It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil industry 'sleepwalking into crisis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oil industry 'sleepwalking into crisis'

news.independent.co.uk

Lord Oxburgh, the former chairman of Shell, has issued a stark warning that the price of oil could hit $150 per barrel, with oil production peaking within the next 20 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Looks like more bad news about oil prices. I think we should be focusing on looking for alternative fuels before things get too bad, but that idea is far from the minds of the people who are in control of big oil.

news.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Maybe they should stop their BS... seriously. What are the oil companies goals? Making money! How do you make money? Decrease the supply! How do you do that? Buy other refeneries and invade oil-producing countries so you lower the offer and you make more profits! How do you also help decreasing the offer without a fight? You fund eco-friendly groups and you use them!

And most people don't think about that... they want to do money... the more oil there is, the less profit they make... it's simple. So yes they invaded Iraq for oil, but not ``for oil`` but more to control the flow...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Don't kid yourself the only people walking into a crisis is the people
that use the oil they oil companies sell

we will pay to offset there costs.

Later
GEO

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
Don't kid yourself the only people walking into a crisis is the people
that use the oil they oil companies sell

Well there aren't many other options available at the moment.

we will pay to offset there costs.

Yes but oil isn't going to always be there, at some point things will have to change.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Uhhhh... we are supposed to be out of oil worldwide. That is what the experts told me in the 70's. The experts were wrong and I bet they are wrong again.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think that's the plan all along, the important thing is that countries that find their way out of oil dependency are going to be the one that are going to one that dont have to worry about the price of oil.

Oil supply at some point is going to end and you factor that with decreasing supply as the world moves to other sources and oil companies trying to squeeze every drop from every well and you got a recipe for high oil prices.

Oil companies have always found a way or excuse off late to justify their pricing and it would not surprise me that 20 years from know, even if many countries has taken big steps to distance themselves from oil, the countries that still do depend on it are going to be paying steep price for it and companies are going to come out and say that is " to offset the amounts of money that they have to spend in order to retrieve the product."

I will be interesting to see which countries start jumping out of the oil bandwagon and seriously start embracing other energy source methods.

top topics

join