It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush setting America up for war with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So then if most are convinced that war with Iran is imminent within the near future, then what all are suggesting is that it would take an attack on US soil to propel said conflict.

Iran knows better than to BLATANTLY attack US troops in Iraq, so what other motivation would there be?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
So then if most are convinced that war with Iran is imminent within the near future, then what all are suggesting is that it would take an attack on US soil to propel said conflict.

Iran knows better than to BLATANTLY attack US troops in Iraq, so what other motivation would there be?

Iran wont attack first, thats what Im telling you... USA will FAKE a attack from Iran to get the war going if they must.

But maybe they wont have to. They may just start bombing because they feel like it.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
OK...So again we have this quandry. if there is going to be another attack on the US, it would be safe to say that the attack would have to be of equal or greater magnitude than 911.

Here is the problem:

So the US government "fakes an attack" in the US. The markets, now incredibly volatile, TANK big time. How does that serve our corporate American president and co?

This to me doesn't make sense. I kind of feel that this will be another cold war.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe you are right about the market tanking. I hope you are, it gives me some hope.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi America haters!

Are you guys having a good time patting each other's backs and agreeing with one another?

It's like paranoid feeding frenzy in here.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard223
Hi America haters!

Are you guys having a good time patting each other's backs and agreeing with one another?

It's like paranoid feeding frenzy in here.

Hey there ATS troll !

Having fun dropping into posts, not reading them and then trashing them based off of the little bit you have read?

Have you thought about topping it all off with adding ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the discussion?

If you HAD read the conversation - I believe I am saying there is nothing to worry about with Iran right now. How that creates a paranoid feeding frenzy is beyond me.

My whole contention is that a war with Iran CAN'T happen right now. Read what people write before you just jump in

[edit on 17-9-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

I think the idea here Vanguard is to become informed and aware. Denying Ignorance and all that.

America haters is a little extreme in this situation. You can love a country but hate its current policies and government.

As to the story here, yes we are seeing in our time a tapestry of deception and lies based on even more lies. My personal belief is that the tapestry has been sewn and sitting in the dust for years and now as it unfolds before our eyes, some of us see the dust and call it for what it is.

A war with Iran. One has to only watch and listen to see that we are headed in that direction. nothing paranoid about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

So the US government "fakes an attack" in the US. The markets, now incredibly volatile, TANK big time. How does that serve our corporate American president and co?

I think as long as the fighting went on in Iran after the attack, the market would correct itself. That is, as long as we don't have to live under martial law.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If a nuke went off in Manhattan there wouldn't BE a market. What then?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Actually TruthWithin, I thought about editing my post to say that you were the only one in here with the sense to argue reasonably. I didn't after assuming you would be smart enough to know I wasn't talking about you. My mistake. Read the first page of this thread....those are the people I'm talking about.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The international community is already supporting this.Well the ones we care about anyway.France,Germany.

Also you act as though this is all new to you.Russia /Iran/China have been strengthening there allience for a few years now.That has not slowed the propaganda at all.In fact were at a all time high.

If the world was that worried then Israel would not have just bombed Syria and risk kicking it off early.Also Russia would not have warned Syria that Israel was going to bomb them.Face it,they don't care how many of us die,they will all be safe.

I'm sure it will happen,I'm also sure the powers at be could care less who and how many die as a result.They need to depopulize and start their police state anyway right?May as well go for it,especially with Iran begging for it everytime Ahmadinejad opens his mouth.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As a veteran, taxpayer, small businessman, and member of the GOP, I resent being called an "America hater!"

Just because I don't agree with the current state of affairs, doesnt mean I don't love my country.

Patriotism isn't blind allegiance to a corrupt bunch of perverts. True conservatives don't abandon their critical thinking just to pursue an ideology.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

Great. But it still stands that you add nothing to this thread by coming in, harassing people and then leaving.

PLEASE disagree with what is being said - just bring an opinion and leave the name calling to the politicians.

For what it is worth, I found an interesting Article:

Abizaid: America could abide a nuclear Iran

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ever read any books by Col l. fletcher prouty? the former black ops colonel who was the basis for x in the move jfk. he talks historically how they plan for these small wars even before they have a basis for conflict. they may have planned the battles with Iran even before the nuclear policy. just waiting for the justification. anyway they are a good read i highly recommend.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hey man I enjoy getting your point of view on things.Can you please respond to my post above.We think alike in many cases,even now except you don't think they are dumb enough to go through with it,and I think they know even if it turns out bad,that just furthers their agenda.If of course they are real,they being the NWO.

