flavours" are now tasting the same. News Corp is on the path to monopolising news and information, and we all know how monopolies or oligopolies do not cater to the best interests of the people they claim to serve

The issue here is that balance is now lost. Never mind that Murdoch is buddies with the Bush Administration.

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

That’s the point. “Planted” bloggers are often used by FOX networks to spread their agenda by saying “this is what bloggers are talking about”.

It’s called SPIN.

Isn't what you are doing also called SPIN? Like I said in the thread where you brought my attention to TimesOnline, even if it is Propaganda, we have a right to read it.

I think your idea for an automated filter does have some merit, except for the fact that you are now the thought police instead of NewsCorp. I am not saying that they are not Propagandists, but so are you. Perhaps there are planted bloggers talking about the SPIN you are creating right now with this thread, and the Propaganda about it that you are spouting.

Personally, I am glad you brought it to my attention that TimesONLINE was basically UK FOXNews... but there is no way I want anyone deciding what I can and cannot read, even if they are fellow ATSers. Thank you for your concerns about their Propaganda, but I would still rather weed out reliable sources myself, than to make your life easier because you hate Rupert Mrdoch and want nothing to do with him...

Instead of Denying Ignorance, you would be enabling it...
DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join