Although that sure is a hell of a big leap from the patriot act to WW3.I'm having a hard time deciding if they will go through with it.I just think it's far beyond propaganda and the stand down was to brief the pilots and prep the aircraft.I have no proof of this,it's just opinion.

I guess it comes down to if they think Russia/China and whoever will jump in.I say the evidence is largely there and there should be no attack,however I am thinking for and about the poeple,they are not.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Just for the record, let's be clear... there is NO evidence that Iran is guilty of any crime.

You mean besides sending men, money and military arms into Iraq to kill the allied forces. Also, I guess the leader of Iran saying he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map means nothing in your eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Just for the record, let's be clear... there is NO evidence that Iran is guilty of any crime.

You mean besides sending men, money and military arms into Iraq to kill the allied forces. Also, I guess the leader of Iran saying he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map means nothing in your eyes.

Also....Iranian special forces have been teaching the "insurgents"aka locals how to make ied's and specifically helped kill large numbers of British and us troops. their troops regularly cross the border and engage. recently bush made an executive order allowing us troops to engage any Iranian troops coming across the border.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

I guess I am having a hard time putting all the pieces together. I keep asking what is there to gain?

On the US end, if they strike Iran, it will be an airstrike only, maybe with some special forces. This means that money can't be made off of the war in the conventional way, ie big boosts to industry. So it really doesn't serve the US unless they assume that oil revenues will soar because of it.

Iran and Russia have nothing to gain because Russia needs the money from Iran by selling them their nuclear material. Iran knows that it will be devastated and this will ultimately cause a world war.

The main thing is public support on both ends will be abysmal. The US will not tolerate bombing ANOTHER country based on US speculation that Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons. Iranians are, for the most part,
a peaceful, democratic country that does not want to see it blown apart.

Not sure if I am clear about what I am saying but I think it is the general idea.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTMASTER
recently bush made an executive order allowing us troops to engage any Iranian troops coming across the border.

President Bush has written so many executive orders recently it is almost a dizzying effort to keep up with all of them. To me he seems more and more the madman who is taking orders from "the voices" or a "Jesus" or perhaps a "Maitreya" ... I don't know, but having seen his last speech I found him a most frightening presence with more than the serpent's edge in his voice.

But to get down to brass tacks, I think Blackwater being booted from Iraq simply makes them available to Pres. Bush to be used in Iran or Syria for his next exercise in the Nazi tactic of pre-emption and pre-emptive warfare. My point is simply that he has done away with Just War theory and replaced wholesale with the tactic of Pre-emption which has a dishonorable heritage as a tactic and as philosophy.

In reviewing the Executive Orders one must wonder not "if" but "when" Pres. Bush declares an Emergency coupled with Martial Law what will precipitate such declarations.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yes I now see what your saying.I think the U.S would stand to gain even more oil,and as a end we will have U.S. friendly leaders all around China. In my mind the question is will Russia and China actually be dumb enough to kick up some dirt.

I'm sure the bomb companies will stand to make a fast buck.Also I saw another poster mention Irans threats to Israel,Ithink the threats will be a major deciding factor because we will simply not allow Iran to continue with their nuclear program,especially with the threast flying around.

Russia and China stand to lose a lot if we attack Iran.Millions of dollars in investments and such,not to mention some sweet oil deals.So it really comes down to nerves I guess,will the U.S do it,if so will China and or Russia retaliate?

I'm having a hard time reading through the mumbo jumbo of each nation to see if they really would go through with it or not.I know Robert Gates is now saying diplomacy has not failed and we will continue talks with Iran.What a drastic change from twice announcing war with Iran.

So the reason I wanted you to answer is I'm still on the fence and trying to make up my mind.The propaganda makes you believe your gonna attack tomorrow then the next day we say we are going to do nothing.

I guess I'm leaning more towards the side of we will go to war.If nothing else then because Israel and oil.Israel is basically our puppet master in my eyes.Damm those Israeli lobbiest.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join